1. PipeWarp

PipeWarp PipeWarp

United Kingdom
    Dm me, i can help

2. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear The Coolest Bear Around

United States
    WSL will probably work for this after the next big feature update, since WSL2 will be coming out, with a full, native Linux kernel.

malekmaroc7 likes this.
  3. PipeWarp

PipeWarp PipeWarp

United Kingdom
    Nvm, @malekmaroc7 here's my tutorial.

1. Go and download Rufus
    2. Go and download the Ubuntu Image
    3. Plug in you USB drive
    4. Open Rufus.
    5. Put Device as your usb drive, and boot selection to the ubuntu image that we dowloaded
    6. Press start, and once its done, turn off your computer.
    You have Ubuntu on your usb, BUT to boot...
    1.While your usb is plugged in, turn on your computer.
    2. Usually, there are a bunch of key combos that you can do before OS starts, find the one called Boot options (IF YOU DONT HAVE THE OPTION GOOGLE "How to boot from usb")
    3.Select boot from usb or removable drive.

You should now be in Ubuntu. Press "try ubuntu" so that you can fully use ubuntu without it touching windows 10.

Done.

Last edited by PipeWarp, Mar 27, 2020
    malekmaroc7 likes this.
  4. malekmaroc7

malekmaroc7 GBAtemp Regular

Morocco
    That are great news!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thank you much!! I will try that out today!

banjo2 likes this.
  5. malekmaroc7

malekmaroc7 GBAtemp Regular

Morocco
    @PipeWarp
    So,.. I installed Ubuntu on my USB and it boots almost perfectly (sometimes it hangs that I need to restart it again), but there is a small problem: Ubuntu doesn't find any Wireless Networks (seems that it doesn't recognize the WiFi module). Do you have a solution?

6. PipeWarp

PipeWarp PipeWarp

United Kingdom
    Option A: Google is your friend, google your problems/make a post on askbuntu.com to fix it.

Option B: Install Ubuntu alongside Win10

You can install Ubuntu alongside windows in the installer BUT apparently that might not work in the installer
    See this guide for reference and what to do
    In case something goes wrong, grab another USB drive and download this. Run it, it will detect the drive, and install the windows 10 media creation tool.
    ' Its safe, but if you in any doubt, use the "Something else option" on the installer ' - Person who replied to the thread linked.
    If your computer somehow messes up, i take no responsibility. In the event that it does:
    Plug in the other usb that i mentioned (the one with the windows tool) and when presented with the install option, press in the corner "repair" "troubleshoot" or something like that.
    You can use options like Pc wont start and it will scan the HDD and fix it. If it says nothing found, try restarting it, it may have already got it as this has happened with me before.

If all else fails, reinstall windows 10
    Note: If you’ve already successful activated Windows 10 on the PC, including if you upgraded by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer you won't need to enter a Windows 10 product key. You can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will automatically activate later.
    (from this forum in the comments)

Good Luck!

Last edited by PipeWarp, Mar 28, 2020
    malekmaroc7 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - hotspot, Ubuntu, setup