Hacking How to remove CIOSCORP(crap)

blueboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
How do i remove Cioscorp(crap) from my wii......i should have never installed it in the firstplace. I have Bootmii as boot 2....homebrew channel installed....and im on 4.0 U. Should i just update via nintendo and get 4.1 sys menu or use something else? Also I want to install preloader(if it is safe)later.And could anyone suggest a good backup disc loader for wii?Thanks in advance.
p.s. i think its cios corp 3.2 or 3.1 not 3.3 i have ciosrev 14 installed too.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's an uninstaller? What does it do? And is it meant to work for the current CIOSCORP above 3.0?

A system update won't get rid of CIOSCORP 3.0+ anymore because the version numbers are maxed, so normally you would just use dop-IOS v7 to install all the recent official IOS's manually (or just use NUSD).

As for a disc based backup loader, NeoGamma R7. No question.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes there is an uninstaller for v3.3
all it does is to re-install the normal IOS

I have a link if someone needs it

edit: seems to be made by xzxero
he replaced the cIOS with IOS
but he links it in his sig and thats NOT allowed

el_jimithy99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did anyone end up having any luck with this, or anything like it??
I just dug myself into the same hole...

I could really use some help.
I'll try to be as diligent, and polite as possible...
I'll thank you lots, and pray to you like jesus.
nyanya.gif

badduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
system update won't remove it?!

try "format wii system memory"

you'd be surprised how thorough it is (actually, it just does what it says).

just did this yesterday on a cioscorp 3.4 wii. now back to 4.1U with no signs of cioscorp (or preloader).

just remember to run your trucha bug restorer after the wii goes to 4.1, and start over from there.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
dont do that, just use DOP-IOS and install the latest version of the IOS's from NUS (nintendo servers) take about 10min to complete the job but alot easier than fuckin about with formatting and reinstalling the sys menu

atdi198d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so i am obviously a newb.... my friend hacked my wii, and then i did a bit of research and then hacked someone elses wii, with no problems. i got everything working for him with system menu 4.1.
i dont know much about the stuff for my wii, and i just wanted to have the option of putting wads onto my SD card and load them off of there, so i performed a system update only to clear HBC, and ONLY because on a wiki page, it said that 4.1 was still the latest update....well, wiki fucked me. its 4.2, so i couldnt install hbc. i found out that there was a way around it with indiana pwns, that didn't work because turns out my friend installed cIOSCORP, or at least i think he did, because indiana pwns gives me the error "There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this wii". i was looking at ways to try to get rid of cIOSCOPR, and i saw something called "DOP-IOS", do i need homebrew channel to load this? and since i am a newb, who do i use this, what do i do? and if this isn't an option for me, is there anything else i can do?

thanks in advance.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$.2U blocks any kind of homebrew to be install on the Wii. Why is everyone trying to rermove cioscorp of there Wii? I have a 4.0U I was going to install cioscorp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy