Tutorial How to install DSiWare onto the Main Menu (No TWiLightMenu++ Required)

iPadFaked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm not very lay in this part of homebrew, but I know the basics. I wanted to install them on the normal menu, so where should I follow the tutorial to keep the original menu and install the dsiware on them?
Obs: I'm using google translate, so if something seems wrong, translate into portuguese brazil

Trash_Bandatcoot

Your Local Random Internet Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I'm not very lay in this part of homebrew, but I know the basics. I wanted to install them on the normal menu, so where should I follow the tutorial to keep the original menu and install the dsiware on them?
Obs: I'm using google translate, so if something seems wrong, translate into portuguese brazil
Just follow the first tutorial, it's very self-explainitory.

iPadFaked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My DSi is not with unlaunch nor hiyacfw installed. To follow your tutorial is just to install these two?
I'll follow the dsi.cfw.guide tutorial

Trash_Bandatcoot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My DSi is not with unlaunch nor hiyacfw installed. To follow your tutorial is just to install these two?
I'll follow the dsi.cfw.guide tutorial
No, it isn't if you take a look at the tutorial.
First install Unlaunch and HiyaCFW via dsi.cfw.guide, then continue with this tutorial.

kai98yoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for the silly question. But it is possible to run USA DSiware games on a European DSi console? I always get a white screen. Even with the public.sav created by the TwilightMenu...

Trash_Bandatcoot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for the silly question. But it is possible to run USA DSiware games on a European DSi console? I always get a white screen. Even with the public.sav created by the TwilightMenu...
Some games indeed show a white screen, some games work. Same goes for some Japanese games, and Chinese/Korean games never worked at all.

kai98yoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to play Zelda Four Swords, Mario vs Donkey Kong and Paper Flight... Even with Twilight Menu itself, they aren't playable Edit: Is it only because of the false region or...? Do these games work at all? Edit Edit: I've tried a lot of games. Everytime I start a DSiWare game Twilight Menu resets and the normal DSi menu appears.

Last edited by kai98yoshi,

kai98yoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to play Zelda Four Swords, Mario vs Donkey Kong and Paper Flight... Even with Twilight Menu itself, they aren't playable Edit: Is it only because of the false region or...? Do these games work at all? Edit Edit: I've tried a lot of games. Everytime I start a DSiWare game Twilight Menu resets and the normal DSi menu appears.
I have found a solution for my problem and perhaps a solution for everyone else who gets a white screen when starting a game from another region. Now every game is working for me. You just need to do a little hex edit to make the dsi ware game region free like this tutorial shows. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-make-and-play-region-free-dsiware.414852/

s12t0l.jpg

Last edited by kai98yoshi,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Asks a neighbor to pick me up some gaterade brings back powerade