Homebrew [How-to] Load a fw.img for Any File Dumping + WiiUBru status update

webtoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@pwsincd Thank you for this amazing release, looking foward to halloween, one day at a time. :yayu:

Would love to come and help test things out if possible and / or if needed("My Wii U not so much haha.")

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
404.png

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it seems like I have a lot to catch up on. It appears that a lot have happened in the two days that I was absent. Now I cannot use this as I am on Firmware v 5.4.0, and don't feel like updating, However due to the explosion of this thread, I must ask, is it possible to copy the bought DLC tickets and if so how does one go about getting the said ticket? I assume the Mount_odd_tickets has something to do with this?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it seems like I have a lot to catch up on. It appears that a lot have happened in the two days that I was absent. Now I cannot use this as I am on Firmware v 5.4.0, and don't feel like updating, However due to the explosion of this thread, I must ask, is it possible to copy the bought DLC tickets and if so how does one go about getting the said ticket? I assume the Mount_odd_tickets has something to do with this?
I believe that command only does disc tickets.
Also why don't you want to update? At this point all the exploits that are either already out or coming out Soontm are for 5.5.1. There is no reason to not update at this point and it would be better to do so now than later when it may become impossible.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that command only does disc tickets.
Also why don't you want to update? At this point all the exploits that are either already out or coming out Soontm are for 5.5.1. There is no reason to not update at this point and it would be better to do so now than later when it may become impossible.
Did you ever have yours compiled? I think I figured out the "one key and iv" but not sure about the "two keys and iv" I found a bunch of iv Keys and lots of "Keys." Mostly from Zecoxao on that wiki site, or did you downloaded a compiled version from that iso site?
As for the Wii U update, I would hate to get a big fat middle finger by having the exploit be available for older firmware first, even though it is seeming more likely going to be v5.5.1 firmware from now on. Although I suppose I could update the v5.4.0 Wii U and keep my other v5.1.0 Wii U on that firmware or upgrade it to v5.3.2.
Also do you know if it is possible to get the DLC ticket?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever have yours compiled? I think I figured out the "one key and iv" but not sure about the "two keys and iv" I found a bunch of iv Keys and lots of "Keys." Mostly from Zecoxao on that wiki site, or did you downloaded a compiled version from that iso site?
As for the Wii U update, I would hate to get a big fat middle finger by having the exploit be available for older firmware first, even though it is seeming more likely going to be v5.5.1 firmware from now on. Although I suppose I could update the v5.4.0 Wii U and keep my other v5.1.0 Wii U on that firmware or upgrade it to v5.3.2.

You can get the DLC ticket, but it's specific to your wii u as it contains console specific information.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get the DLC ticket, but it's specific to your wii u as it contains console specific information.
Is their a special command to retrieve the ticket, perhaps mount USB, since the DLC is located there? I want it just for archive purpose, in case if emunand becomes a thing.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have anybody noticed Wii VC games like xenoblade include a unencrypted fw.img? Did any brave soul try to boot it in CFW loader? :unsure:

Reactions: Conn0r

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The exploit is released already for 5.5.1

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has 3 possible outcomes:
A) Boots up Wii Game
B) Boots up Wii Firmware
C) Bricks Wii U
Third or a crash seems more likely. I took a look at it again and the installed version on the Wii U has 2 extra files, title.tmd and title.fst (lists all the files of the title), which seems to be generated on installation.
I would bet the fst file is used for mounting an extra virtual partition based on the xxx.nfs wii disc parts.

Last edited by Pachee,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pwsincd Can you officialy release the source (it is on wiiubru,but you need to register)

Also,can anyone answer to my question about starbuck iv?

Do you want to know where they got starbuck iv because you are interested in the process, or because you want to get a copy yourself?

-snip-

Last edited by x65943,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up