1. NikkoKozukata

OP NikkoKozukata GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, guys I'm back with another guide for my fellow Jap console users who don't unders0tand Japanese.
    Hold your breath because this is going to take a lot of renaming, so without further adieu here it is:

How to play Pokken Tournament in English on Japanese Wii U:
    1. Go to content/WiiU/text/master & rename the following .drp files
    NAVI_001_en to NAVI_001_ja
    NAVI_002_en to NAVI_002_ja
    resident_ntx_en to resident_ntx_ja
    SKIT_001_en to SKIT_001_ja
    SKIT_RANDOM_en to SKIT_RANDOM_ja
    2. Go to content/WiiU/packdata/battle/master & rename the following .drp files
    btlseq_en to btlseq_ja
    3. Go to content/WiiU/packdata/league/master & rename the following .drp files
    league_en to league_ja
    4. Go to content/WiiU/packdata/mytown/master & rename the following .drp files
    battlerecord_en to battlerecord_ja
    5. Go to content/WiiU/packdata/skit_sprite/master & rename the following .drp files
    skit_gra_m_01(to)10_en to skit_gra_m_01(to)10_ja (hahaha so many right?)
    6. Go to content/WiiU/packdata/tutorial/master & rename the following .drp files
    tutorial_en to tutorial_ja
    7. Go to content/WiiU/packdata/vs/master & rename the following .drp files
    vs_cs_en to vs_cs_ja
    8. viola!!..

WarmSmells and SANNIC789 like this.
  2. xhinz

xhinz Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    hey can you help with Hyrule warriors? I tried renaming all the _ENG file to the JP counterpart but it's only working partially. like the main menu and the title, but the rest is still in Japanese.
    Also I can help writing a php script to automate the process of renaming. thats what I did with hyrule anyway since there are around 350 parts that I tried to rename. let me know if anyone interested

3. NikkoKozukata

OP NikkoKozukata GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I will help with Hyrule Warriors just wait until I have my dump

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The automated script would be helpful if you can make a script for my guides

4. xhinz

xhinz Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    thanks man. i'll write the script asap. it's only in php though so you have to have php installed on your system.

5. Santa313

Santa313 Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    This is working beautifully! Is this basically the general idea for playing games in English in a Jap WiiU console? Just change whatever *en* to *ja*? Will it work with other games? Is there a thread that basically discusses this? Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tournament, consoles, English