x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yesterday i make this, i load the fw.img, the screen red, connect with the wupserver... I close wupserver and i turn off wii u but then the led of the console was yellow/orange (i know this can be) but it was flashing, i turn on the gamepad but the console no, then i disconnect wiiu from the "light" and then all worked normally
This is the first time that this happen its normal with this processs?

Yesterday I compiled this. I ran fw.img and the screen turned red. I then connected with wupserver. Afterwards I closed wup server and turned off my wii u. At this point the console's led turned orange/yellow - I know this is a normal color, but it was flashing. I turned on the gamepad, but the console wouldn't turn on. I disconnected the wiiu from the outlet, and afterwards everything went back to normal. This is my first time doing this, is this normal?

I tried to make sense of your post. Is this what you meant? Your English is kind of hard to understand.

Sounds like your gamepad just de-synced with your wiiu. If turning the wiiu off fixed it, I wouldn't be worried.

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yesterday I compiled this. I ran fw.img and the screen turned red. I then connected with wupserver. Afterwards I closed wup server and turned off my wii u. At this point the console's led turned orange/yellow - I know this is a normal color, but it was flashing. I turned on the gamepad, but the console wouldn't turn on. I disconnected the wiiu from the outlet, and afterwards everything went back to normal. This is my first time doing this, is this normal?

I tried to make sense of your post. Is this what you meant? Your English is kind of hard to understand.

Sounds like your gamepad just de-synced with your wiiu. If turning the wiiu off fixed it, I wouldn't be worried.
Had this too

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only gripe with them is that they claimed any older IOSU code than this is a leak.
Someone leaked an incomplete version of some of their code that used IOSU functions that could potentially be dangerous. That's what the message was about, basically saying get your stuff from an official source so you know it's the stable one that won't cause a brick.

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country

thanks for aclararation, i will edit it, Im spanish and i dont practice english everyday :teach:

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
You can try to load this fw.img while having your usb drive plugged, then run wupclientgui, click mount usb and check if you can copy /vol/storage_usb/usr/save.

For anyone having trouble with Python2 crypto on windows, run /python2/scripts/ipi.exe --upgrade, after it is done run ipi install pycrypto.
I tried, and I got to recover a few saves, but the one I wanted to get back (all the challenges in gold in nSMBU) just gave me a weird can't open dir error, so I guess that file is corrupted beyond saving. Same for Game & Wario.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do we need to add "starbuck_ancast_iv"? The tutorial doesn't mention it...

Also,what is the fw.img,exactly? If I remember,it is the Cafe main OS, but can you add more details?

Last edited by mariogamer,

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
14. two keys and iv in bin/getfwimg.py
15. one key and iv in scripts/anpack.py

It does mention it. There are places in the scripts which ask for them as well.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Also,what is the fw.img,exactly? If I remember,it is the Cafe main OS, but can you add more details?

If I'm not mistaken it's the Wii U NAND. Which includes the OS and even the free space on the entire flash memory for the time being.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken it's the Wii U NAND. Which includes the OS and even the free space on the entire flash memory for the time being.

You're mistaken in your supposition that the fw.img is a copy of the nand. I'm not 100% sure myself, but the one I compiled from this guide is only 14MB. I believe it's just the system fw.

Reactions: specht

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're mistaken in your supposition that the fw.img is a copy of the nand. I'm not 100% sure myself, but the one I compiled from this guide is only 14MB. I believe it's just the system fw.

Ah, I may have gotten it confused during the RedNAND stuff. I've been following along on wiiubru IRC but you can only gather so much popping in and out.

Last edited by specht,
D

Deleted User

Yeah, the fw.img is a patched version of the IOSU firmware. It has nothing to do with Cafe OS (which runs on the PowerPC processor).
This exploit allows us to essentially point the currently launched IOSU firmware to the SD Card and trigger a "reboot" which launches the patched firmware.

opendata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
three things wheres the thing about haloween gone , is the starbuck_ancast_iv found with otp dumper and does this work on arch linux.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by x65943,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat