Hacking How to load roms off DVD?

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have HBC, and whatever stuff is needed for me to run backups on the Gamma Loader. Do I have everything necessary to be able to read DVD's with roms on them or is there a different alternative?

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I forgot to mention I already have the emulators too. When I put the DVD in, it says "Invalid DVD". What do I do now?

4ndy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install DVDx, which can be obtained from www.wiibrew.org, If you have a modchip, you will need to install patchmii-core in order for it to work. That can be obtained from http://hackmii.com/2008/07/patchmii/.

Also if your on official Firmware 3.4 you need to get DVDx 3.4 installer.

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tranquil said:
Oh, I forgot to mention I already have the emulators too. When I put the DVD in, it says "Invalid DVD". What do I do now?

i havent used any dvds to run roms but it sounds like dvdx might fix your problem.

if the emulator supports loading roms off dvds you either need dvdx or need to read up on how exactly to place the roms on the dvd, they might need to be in specific folder or be burnt a certain way. try to find the site for the emulator and an up to date FAQ or guide.

4ndy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I would look for an alternative to dvds if you can. Only reason is it will be a pain to try to add roms after the dvd is burned. Most up to date emulators support USB thumb drives which are fairly inexpensive these days so you might want to look into that.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For dvd's that's it. comex made an updated installer to get dvdx working on 3.4 but it wont install if you have pirated vc channels installed (homebrew channels ok) but it's currently the only dvd support. Works perfect too, i just tested and made roms dvd last night for use with fceugx, snes9x, vbagx, smsplus, genplusgx, and hugogx and everything loads fine, just make sure you go into the appropriate setups in the emulators to set the dvd folders path.

4ndy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
A 4GB SDHC card will fit every NES, SNES, and Genesis game ever with room to spare. just FYI
I have a 4 gig usb thumb drive with ever nes, snes , and gen games on it. It only cost me about 5 bucks for the thing.

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, this is weird. I installed DVDx, and I loaded the roms off one DVD-R. I did not have to specify the path or anything, I could just browse through my files until I found some roms. However, I put in a DVD+R which I do believe had a few roms on it, but it still says "Invalid DVD" and "Unable to access the games directory". What now?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
you do need dvdx...Normal install if you do not have a mod chip...Also remember that NOT ALL SUPPORT ZIPPED ROM FILES for example VBAGX and GENESISGX DO NOT SUPPORT ZIPPED ROMS FROM A DVD In contrast the FCEGX and SNES9XGX BOTH DO SUPPORT ZIPPED ROMS FROM A DVD

You can create a rom dvd by simply downloading and installing IMGBURN (its free get it from google or cnets download.com)

Open Image Burn and choose to create a disc from files on the hard drive...

Add the roms to the compilation.....Pop in a DVD-r or whatever you use... Click Burn and when the disc is done (providing you have ran DVDX previous to this) Your DVD-R is ready to go

I ONLY USE DVD-R's FOR ALL OF THE " GX " EMULATORS THEY ALL WORK!
(i have all 4 dvd-r's in a 4 disc ps1 cd case ff9 case actually lol)

Good luck
wink.gif
and remeber about the zipped roms or you will waste some dvd's bro

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, you didn't really answer my questions but thx for the help anyway
wink2.gif

The roms aren't zipped and when I put the DVD+R in I get an "Invalid DVD" error...not sure why this is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__