• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeleTubby666

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm just wondering which ssid you guys are using, since I setup NZ@McD1 on my router which seems to work( got multiple in mii plaza and pokemon) , but cant access my browser when I use it :(

Same problem here. Are there any SSID'S that allow Streetpass and access to the Internet at once?

Deleted member 358315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Same problem here. Are there any SSID'S that allow Streetpass and access to the Internet at once?

I am not certain but if you delay the rotation of MAC addresses? Currently it rotates every minute orso? When switching MAC address it needs to reboot the wireless services off the device which means it resets connections. If you would increase the rotation to like 10 minutes orso shouldn't it just work?

Chronus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am not certain but if you delay the rotation of MAC addresses? Currently it rotates every minute orso? When switching MAC address it needs to reboot the wireless services off the device which means it resets connections. If you would increase the rotation to like 10 minutes orso shouldn't it just work?
I tried delaying the rotation but it didnt work.

Have you guys updated the 3ds? Also what mac adresses are you getting streetpass notifications from? Maybe I could limit the number I use to try to get a better experience and see if it is working or not...

GhstWrtr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nba I tried the 2.0.2 version but when I fill in the info and press enter says "Parent adapter not found!"

What should I do? Thanks

Ok, I know my own software. I mean what is your configuration, your adapters?

Hi, same problem as Nuad here, executing nbahomepass.exe in elevated cmd returns "Parent adapter not found!"
I'm on Win 10 with a Realtek RTL8188SU WiFi Dongle/Ethernet, MSVC++ 2015 x86 is installed, I already tried different Realtek driver versions and turning off/on ethernet to no success.
Can you point me in the right direction?

\\ Nevermind, figured it out, I had to run "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow" in an elevated cmd.

Last edited by GhstWrtr,

suhaib10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have been using the nbahomepass it uses a diiferent ssid's
ps on the side note you are able to use the hotspot app on the jpn 3ds
Sorry only got US 3dses

Im currently trying to check with other ssids, found here http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/3ds_nzonehotspots.php?version=v18432 . It shows that Nz@MCD1 has is browser 0 so I guess meaning browser is disabled on that ssid. Will report back if I find anything good.

Also I have been reading in some places that you don't necessarily need to add that connection in your internet settings, as long as your close to it the 3ds will connect to it automatically (I'm guessing since its open). Im not sure about street passes but I did try it and even though I removed all WiFi networks from my 3ds I was able to connect to the internet on pokemon.

Last edited by suhaib10,

TeleTubby666

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, same problem as Nuad here, executing nbahomepass.exe in elevated cmd returns "Parent adapter not found!"
I'm on Win 10 with a Realtek RTL8188SU WiFi Dongle/Ethernet, MSVC++ 2015 x86 is installed, I already tried different Realtek driver versions and turning off/on ethernet to no success.
Can you point me in the right direction?

\\ Nevermind, figured it out, I had to run "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow" in an elevated cmd.
I tried the nets have wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow still got parent adapter not found

rudyzhou2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried out nbahome pass and while it works its not as stable as the linux/mac versions. I am currently using a mac version cycler and its doing wonders and constantly working.

I got a network usb dongle on my mac (use this to connect to my main internet) and then share the network via the internal macbook air wifi card with network set on att with the following maccycle script.

https://github.com/champgm/StreetPass

super easy to setup, and I am getting max hits almost every mac in the 256 list. Finally can get some villagers for bravely default!

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm using NBAHomePass on my windows 10 laptop and it's sorta working....I'm getting streetpasses for my O3DS but not my N3DS. Am I doing anything wrong? Also whats the best guide for setting up a streetpass relay on windows 10 anyway?

edit: got it working by manually setting the settings on my wireless network. I plan on using this on my actual PC does anyone have a good adapter that works with this AND windows 10?

Last edited by marksteele,

Genos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a recent guide for nba homepass? I don't feel like coming through 6000 posts in this thread to try and find whatever people are using. I tried out this glacial gaming guide, but it isn't working out for me.

https://www.glaciergaming.co.uk/articles/882/homepass-guide-for-windows-10

The guide doesn't specify to unlock my wifi connection or what I need under my 3ds internet settings or anything. I assume some of that may be a problem. I was able to get the program working without any errors in the cmd window, but my 3ds never got any streetpasses. It's the old model from launch day if that matters. I'm also using windows 10. My router is the 300M Wireless N Router Model No. TL-WR841N/TL-WR841ND. And I'm using a wifi IDE card built into my desktop to connect to my router. All ethernet cables from my router to PC are unplugged. I'm getting this as my local area connection status:

5n0Ifv9.png

Any ideas? Or a link to a different guide I could try? Thank you.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
delete all the connections on your 3DS, if it says you still have internet then you're connected. If you don't get streetpasses then assign a static IP to your actual wireless connection and the DNS should be your gateway

zantaff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried using NbaHomepass... I run the program and immediately receive "Parent adapter not found!" My Adapter can run a Hosted network, but I can't share my Wifi because the tab is not there. Any help would be great!
homepss.jpg

Genos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete all the connections on your 3DS, if it says you still have internet then you're connected. If you don't get streetpasses then assign a static IP to your actual wireless connection and the DNS should be your gateway
Hmm, I tried this out and it didn't seem to help. I deleted all of my 3DS internet connections and made a static IP on my main wifi connection. I reran nbahomepass and I still don't get an internet connection on my 3DS. Any other ideas?

Last edited by Genos,

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, I tried this out and it didn't seem to help. I deleted all of my 3DS internet connections and made a static IP on my main wifi connection. I reran nbahomepass and I still don't get an internet connection on my 3DS. Any other ideas?

Ahhh You need to share your actual wifi connection with the network that nbahomepass sets up.

Hi6mIg2.png

Also I'm using the nbahomepass from http://mrnbayoh.tumblr.com/downloads seems to be a newer version (2.0.2)

Have you tried updating to the latest drivers?

Last edited by marksteele,

Genos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, that worked great! I'm getting streetpasses now, thank you!

Is there any way to increase the number of streetpasses you get for a particular game? I really only set this up to get streetpasses in pokemon shuffle, but I haven't gotten any for that game yet.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, that worked great! I'm getting streetpasses now, thank you!

Is there any way to increase the number of streetpasses you get for a particular game? I really only set this up to get streetpasses in pokemon shuffle, but I haven't gotten any for that game yet.

change the 300 to something lower, that will cycle through mac addresses quicker. Aside from that it's really just down to how many people are using it.

Chronus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I set up my nbahomepass and get internet connection but no streetpasses yet... Am I doing something wrong?

Upadate: Setting up the static ip address and dns did the job for me, finally getting some street passes :D

RSA6974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. This is a problem I'm having.
I have a Linksys E1000 flashed with the latest version of DD-WRT for my router (v24-sp2) and I have gotten my router to configure the script on http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install before.

However, since I reset my router to DD-WRT factory settings due to some shitty reason (unable to access the router itself due to me changing the MAC address for WLAN), I tried using the procedures on http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-10#post-4739510 but every time I try to input this command through Telnet and the web GUI itself (wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP)

"tmp/nzone.sh does not exist" so it says.

Is there anything that I have done wrong because I HAVE gotten that to work many times last year but for some reason, I cannot get that to work.

PS: I'm literate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy