Hacking How to sell an 6.2 exploit to Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So far the only people in this thread who are stirring a controversy are other users who instead of giving an actual answer to the question post completely off-topic responses.

indeed. a lot of people must learn to just ignore threads instead of spouting their "fake lolz" useless comments.

edit:

I dunno, smea seems very confident about the fact that his exploit won't allow kernel access.

Reactions: VinsCool

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You said you recently lost your job, right? There's a perfect solution: ask GW to hire you. You show them how to create the exploit, and they keep you for updates and stuff.

Two birds with one stone.

why would the Gateway team buy this when they can wait for smealum to release his stuff
Because then this would happen:
2cp1.jpg

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My advice would be, create a video showing that your exploit works (while obviously not showing or explaining how it works). Then if you don't want to work with gateway for fear they might have some sketchy ties, start a kickstarter showcase your video proof, and ask backers for money so that you can package it, hire a small team if necessary (for physical production, etc.), and then ultimately sell your new Gateway-like-but-better device.

I'm not judging whether or not you really have the real deal or not, this is just my advice on the matter if what you say is true.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You said you recently lost your job, right? There's a perfect solution: ask GW to hire you. You show them how to create the exploit, and they keep you for updates and stuff.

Two birds with one stone.

he doesn't want to have anything to do with them, just take the money.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
he doesn't want to have anything to do with them, just take the money.
Taking the money, even anonymously, means having something to do with them. So might as well enjoy your new life as a flashcard developer in china and live the dream.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes it means that but what I meant was he doesn't want to be traceable in any way. if he just takes the money in some safe way he is good, if he works with them he is not.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also do not understand where some of you got the idea that I want money from the users.

Because you provided your email address.

An email address is not necessary if you just want people to reply to this thread with general information. It implies you want people to contact you out of the forum.... ie. for purposes that you would prefer to keep private/secret.

The email address for personal, private contact screams "scammer". Well, as does the rest of the post, too.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What just came to mind is that post from a few weeks ago where a user offered to pay $1,000 for a working 6.x exploit. Did I remember that correctly? Some of the smaller details may be wrong.

Within this context, this thread reeks of scam bait.
"Hey, I have an exploit, send me $1,000".

Mods should delete the OPs email address, lest gullible users email him wanting to buy it.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why are people so agressive these days? This person seems polite and just asked some questions as far as I read. You should help - instead you attack.

There is nothing to lose for us, only to win. Stop hating - start believing. :toot:

Reactions: gamefan5

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else remember when this site was filled with nice, helpful people? The good ol' days of wii hacking those were. Wish we could just all go back to that.

Hi guys,

I always loved the 3ds and grow very fond of hacking it after first hearing about Gateway emerging.

After playing around intensely with the 3DS for quite some time I managed to find some weak spots which allowed me to create an exploit for the 6.2.0-12 firmware.

Since it is simple built I modified the Gateway 1.0 launcher to use my exploit to run game backups on the 6.2.0-12 firmware.

I always thought of me as part of the free software movement and planned to release the modified launcher free for all. Unfortunately I lost my job because the company discovered that I was using a big part of its resources on tinkering with the 3ds.

This really depressed me and I couldn't find a new job until now. Because of that I thought about making money with my creation instead.

The logical step would be emailing Gateway about wanting to sell a exploit they could use for their product, but I read very often on this forums that they are involved with the chinese mafia somehow and I am very afraid of having to deal with them. I want to do this anonymously and I don't trust services like Paypal or Western Union for this.

I am only good with technical stuff and was never good handling my social life nor do I have a clue about any business rules or manufacturing my own flashcard.

I thought about creating a website which lets you download a customized launcher which only works on the 3ds specified by the customer who paid for it, but running this anonymously would be a real pain if I actually want to receive the money.

I am completely on loss here, I need money desperately but I don't even know if a 6.2 exploit is really interesting/valuable since the most recent firmware release is 9.1.0-20 and it does not work there for sure, I checked. I also don't want to Nintendo to find me.

It would be great if you could me give some hints here for dealing with Gateway safely and/or managing a secure money transfer without BTC. (I need real money)

Obviously I will not do something only because someone wrote it on the internet, but maybe you can provide me some good help.

I set up an email account for contacting me: [email protected] (not a typo)

Thank you

need$

In relation to your question Mr. Needcash, Ill reiterate what other have said. Set up an account to receive bitcoins, (LOOK INTO IT), and get a 3rd party to hold GWs funds after contacting them. Show them you can do what you say you can do, and if they trust you, you might get some money out of it.

Long term solution though? Get a job and don't use your companies assets for your own gain.

Reactions: gamefan5

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This person seems polite and just asked some questions as far as I read.

Because his post is polite, he is not likely to be a scammer? :blink:

By the way, he did not "just ask some questions".

1) He told GBAtemp members he has a working 6.x exploit (bait).
2) He provided his email address (hook, line and sinker).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Video evidence should be enough before they strike a deal, let's not get hasty. :P
yeah i know :lol:...i meant like even if they arent happy with video evidence.....depending on how much they are talking and how its beeing paid i.e if it was just bitcoin with no middleman involved....im sure they would want the proof in hand before paying....and as long as he has his copy then they are still pretty much compelled to hand over the money or he could pretty much ruin their whole buisness......but yeah i think a middleman is much needed in these kinds of things

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yeah i know :lol:...i meant like even if they arent happy with video evidence.....depending on how much they are talking and how its beeing paid i.e if it was just bitcoin with no middleman involved....im sure they would want the proof in hand before paying....and as long as he has his copy then they are still pretty much compelled to hand over the money or he could pretty much ruin their whole buisness......but yeah i think a middleman is much needed in these kinds of things
In such an event he should probably start with a compiled binary instead of the source code. :P Don't forget to obfuscate the code, OP! ;)

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taking the money, even anonymously, means having something to do with them. So might as well enjoy your new life as a flashcard developer in china and live the dream.

I thought they were based in france for some reason.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Gateway don't respond to their emails, I am not sure they even monitor that email address.If you are for real good luck with your endeavors. Seems a little too out of the blue to be real to me but who knows.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i got a reply yesterday from gateway about the issue with people being bricked if they update without setting emunand up.....maybe they just ignore any "eta?" or "can i beta test?" types of email

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a reply yesterday from gateway about the issue with people being bricked if they update without setting emunand up.....maybe they just ignore any "eta?" or "can i beta test?" types of email

Well anyone already on their beta tester list/anyone who has a "real" question will be answered. They said:

Technical/support question will be IGNORED, see below for support

Hence why 90% of questions are ignored.

Reactions: gamesquest1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM