Homebrew How to install legit CIA files 9.3-10.3

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Eh, I've already installed all the legit CIAs I need for my region and these games are pretty much all I ever wanted anyway. Most of them are games I used to have but that were loaded on my old 3DS that got stolen. Nintendo refused to put them on my new 3DS even though I had proof of purchase because their eshop/account policies are ancient and draconian. So yeah, I don't personally need much else from CFW that isn't simply provided by these CIAs. Especially 'cause N3DS doesn't have up-to-date EmuNAND, I'd rather use these than worry about cryptofixing and constantly searching for good update CIAs, etc.

N3DS will probably get a updated emuNAND in the future. It's only a matter of time, Team SALT did it.

You might as well wait a bit, I guess.

DaniOrtega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For people with the following error: ...(0x13), ...(0x6), ...(0x1b), ...(0x8), ...(0x2f)
> The FBI application did not open properly. In most cases, this is because some of you press the buttons before it says "Done".
> If you get to the screen where it says "done" then press buttons. Typically, it is freezing, so reboot and try again. It is all I can say.

Sorry for my english.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys am just back in.......is steve n the guys still working on the official versions of memchunkhax2 and tkm tool???? if so any eta as yet??? and are there many waiting for official releases. i know i am going to wait....no reason not to....thanx

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi guys am just back in.......is steve n the guys still working on the official versions of memchunkhax2 and tkm tool???? if so any eta as yet??? and are there many waiting for official releases. i know i am going to wait....no reason not to....thanx
JustPingo said on Twitter that KTM might get released on Wednesday.

D

Deleted-236924

Why don't the "legit" CIA files stay linked to your NNID? The ones that come preinstalled onto 3DS bundles do, why don't the installed CIAs?
Because Nintendo has a record on their servers of what serial numbers have pre-installed games associated to them.
If you have a 3DS that genuinely came with a pre-installed game, you can do a system transfer to another 3DS and link a NNID to it and it'll transfer.

Non-genuine pre-installed games though, the ones people are getting here by installing legit .cias, those aren't actually associated to your serial number on Nintendo's servers.
So you link NNID to your 3DS while the games are installed, it doesn't add anything to your downloaded games because there's nothing on Nintendo's side to add.
Same if you do a system transfer, Nintendo's servers don't see any games associated to your 3DS, so they don't transfer anything.

CIAs take similar weight than the original game ?
Yes so you need twice as much space on SD card than the game actually needs.

DarkJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes so you need twice as much space on SD card than the game actually needs.

Why would that be? Do you mean just to install, since you need space for both the cia and the unpacked cia? After install it would only take the space it needs since you're able to delete the cia?

D

Deleted-236924

Why would that be? Do you mean just to install, since you need space for both the cia and the unpacked cia? After install it would only take the space it needs since you're able to delete the cia?
Yes, but if a game takes up 1GB of space and you only have 1.2GB left, you can't do the install.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
are there many peeps waiting on official releases or are most folk chancing it
There is no any risk to install legit cia if you don't power down the console while it install

I think Even if that crash during install (never happened even after all CIA install here)
it will just make a conruption and take not needed space but never a brick.
That like when you download a game in Eshop, if when it install it you power down it just conrupt the concerned data.
and throw a popup on home menu :P

After that I just waiting for non-legit cia install nothing else ~

Reactions: Deleted-236924

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no any risk to install legit cia if you don't power down the console while it install

I think Even if that crash during install (never happened even after all CIA install here)
it will just make a conruption and take not needed space but never a brick.
That like when you download a game in Eshop, if when it install it you power down it just conrupt the concerned data.
and throw a popup on home menu :P

After that I just waiting for non-legit cia install nothing else ~
ok thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum