Hacking How to Patch Games with an arm7.bin file..

green_panda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have one question: How come it worked on all my games except FFCC: Echoes of Time (U)? Is it because it's a fairly new game? Thanks!

lildanyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I DID EVERYTHING YOU SAID BUT WHEN I SAW THE NEWLY PATCHED CHINATOWN WARS ITS SAY THE TITLE AND THEN .PAT WHY DU U THINK IT SAYS THAT PLEASE RESPOND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I WANT TO PLAY TAHT GAME

frown.gif

mcflann72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i patched mt gta chinatown wars rom and it finally loaded up and everything. but after it asked to enable or disable autosave it freezes on the black screen right after.

any help/suggestions?

shyna66

Trophies
XP
Country
hiya guys! nub here! hihi
yaynds.gif

and to Curly5959 your really a great help to us all!
yay.gif

i know its a little late...

@green_panda --- use DSATM google it i fixed my FFCC:EOT using that...

i don't know if it will work with Mario & Luigi RPG 3, didn't try it yet...

---i have a question though, in Curly5959 help thread in changing the game iD?

coz im concerned about the cheats for FFCC_EOT...coz its designed for the EUR ver.

it showed up, i chosed the game fix and all, when i load the game *poof*
laugh.gif

white screen...should i disable the EUR game ver. and enable the patched one? or what?

Badachelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NormanCod said:
lileeychu said:
Does anyone know of an alternative to dslazy, one for os x? If not, how to replace arm7 on os x platform?

Thank you!
If any Mac OSX user needs a way of doing the arm7 injection fix for recent games such as The Hulk, Sonic Chronicles, etc, here is what I use.

I'm afraid it uses Terminal, but it is quite painless to use and works nicely (at least for me). The only bit I wrote is in perl, so any nervous person should have a quick look at the script to make sure I'm not evil, or to modify its behaviour.
OSX_arm7patcher.zip on Mediafire NB I've changed this now to avoid including the arm7.bin since I had no business including that in the distribution (see step 3.5 for how to automatically extract a new arm7 file from any appropriate donor rom such as '2337 Summon Night - Twin Age (U)(Xenophobia)').

Here's the readme
arm7patcher.pl is a simple perl script that I knocked up after being frustrated with not being able to play my backup of Worms on my R4 cart and the R4DS firmware not being updated. Actually, I used it for only a couple of days before there was an R4 fix, so I didn't bother giving it out.

Given the recent R4 incompatibilities, I've dusted it off and tested it successfully on 2699 Sonic Chronicles : The Dark Brotherhood (E)(Xenophobia).

Anyway, here's the minimum you need to know to be able to use it:-

Installation
1) Unzip this folder (yes, the one with this file in it).
2) If you are using a PPC, you need to replace the file with the PPC one found in 'ndstool binaries'
3) Just put this folder in your home directory (if you put it elsewhere you need to slighty modify step 6 to use it)
3.5) place an arm7.bin file or any donor rom into the donor folder.

Usage (NB no file should be altered - only new files created)
4) Place one or more of your backup roms in the folder 'ROMs IN'
5) Now you need to open a Terminal (sorry, I'm not experienced with writing any GUI stuff), if you've never used it it is in /Applications/Utilities.
6) type 'cd arm7patcher/' (or another path if you put it somewhere else) and press return
7) type './arm7patcher.pl' and all roms should be processed

Notes
a) If someone puts an AppleScript wrapper around this, I'd like a copy please.

b) The enclosed arm7.bin was from '2337 Summon Night - Twin Age (U)(Xenophobia)' as cited by http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compa..._list/2301-2400. To extract an arm7 from that or any other rom, just put an .nds file in your donor folder and when you run it next it will make a new arm7.bin from the new donor.

Yeah. See. the whole thing WORKS. exept when i look at the fixed file when its done, it 2.5 GIGS! has this happened to anyone? im using leopard btw, not sure if that has somthing to do with it...

nato4eyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I patched a game called magicians quest mysterious times and only part of the nds file got patched and not the whole im missing like 20 mbs

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All game images are padded to 8,16,32,64,128, etc MB. The padding isn't needed and just wastes space on your media so it is discarded. That is what trimming means.

wellhard30

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I have follow the instructions and a get a file but my r4 wont read the new file? any reason why? it does not show in the games list.

Any help plz?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto