• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grisu_YT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you manage to run one of the template projects?

I recommend doing this first and then just duplicating the template project and gradually porting your game to it.

Also, only use shaders present in the template project.
yeah i only tried to use templates

the main thing i tried is the controller test but still didnt work

RGeeK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i have one big problem : I made about forty builds of my game and until then everything was going well but since last night I have the arm error with the black background, I cannot launch my game and I tried all solutions (even use cia build of unity, convert and enable options in luma settings) nothing works and i'm out of ideas

edit : i forgot to say, it work on citra

Last edited by RGeeK,

JoelSonamShah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Could someone tell me the steps on how to set up unity for 3ds from archive.org or somewhere else? and also is there some kind of documentation somewhere for this?

Plackett

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
can you guys get touch input working? Ive tried using EventTriggers but it only seems to work on my computer, when I compile and put it on my O3DS it doesn't work

CompuGeniusPrograms

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cgprograms.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I'm glad to see this thread is still active.

I'm trying to build a super simple game for the 3DS (this issue appears on both the n3DS and o3DS through Citra. On my physical o3DS, it shows the Nintendo logo then crashes - stack trace posted several posts down).

The top screen is being duplicated with a slight offset to the bottom screen. In unity, each camera's target is different and in unity, it renders properly.
This is what I expect:
unknown.png

This is what I'm getting (note: cube's rotation is intentional):
unknown-1.png

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Last edited by CompuGeniusPrograms,

Swipley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I GOT A PROBLEM WITH 3DS UNITY PLEASE HELP!

Hello developpers 👋
I got a big problem after building my 3DS Game
the problem is about IL2CPP if you got the anwser for fixing the problem please add me on Discord: Swipley#0001 or reply this post

1658990947286.png

nguyengiabach1201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hey, so I'm glad to see this thread is still active.

I'm trying to build a super simple game for the 3DS (this issue appears on both the n3DS and o3DS through Citra. On my physical o3DS, it shows the Nintendo logo then crashes).

The top screen is being duplicated with a slight offset to the bottom screen. In unity, each camera's target is different and in unity, it renders properly.
This is what I expect:
View attachment 312346

This is what I'm getting (note: cube's rotation is intentional):
View attachment 312347

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it?
Just set the lower camera culling mask to something different from the upper because the upper camera will duplicate the lower one if you don't do this

CompuGeniusPrograms

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cgprograms.com
XP
Country
United States
Just set the lower camera culling mask to something different from the upper because the upper camera will duplicate the lower one if you don't do this
Wow, thanks! That made the lower screen stop duplicating the top, however a UI sprite that should be showing up on the bottom screen is not.

Expected:
1659885779084.png

Result:
1659885765205.png

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wow, thanks! That made the lower screen stop duplicating the top, however a UI sprite that should be showing up on the bottom screen is not.

Expected:
View attachment 321627
Result:
View attachment 321626
Try different shaders. Best way to do so fast is to create 5 buttons or so, and see which one shows up when you build. Make them differently colored or something so you know which shader worked. Are you able to build or this is all on unitys editor

CompuGeniusPrograms

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cgprograms.com
XP
Country
United States
Try different shaders. Best way to do so fast is to create 5 buttons or so, and see which one shows up when you build. Make them differently colored or something so you know which shader worked. Are you able to build or this is all on unitys editor
I am able to build. Play mode doesn't accurately show what would happen on the device.
Speaking of which, I am only able to run the apps in Citra. If I try running through my homebrewed 3ds, it crashes with errors every time (stack trace posted several posts below).
I will try your suggestion to play with shaders, thanks!

Last edited by CompuGeniusPrograms,

CompuGeniusPrograms

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cgprograms.com
XP
Country
United States
I am able to build. Play mode doesn't accurately show what would happen on the device.
Speaking of which, I am only able to run the apps in Citra. If I try running through my homebrewed 3ds, it crashes with vague errors every time.
I will try your suggestion to play with shaders, thanks!
I can't figure out a good shader to use with UI elements - I can get the text and button to show up using `Mobile/Particles/Alpha Blended` yet I can't change the color properly.
Not only that, but the button does not seem to be properly clickable in Citra (I still cannot get it working error-free on my physical device).
I also tried using OnGUI and even Nintendo's own KeyboardExample scene, yet it crashes when Unity tries creating a GUI button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: