Xtrips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hello,

I have a hacked Xbox 360 with a program called Freestyle.
When I want to install a game it is usually downloaded as an ISO image.
I was instructed to then expand the ISO. I use Xbox 360 ISO extract for that. And then I upload the files to the HDD on my Xbox via FTP.
Note that I am a newbie when it comes to Xbox so please keep it simple.

Now my question is can I do something on my Xbox so I can upload the ISO file as is and access them from within the Xbox, skipping the whole extract hassle?
My main problem is that I am trying to do that with Minecraft and after 6 different copies of the ISO none works.

Thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, there's no way to do that on the system itself. you can rip games with the system though, just not using a standalone iso.

edit: btw, extracting the game is getting rid of the padding, so games will be smaller.

Xtrips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Great. I will look for explanation of ISO2GOD and Xkey because I have no idea what it is.
Just out of curiosity, why all the Xbox ripped material I find on usenet is always presented as ISO if there is no use for it as is?

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

I have a hacked Xbox 360 with a program called Freestyle.
When I want to install a game it is usually downloaded as an ISO image.
I was instructed to then expand the ISO. I use Xbox 360 ISO extract for that. And then I upload the files to the HDD on my Xbox via FTP.
Note that I am a newbie when it comes to Xbox so please keep it simple.

Now my question is can I do something on my Xbox so I can upload the ISO file as is and access them from within the Xbox, skipping the whole extract hassle?
My main problem is that I am trying to do that with Minecraft and after 6 different copies of the ISO none works.

Thanks
Just use and external HDD and extract it with iso360 directly on your ext HDD (on your pc) .if you have a rgh i find this the best and easiest method

Xtrips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Me again.
I used ISO2GOD for the first time on an ISO but in the end of the conversion I get a folder bearing numbers and letters instead of the name of the game, and I see no default.xex file inside. How does that work? Should I just upload that folder as is to the Xbox?

And what is "rgh" ?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RGH means Reset Glitch Hack, it's a type of hardware hack.

The folders are normal, there's files in them with long file names.
You can upload those with 360 content manager to your 360 via FTP.
It'll automatically put it in the right folder for you to use on the MS dash and on Freestyle Dash.

Xtrips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It'll automatically put it in the right folder for you to use on the MS dash and on Freestyle Dash.

I am sorry to be insistent, I put the folder in the same folder as all the other games I uploaded. You say something should happen automatically? Maybe I didn't do something right...

Xtrips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
360 content manager does yes.
For GOD games to be scannable, you'll have to adjust the scandepth in the settings for those games.

:D now I understand what I did wrong. I simply don't know what is 360 content manager. I'll look it up. I just used Freestyle to activate (I guess?) the FTP and then I uploaded to the HDD/game directory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.