so how do i split the memory into 250gb each
one for my wii isos and the other for my music movies and pics

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you are in xp, like me, then just click on these things:

start -> control panel -> (if you have a category view control panel, click performance and maintenance) -> administrative tools -> computer management. in the new window go to storage -> disk magement. fin the hardrive you want to split, right click on it, then click "delete partition" (warning: back up everything on it first or you will be sorry). then right click on it and make a new partition, make one 250 GB fat32, and repeat. it will now act like 2 hdds.

if you are in linux, install Gparted and follow basically the same steps. mac sucks so i cant help you there
wink.gif
please search more in the future.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could just shrink your old partition... I use the Win Vista/7 disk manager and occasionally EASUS to manage my partitions.

PenguinSlap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the theme that looks like coverflow
whats the name of the folder where put my isos
where do i put the theme and covers
i dont want to use my sd card i just want to use the full channel
mainly what do i neeed to put on my hdd

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I partitioned a 500gb Seagate Freeagent Go to where the first partition is FAT32 (for homebrew, emulators, etc.) and the second partition is WBFS. I used a free program called Compuapps Swissknife to delete the whole drive partition first, then created the first partition as FAT32 set to ACTIVE and primary. Then I made the second partition FAT32 primary. After making sure that Windows assigned each partition a proper drive letter, I used WBFS Manager 3.0.1 to format partition 2 to WBFS. I'm using Windows XP sp3.

This method has worked perfectly for me, and all homebrew on the FAT32 partition works perfectly. I prefer WBFS, simply because it compresses the ISOs when added, allowing more games on the drive. I haven't read much on loading Wii ISOs from a NTFS partition, but I imagine that you'd have to scrub each game if you wanted fit the same amound of games as a WBFS partition. Could someone correct me if I'm wrong?

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol.

They are the same size on the wbfs partition as on a fat32 partition. when you convert to .wbfs file format, you have the option of only using the game partition.

WBFS does not compress the games, the size you are seeing is simply the games partion of the disc.

anyway, if you go the fat32 route, you simply make a "wbfs" folder at the root of the drive, then use a program to convert your isos to .wbfs

Wii Backup Manager
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188295

I prefer this route, since I don't have to decide how much to split the partitions into, as all home brew uses fat32, and this allows for the full space to be just that. meaning down the road, i won't run out of space for either partition, and will never require a "re-split".

and yes, you can reconvert them back to isos anytime you like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.