Hacking How to make NTSC-U SSBB support Korean text?

shitaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there is a Korean and Japanese of Brawl, but I'm working on making a translated Korean version of the NTSC-U Project M for their community since most likely they won't port their codes for the Korean version. So I have edited the text images but I have a problem editing the text. When I edit the text in Brawlbox and save it. When I make the Project M game, the Korean text at the bottom shows up as black boxes (similar on how if you don't have Asian character support on your computer and it shows it as boxes). I have talked to some of the programming and staff and they said I would have to edit the main.dol. But I have no idea how to do that. I hope someone here might know how to do it. Thanks for reading!
PS: I do have the SSBB Korean main.dol if that helps anyone

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
with a hex editor i think you could make it, the main.dol is in the ISO of the game you could extract it with dolphin or wiiscrubber, in wbfs you could make it with dolphin but if you just got the wiiscrubber you need to convert the wbfs to ISO and extract the file with wiiscrubber but i cant tell you how can you edit the file, i heard you should make a table and this will show the characters you want, but unfortunatelly i dont know how to make a table

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you try the vidtv patch in some usb loader? Do not mix it up with video mode patches, anything, that is not called vidtv, is not the vidtv patch. From what i read, it is supposed to get japanese text to work.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Can you try the vidtv patch in some usb loader? Do not mix it up with video mode patches, anything, that is not called vidtv, is not the vidtv patch. From what i read, it is supposed to get japanese text to work.

i dont know what are you talking about...

shitaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with a hex editor i think you could make it, the main.dol is in the ISO of the game you could extract it with dolphin or wiiscrubber, in wbfs you could make it with dolphin but if you just got the wiiscrubber you need to convert the wbfs to ISO and extract the file with wiiscrubber but i cant tell you how can you edit the file, i heard you should make a table and this will show the characters you want, but unfortunatelly i dont know how to make a table
Yeah I read about this in another thread you posted in. I wish I knew some PPC Assembly. Are you translating something also?

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Yeah I read about this in another thread you posted in. I wish I knew some PPC Assembly. Are you translating something also?

I am not translating anything but i want to translate monster Hunter G, but i have not a teacher for teach me,
1 I have to learn how to make a table (but i do not know why...)
2 To dump text for edit it
3 make scripts
4 and create a patch (this is easy, because create a ppf patch is easy)
all i have to do, and learn, triste:(.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: New Orange Pi 🥰