Hacking How to run VC/WiiWare Wads off an SD Card in vWii Mode?

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I Need some help lol Sorry this might be the third time you see this question but it might be helpful for those wondering the same thing I am. Is there a way to run VC/Wiiware wads off an SD Card????? I actually used Dop-Mii in an attempt to install ios 236 and patched ios 80 on my vWii mode and it didnt go through because there was no trucha bug but I am assuming (hopefully correctly) that no damage has been done to my vWii mode because I have noticed zero change lol even though I said yes to HW_AHBPROT but it still said no trucha bug and to install to an ios that allows fakesign.
What I have done that has worked is install the HBC via smash stack and installed wads of vc games and one wii ware game. All have been working well so far.
The thing I've been looking for all day is...how can I run my VC/Wii Ware Wads off of the SD Card???? (So as to save blocks on my vWii mode) When I try to do it it says failed to launch. For my regular wii I installed ios236 and then used dop mii to install the patched ios 80 (which patches the system menu I later learned) but as it would seem vWii mode is different and messing with the System Menu ios may be more risky than it would be with the regular wii.
BUT the weird thing is TWO of my wads (Mario Party 2 and Wario Ware DIY Showcase) ACTUALLY DO run off the SD Card (after being moved to the SD Card and no longer being present on the system itself) perfectly without ios 236 or any patch or modification to ios 80. Why only these two and not the rest lol...is there a way I can get the rest to play off my SD card in the vWii Mode?

just install ios80 patch no need for any additional program install once then ur able to run downloaded vc/wiiware owned or never owned previously off an SD card

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just install ios80 patch no need for any additional program install once then ur able to run downloaded vc/wiiware owned or never owned previously off an SD card

it's as easy, except you need a specific retail game instead of a system menu exploit.
Not everything works like the wii, for example priiloader is not possible and installing it will brick your wii. themes are not possible, IOS versions are specific for WiiU, etc.
but the overall method is the same: exploit > install HBC > done
alternatively:
- install cIOS > use usbloaders

- patch IOS80 (more dangerous than all previous steps) > play Wiiware games installed with wad managers stored on your SD card.
Hello everyone!

Some people were wondering how to run unofficial channels via SD Menu on their Wii U's vWii, and why they currently could not, and the answer is simply, the same answer as on regular Wii: The System Menu IOS has to have the signature check patched out.

And so, I have modified IOS236 Installer MOD to install a patched IOS80 instead.
It only applies the one needed patch (not 5 like IOS236 Installer MOD does).

Just run it on vWii from SD card via HBC.

WARNING! THIS APP MODIFIES vWii's SYSTEM MENU IOS! RISK LEVEL "ORANGE" ACCORDING TO THIS THREAD! (which you should READ FIRST)
vWii CURRENTLY HAS NO RECOVERY OPTIONS SUCH AS BootMii, SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I have only tested it on 1 Wii U (several times though), my USA "Guinea-Pig" Wii U...
...and it was successful every time :D

But it is still risky, just like any other System Mod.

Anyways, here you go.

Enjoy!

use caution

RedCapsMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed the patch to IOS80 and it worked like a charm. All my previous WiiWare and VirtualConsole wads work great off an SD card. But, on the flip side, I've been reading that the newest WiiU firmware (5.1) refuses to install if you've got a cIOS installed in the wrong slots. They have to be installed someplace that hasn't been already assigned to a previous IOS. Would updating now cause me problems because I messed around with IOS80? Or am I reading too much into (or misunderstanding) the rumors and updating would be just fine?

I had removed my router settings and taken my Wii U completely offline to avoid the update until I knew it was safe.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed the patch to IOS80 and it worked like a charm. All my previous WiiWare and VirtualConsole wads work great off an SD card. But, on the flip side, I've been reading that the newest WiiU firmware (5.1) refuses to install if you've got a cIOS installed in the wrong slots. They have to be installed someplace that hasn't been already assigned to a previous IOS. Would updating now cause me problems because I messed around with IOS80? Or am I reading too much into (or misunderstanding) the rumors and updating would be just fine?

I had removed my router settings and taken my Wii U completely offline to avoid the update until I knew it was safe.

even without iOS 80 patched the update wouldn't install either way since you already have cios installed and plus i would recommend staying on 5.0.0 and just never update what i do is block the address in my router so it can't update so i can keep my wiiU online and not have to worry ps here is the addresses i use to block the update
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
a1796.g.akamai.net

gi5431

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Wiiwares and VC games using a dump of your vWii nand and the loader Wiiflow (using Wiiflow click A on the little multi-squaredlittle-icon in the lower right corner, then click B on the old-controller icon (NES?) in the lower right and select Extract Nand: dump will be made in few minutes and placed in SD :\wiiflow\nandump\).

Now, on PC side, open the software called ShowMiiWads and do the following:
"Options" -> "Change NAND backup path" -> enter the nand backup folder (in the example above it is SD :\wiiflow\nandemu) -> "View" -> "ShowMiiNand" and you will see NAND contents;
Now go to "File" -> "Open Folder" -> Select your WADs dir and wait for loading -> "View" -> "ShowMiiWads" -> select your WADs -> right-click -> "Extract" -> "to NAND" and wait for the process to end.

Now put the SD card in Wii U, launch vWii and then Wiiflow from HBC; select the multi-squared-little-icon (that represents nand installed titles) and you will be able to see and play your Wiiwares and VC titles (compatibility is very large in Wiiflow but not all games play) - covers are also available !

You can also use another Wii or vWii nand backup but there are problems exiting Wiiwares and VC titles (often crash)

And also, to avoid problems using Wiimotes (that are syncronized with your real vWii) you need to correct the wiiflow.ini file in SD :\apps\wiiflow to set this option real_nand_config=yes

Hey, I was just wondering if it was possible to emulate multiple nands. I would like to keep all my N64 separate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo