Hacking How to sell an 6.2 exploit to Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
needcash said:
I also don't want to Nintendo to find me.
Indeed, if they find you, they'll send their ninjas to kill you. This happened to me a while ago, and I somehow managed to get rid of them. But I do not think it would be a good idea to do this again since they are really strong and they cut my left arm off. Thanks to that, I am not able to play on my 3DS anymore. So please don't do this.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Indeed, if they find you, they'll send their ninjas to kill you. This happened to me a while ago, and I somehow managed to get rid of them. But I do not think it would be a good idea to do this again since they are really strong and they cut my left arm off. Thanks to that, I am not able to play on my 3DS anymore. So please don't do this.

I'm sorry to read that. With some practice you could use your feet and your other arm... Akthough it could hurt your back...

ohh... good topic though...

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
too late

PGR5b8n.jpg

they already got him

in before Gateway announces 6.2 support

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Notice how he first posts here and does not go directly to Gateway to ask. Why? A private exchange with GW wouldn't rouse so much attention.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
He asked a simple question - how to get in touch with the Gateway team. He doesn't plan on proving the exploit works to you guys - you're not the Gateway team. It's none of your business whether the exploit is real or not, that's not what the question is about.

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/contacts/

There. Simples.

loco365

Trophies
XP
He asked a simple question - how to get in touch with the Gateway team. He doesn't plan on proving the exploit works to you guys - you're not the Gateway team. It's none of your business whether the exploit is real or not, that's not what the question is about.

There. Simples.

I'm pretty sure if he's as smart as he claims to be (REing a 3DS is no simple feat,) he could have just as easily gone to the Gateway site and found that information.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There. Simples.

Surely you're not that naïve as to think that some of those responses weren't at least partially an invitation for the OP to provide some kind of proof to validate his claims? I mean, it's still on topic per-sé. And besides, do you really think that this community would just answer the OP's question and let the thread die? Aren't you just a little bit curious about this alleged exploit as well?

So to summarize: OH COME ON!

Reactions: Mylink5

needcash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Sorry, but most of you need to learn to read properly.

I am looking for advice how to handle this best: getting the money and staying anonymous. I don't need any more problems.

I do not claim Gateway works with the chinese mafia, I said I read it very often on these forums. If they don't and that is bullshit that is great. I just don't want to contact them using my real identity. I am very uncomfortable with that.

Of course I use a freshly registered account (=only 1 post) for this, everything else would be stupid.

I also do not want to use some magical cryptocurrency but a trustworthy service.

Of course I will proof to Gateway or another interested party that my findings are legit. it works. I am using it.

I guess very much that my exploit will be useful for Gateway since I can combine it with the others bits Gateway developed and run backup games on my 6.2 console.

I also do not understand where some of you got the idea that I want money from the users. This is not crowdfunding. Your money is safe.

Thank you very much for all serious answers yet.

UraKn0x: Replace "find me" with "sue me". It's the same unpleasant thing.

Foxi4: Thanks, but I am quite able to find the contacts page on the official Gateway site.
I just need advice how to be smart about handling the business/negotiations since I do not know anything about stuff like that. I only know and feel comfortable with technical stuff. Also I am not very good with people, as you can see what load of negative responses my thread collected.

Reactions: gamefan5 and cearp

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's very simple - provide them with a video of the exploit working just fine, preferably in high definition with no jump cuts that would make it seem illegitimate. You have the exploit, so you have the ace up your sleeve, really - even if they try to steal it from you without paying, you can immediately release it online, thwarting any possible income they might gain from it since it'll be publicly available. If you don't want to do it through e-mail, you can always contact them via the usual scene IRC channels.

Reactions: gamefan5

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I also do not want to use some magical cryptocurrency but a trustworthy service.

If you want anonymity without dealing in physical cash, you won't find a much more secure service than via cryptocurrency. Pretty much anything else will leave a trail of some kind.

Also, consider that you're posting on a gaming forum searching for business acumen. Not that I don't think there are members here who would be able to help, but you'd probably get a higher number of more helpful and more mature answers asking somewhere else.

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just need advice how to be smart about handling the business/negotiations since I do not know anything about stuff like that. I only know and feel comfortable with technical stuff. Also I am not very good with people, as you can see what load of negative responses my thread collected.
I would suggest not settling for a one time fee, but rather a percentage of the profits made by using your exploit.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's very simple - provide them with a video of the exploit working just fine, preferably in high definition with no jump cuts that would make it seem illegitimate. You have the exploit, so you have the ace up your sleeve, really - even if they try to steal it from you without paying, you can immediately release it online, thwarting any possible income they might gain from it since it'll be publicly available. If you don't want to do it through e-mail, you can always contact them via the usual scene IRC channels.

thats a very good point you could probably just send them the working exploit and pretty much blackmail the money out of them rather than having to trust each other, i think everything you needed to know has now been answered.....you will need some sort of private escrow service, i imagine gateway themselves would know of some, you would just have to make sure it reputable before going with it, or try find your own solution....truly the best option would be bitcoins in terms of being completely annonimous, but if thats not an option speak with gateway im sure they have ways and means of handling money.........i doubt they would be any sort of mafia crap anyway and as long as you both agree on a price and stick to your terms there would be no reason to be too worried.....but just in case send a copy to a friend to release on your untimely demise :blink:

other than that i think this thread is finished.....everyone will just have to see if gateway appear with 6.x compatibility in the future

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop feeding the troll guys such an attention whore I rather not say anything to start a flame war by the way if nintendo sends lawyers after him and it was indeed fake does he still get sued on claims alone?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even if it's true, why would the Gateway team buy this when they can wait for smealum to release his stuff and see if that's of any use? For one, that would come at no cost to them, two, it supports higher firmwares.
(whether it CAN be done is another matter entirely, but I'd say it's still at the very least worth checking for them)

Reactions: WiiCube_2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc