Hacking How to make partitions/reformat on a full WBFS hdd?

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read that in order to make the wii games work properly through a usb hdd, one has to make a small partition of fat or fat32, and then format the rest to wbfs.
I just bought a wd my passport essential with 320GB. I plugged it to my pc, opened wbfs manager 3.0, and chose to format it. The process was instant and then it said it was done. The thing is that now I dont know how to UNDO this in order to reformat back the hdd to its defaults. When I try to check the hdd through windows xp, it says its empty ( I guess it doesnt recognize wbfs format ), but when I right click on it and choose to format it, I only have the option to do it for NTFS. I have read that windows xp doesnt let you format hdds higher than 32G into fat or fat32. I dont know what to do here.
Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks!

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the fat32 format tool in Wii Backup Manager. It'll also allow you to use the fat32 partition to launch ISO's as well as homebrew. Use Configurable USB Loader with Hremes' cIOS 222/223.

PsychoSk8r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no need to install extra software to partition.

Right click on My Computer, then press Manage. Go to Disk management, and from there, if you're on Vista, you can shrink or extend partitions, or do the following, which works with Vista and XP.

Right click on the drive, click "delete partition", then when that's done, right click on it again, and press "New Partition".

You want it to be a Primary partition, and a max of around 30000 MB, since you're not gonna need much more anyway, and you can format that to Fat32. 320gb is too big to format as fat32, which is why windows trys to force NTFS.

I hope this helps, and any more problems, don't hesitate to ask.

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I thought that first I needed to force windows xp to format the hdd into fat32, coz that way I wont have problems with USB Loader GX trying reading the ISOs from it.
I used the command prompt and Im currently 50% formatting the hd into fat 32. I guess then the next step will be make to a partition less than 32GB, and the rest into WBFS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol