Hacking How to overcome FAT32 file size limiation?

ole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I`m trying to install a WUD file, the size is well over the size limitation of FAT32, so I cannot transfer it to my install directory on my SDCARD

What are my options?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I`m trying to install a WUD file, the size is well over the size limitation of FAT32, so I cannot transfer it to my install directory on my SDCARD

What are my options?
You don't install wud files. You extract them first then install

Ninja'd

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 limits a single file size to 4gb.
Oh, i didn't know that. Is odd, since i managed to copy Tokyo Mirage sessions to my sd card and install it. Or do you mean a single file over 4GB can't be copied? :unsure:

I didn't know files like that exist. I figured they had those "00000000.app" stuff that is supposed to install and then be installed. Maybe try that FTP installer thingy that WUP installer has?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You don't install wuds, you extract them and put the installable files on your sd

32 GB is the max wii u disc size. All good wud dumps are this size
Also fyi the fat32 limit is 4 GB for one file
I thought the biggest disc game was 25GB, but oh well, is not important. I think maybe he isn't doing it right. Is supposed to be a bunch of files not one single huge file right?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP was trying to copy a single WUD file. Those are huge. Contains lots of unneeded data. When you extract a WUD you get the .app files etc.

Yes, I have a 128GB SD and its full. Fat32 just limits you to a SINGLE file being 4gb or smaller.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP was trying to copy a single WUD file. Those are huge. Contains lots of unneeded data. When you extract a WUD you get the .app files etc.

Yes, I have a 128GB SD and its full. Fat32 just limits you to a SINGLE file being 4gb or smaller.
Well that i never knew about. Thanks for telling me, i'll remember that next time. :)

But yeah, i never had a single file install of a game unless it was a cia on 3DS, though not the case since 3DS games were never 4GB, but i thought something was suspicious when he made the thread. So it needs to be proper unpack format to install. I hope NTSF HDD are gonna be possible soon.

ole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, I did try and install the wud file directly, hence the issue.

Thanks for all replies. Will have to do some more research.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)