Tutorial  Updated

How to install eShop games with SX OS

I am NOT responsible if you get banned or somehow mange to brick your switch

Prerequisites​
  • Have a working SX OS licenses and have it set up​
  • Have a copy of devmenu (I can't link to this here you'll have to find it yourself)​
  • A micro SD card​
  • OPTIONAL put your switch into airplane mode before doing this​

Part One: Setting up your SD card

Plug your SD card into your PC. Create a folder called sxos, then create a folder inside of that and name it titles. Once you have done that create another folder and name it with the title ID for the game you plan on layeredfs-ing.

In my case it's Pokémon Quest so my file structure looks like this sxos\titles\01005D100807A000. Now put the romfs and exefs for devmenu in that folder. (I'm assuming that the copy of devmenu you have is already in layeredfs format.)
Finally put the NSP for the game you plan on installing on the root of your SD card.
At this point your SD card should look something like this
sx.PNG

Part Two:Installing the NSP

Boot into SX OS and choose "Boot custom FW". Launch the donner title that you are using (again in my case Pokemon Quest)

You should see this come up on your screen.
2018070319015800-E4B364C957D95017CA1171810D655865.jpg

Select the install from SD option. The NSP you have should now appear on screen, press A to start the installation.

fixed.png

You can choose either install to SD or system memory. After selecting that press A one again.

2018070319072100-E4B364C957D95017CA1171810D655865.jpg

The NSP should now start installing.

2018070319091400-E4B364C957D95017CA1171810D655865.jpg

Wait a few minutes and the install should finish
2018070319133100-E4B364C957D95017CA1171810D655865.jpg

It is now safe to go back to the home menu and close out of devmenu
2018070319134300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

After closing out of devmenu your new game should show up
2018070319134600-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

Enjoy!
2018070314364100-B078B511A5B781471916CCD172F8038E.jpg

Last edited by snails1221,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried SMO and it crashed and corrupted my save data
Yea I tried cave story and Mario kart and they both got corrupted saves :cry:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yea it seems that pokemon quest is the only one that works... I'm not putting this console online everrrr

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think TX is crazy to support LayeredFS and buggy devmenu in 1.3 - it's going screwed up a lot of Switches and getting people banned. They are creating problems for themselves, people will be complaining and sending them emails for help.

Reactions: naddel81

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really think it's worth it right now, yooka-laylee will get a cart release and it's the only eshop dump out there (and it's a bit of a lackluster game imo). Hold tight for a more friendly method

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Code:
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTask::~PackageInstallTask()
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTask::Initialize(char const*,nn::ncm::StorageId,void *,ulong,bool)
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTask::GetInstallContentMetaInfo(nn::ncm::InstallContentMetaInfo *,nn::ncm::ContentMetaKey const&)
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTask::IsContentMetaContentName(char const*)
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTask::PrepareInstallContentMetaData(void)
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTaskBase::~PackageInstallTaskBase()
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTaskBase::Initialize(char const*,void *,ulong,nn::ncm::StorageId,nn::ncm::InstallTaskDataBase *,uint)
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTaskBase::CreateCertificatePath(nn::kvdb::BoundedString<256> *,nn::fs::RightsId)
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTaskBase::CreateContentPath(nn::kvdb::BoundedString<256> *,nn::ncm::ContentId)
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTaskBase::CreateContentMetaPath(nn::kvdb::BoundedString<256> *,nn::ncm::ContentId)
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTaskBase::CreateTicketPath(nn::kvdb::BoundedString<256> *,nn::fs::RightsId)
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTaskBase::InstallTicket(nn::fs::RightsId const&,nn::ncm::ContentMetaType)
nn::ncm::PackageInstallTaskBase::OnWritePlaceHolder(nn::ncm::InstallContentInfo *)
Is better than DevMenuApp. Lazy fucks.

Reactions: Kun_ADR and jimmyj

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very much so, even more unique than the ones used for cartridges. In fact, supposedly someone may have accidentally generated a new one via eXhop to avoid a certificate ban on their digital titles.

interesting, also what do we think to the claim that nsp games can be used offline?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
interesting, also what do we think to the claim that nsp games can be used offline?
They can be used that way but its a lot less safer now to have a .NSP game than a .XCI game. Nintendo has no way of tracking what cartridges you own so as long as you never go online with it, its somewhat safe but Nintendo can track who downloads what title and if they see an installed title that you didn't pay for, its curtains.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can be used that way but its a lot less safer now to have a .NSP game than a .XCI game. Nintendo has no way of tracking what cartridges you own so as long as you never go online with it, its somewhat safe but Nintendo can track who downloads what title and if they see an installed title that you didn't pay for, its curtains.

hmmm, no so sure its worth the risk, all the games i wanna play have a physical release. I did wanna come back to a point you mentioned earlier, if someone did actually generate a new ticket, couldnt we just use that to download a game? Lending back to my 3ds days here, we downloaded the ticket that said that we owned the game, and then we could download from eshop and thats it, i wonder if this person is telling the truth, if that would be the next step, as you could simply download a legit copy of a game, with a legit cert, but a "legit" ticket.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, no so sure its worth the risk, all the games i wanna play have a physical release. I did wanna come back to a point you mentioned earlier, if someone did actually generate a new ticket, couldnt we just use that to download a game? Lending back to my 3ds days here, we downloaded the ticket that said that we owned the game, and then we could download from eshop and thats it, i wonder if this person is telling the truth, if that would be the next step, as you could simply download a legit copy of a game, with a legit cert, but a "legit" ticket.
On the 3DS, the problem was that all requests to the eShop were general requests meaning Nintendo had no way of tracking who was downloading what. With Freeshop, it was just a mass number of people making both illegitimate and legitimate requests with no way to filter them. Now, all requests made to the eShop requires your console's unique certificate so they now know who is downloading what and if they are supposed to in the first place. The weird part however, is that if your certificate gets banned, you can still make requests not through the eShop but through a CDN downloader. They possibly allow this so people have access to their eShop purchases after being banned, but if they see that console still making bogus requests, they may choose to revoke full CDN privileges.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.