ROM Hack How to play gba roms on R4DS

Trace II

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to extract the DS operating system and make it look in the slot 1 device instead of the GBA slot? My head hurts...
wacko.gif

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the EZ Expansion pack already includes rumble..in the 3 in 1 pack. So...It's been my idea to get the 3 in 1 and use it with my R4. I think gba emulation is entirely possible given the right equipment.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought the Slot-1 capability was slower than slot-2.
Therefore even if there is gba rom in slot-1, the game cannot be run because the reading speed is not good enough.

only NDS in slot-2 is readable, not gba in slot-1
If there is a gba emulator for NDS, the roms would be located on a slot-2 card, but where's the point in doing that other than self-proud ?

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
short answer: no
long answer: try to understand the hardware you're dealing with first before posting hillarious theories. it'll make you look less like a dumbass. btw, the answer is still no.
Thanks for the support veho and opcode,youve just been ignored....
So first you don't use the search function but instead open yet another completely useless topic, then you ignore correct (if condescending) answers, and provoke another round of discussion on the subject, that will (and, in fact, has) undoubtedly end up with the conclusion I already posted.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: well, this entire thread. And what does this thread say? NO.

Yay me
happy.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
wow can't you kids play nice
i thought it was a fairly decent topic seeing as many people may have wondered the same, i know i did
just let it go and leave the people who wanna discuss it too it
wink.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
But thats the thing, shelleeson. It just isnt possible. If you have a hardware limitation, programming something like this just isnt gonna happen.

On the other hand, alot of well-informed people said that SNES emulation wasnt going to happen on the DS/GBA... :wtf:

PLAY NICE Y'all
wub.gif

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the EZ Expansion pack already includes rumble..in the 3 in 1 pack. So...It's been my idea to get the 3 in 1 and use it with my R4. I think gba emulation is entirely possible given the right equipment.

The 3-in-1 is a Slot 2 card, you are not emulating GBA mode. You are accessing GBA mode via GBA mode. The data is loaded from the slot 1 card to the expansion pack, then it shifts to GBA mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo