Hacking how to keep preinstalled game on 3ds?

andytr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have already deleted a preinstalled game on my mrs' 3ds when installing r4i firmware on the ds' sd card.
I didn't realise the game info was stored on the sd card and I wiped it off when i formatted the card before I put the firmware onto it.
I just want to check the correct way of doing it as I am about to do the same on another 3ds with a preinstalled game.

do I-
copy the sd card info to my computer.
then format the sd card and put firmware onto it and all the original files back onto it?

any help would really be appreciated

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have already deleted a preinstalled game on my mrs' 3ds when installing r4i firmware on the ds' sd card.
I didn't realise the game info was stored on the sd card and I wiped it off when i formatted the card before I put the firmware onto it.
I just want to check the correct way of doing it as I am about to do the same on another 3ds with a preinstalled game.

do I-
copy the sd card info to my computer.
then format the sd card and put firmware onto it and all the original files back onto it?

any help would really be appreciated
You should be able to just redownload the game from the eShop but yes you can copy the files off the SD card and copy them back on later or even copy them to another one.

andytr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
great!
thanks for clearing that up.

I am staying clear of emunand tho- as I don't want any chance of bricking my 3ds as it is an r4i card im using.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro