Hacking How to Inject Private Header to Roms?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ichigo1000
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,283
  • Replies Replies 9

Ichigo1000

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 6, 2015
Messages
524
Reaction score
94
Trophies
0
XP
715
Country
United States
I recently ordered a Sky3DS and I am preparing all the files in my microsd before it arrives.

I know how to get the private header info, but what do you do next?

I heard something about Sky Army Knife and NoBanNoSky.. But don't know where to start.

I also got some questions.
1. Can you use privates from OFFLINE games?
2. Can you use just one header for all of your roms?
3. Any header from any game will work right?
 
Use no ban no sky to patch your Sky3DS template: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-no-ban-no-sky.381204/

1) Offline-only games don't have headers so it wouldn't matter

2) No, for some of them, you will need to change the manufacturer for that specific rom in the Sky3DS template file. For example, the game manufacturer of my private header was C2 (manufacturer code in header) so when I tried to play Street Fighter 3D online it wouldn't work, since Street Fighter 3D was manufactured by "45" in the template. So I had to manually edit the header for Street Fighter and change the manufacturer code to C2. Then I could play online

3) You only need one header and you are set for all present and future 3DS releases. Some of them you may be required to do the above^^^


EDIT: Here's a thorough explanation and how to regarding the injection of private headers

https://gbatemp.net/threads/why-sky3ds-gets-002-0123-even-with-a-private-header.385672/


In a nutshell, just make sure the manufacturer in the header of the rom you are trying to write matches the manufacturer of the rom from which your private header came from.
 
Last edited by mrolive,
  • Like
Reactions: LameNobody
Use no ban no sky to patch your Sky3DS template: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-no-ban-no-sky.381204/

1) Offline-only games don't have headers so it wouldn't matter

2) No, for some of them, you will need to change the manufacturer for that specific rom in the Sky3DS template file. For example, the game manufacturer of my private header was C2 (manufacturer code in header) so when I tried to play Street Fighter 3D online it wouldn't work, since Street Fighter 3D was manufactured by "45" in the template. So I had to manually edit the header for Street Fighter and change the manufacturer code to C2. Then I could play online

3) You only need one header and you are set for all present and future 3DS releases. Some of them you may be required to do the above^^^
Oh really? But I heard from somewhere that offline games do have headers.. How about offline games with download play?

Err, what do you mean by "change the manufacturer"? Sorry, I'm a bit confused there. So you mean I can use a single private header from one game, as long as I edit the "manufacturer code" right? Do I have to edit every single rom?
 
Oh really? But I heard from somewhere that offline games do have headers.. How about offline games with download play?

Err, what do you mean by "change the manufacturer"? Sorry, I'm a bit confused there. So you mean I can use a single private header from one game, as long as I edit the "manufacturer code" right? Do I have to edit every single rom?
Maybe they do, I'm not sure but it doesn't really matter.

You do not have to edit every single rom. Only ones that don't have the same manufacturer as your private header. For example

A C2 private header will work with C2 manufactured roms without any editing needed.


However, a C2 private header will NOT work with an AE manufactured rom. So you have to change the "AE" in the header to C2, in order to match your private header.
 
Offline games do have headers, and you can use a header from an offline game to play all of your online games.
 
2) No, for some of them, you will need to change the manufacturer for that specific rom in the Sky3DS template file. For example, the game manufacturer of my private header was C2 (manufacturer code in header) so when I tried to play Street Fighter 3D online it wouldn't work, since Street Fighter 3D was manufactured by "45" in the template. So I had to manually edit the header for Street Fighter and change the manufacturer code to C2. Then I could play online


is there a list for the online games and which manufacturer each uses?

would be nice if NoBanNoSky eventually corrected manufacturer ID automatically.
 
Maybe they do, I'm not sure but it doesn't really matter.

You do not have to edit every single rom. Only ones that don't have the same manufacturer as your private header. For example

A C2 private header will work with C2 manufactured roms without any editing needed.


However, a C2 private header will NOT work with an AE manufactured rom. So you have to change the "AE" in the header to C2, in order to match your private header.
How can you check the manufacturer of the rom?
How exactly do you edit the rom to make it compatible with the header?
 
Thanks. To inject a private header to a rom, you need put use "NoBanNoSky" to patch the sky3ds template right? It asks for a .bin file for your private header..
The "Empty Header" file I downloaded is a .bin file, but opens VLC... I tried to use notepad to open it, but there are a ton of y's.

I've always though that you have to manually inject in a private header for each rom you have. But if that's true, then how do you use a different header for another rom?

One more thing, what is "Sky Army Knife" for, if there is "NoBanNoSky"?
 
Last edited by Ichigo1000,

Site & Scene News