Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I use Base256 addresses too, but I've only met you once over a sea of regulars. When is the next time you can homepass? I have a set of private Mac addresses you can visit, I own all the current puzzle pieces if that helps. If you need any specific colored shirt for your games I can change to it too.
What method would you use for visiting personal/private MAC addresses? I'm not to knowledgeable on that, as I'm used to using NBA Homepass. I'd love to give it a try

Deleted member 358315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wondering. According to the google doc list. I can put security on my router. It just doesn't recognize it as a nintendo zone. But does that matter? All I want to do with it is streetpass. ( I am aswell on the latest 3ds firmware).

Doubt unplugging the WAN cable will work to keep streetpassing.

edit: I see a lot of people talking about NBA Homepass as well. Can anyone link me to it?

Last edited by Deleted member 358315,
Reactions: DrakeLyon

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I used to use MacCycler (which wasnt bad) but now I use NbaHomepass is quite efficient and user friendly. As long as you can input basic commands then there should be no issue using the application.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

ultimania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Does anyone see the following messages in the copy of the cmd.exe you made? I saw them in two of my newly updated Windows 10 computers (Edit: can't recall such messages in the past):
*Not enough storage is available to process this command (Edit: when I used Ctrl-C to stop the homepass script, this message showed)
*The system cannot find message text for message number 0x2350 in the message file (Edit: this message immediately appeared when I opened a copied version of cmd.exe)

(Not in the cmd.exe in C:\windows\system32 but only in the copies of them)
(Googling did not help me cause it's too technical)

Last edited by ultimania,

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Arggh mine has stopped working =/ I'm back to receiving no packets and sending a barely any.

Does anyone see the following messages in the copy of the cmd.exe you made? I saw them in two of my newly updated Windows 10 computers:
*Not enough storage is available to process this command
*The system cannot find message text for message number 0x2350 in the message file

(Not in the cmd.exe in C:\windows\system32 but only in the copies of them)
(Googling did not help me cause it's too technical)
Yes. It doesn't stop the program working though. I assume it's just something to do with cmd being copied and not in its normal place.

Last edited by NuttyS,

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That NbaHomePass method seems to work really great. Doesn't seem to like me using another WiFi dongle to stay connected to the internet tho, hahaha. Gonna try staying online via ethernet or simply homepassing over night (which sounds better).

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That NbaHomePass method seems to work really great. Doesn't seem to like me using another WiFi dongle to stay connected to the internet tho, hahaha. Gonna try staying online via ethernet or simply homepassing over night (which sounds better).
How are you able to use ethernet and use homepass? My PC refuses to function if two network adapters are being used so whenever I want to run homepass I turn off my ethernet and switch on to wireless. I would love to run ethernet if possible, my wireless connection keeps dropping.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why my Windows 10 system keeps failing to reconnect after the mac switch? Seems to only make it through one or two before it fails.

Just set the timeout to 60 seconds so I could watch it and what appears to be happening is that every now and then one of two things happens.

Either (a) the virtual adapter disappears as soon as its created. In this case the primary adapter reconnects and shows it is shared, but the virtual one is missing and nbahomepass sits there waiting for it to reconnect.

Or (b), the virtual adapter disappears after creation and the primary adapter reconnects but DOESN'T share its connection.

Last edited by Aroth,

tyrdchaos

Trophies
Website
www.chaoticconfused.com
XP
Country
United States
How are you able to use ethernet and use homepass? My PC refuses to function if two network adapters are being used so whenever I want to run homepass I turn off my ethernet and switch on to wireless. I would love to run ethernet if possible, my wireless connection keeps dropping.

This is why I don't use the methods that require a computer to do Homepass. However, there are multiple ways to use multiple NICs with Windows. Here is a KB article from Microsoft on how to accomplish this. It is for Windows Vista, but the same steps hold for Windows 7 (8 and 10 should work). To clear this up a little (or to give you a tl;dr version):

You need to set one of the interfaces (specifically the one you want to connect to the internet with) to have a default gateway.

The reason is Windows, by default, adds interfaces to its routing table based on which one is faster. If for whatever reason one is faster than the other, Windows will use that interface for internet (or at least attempt to). There are some other things involved (which are explained in the article), but the easiest solution is to tell Windows which interface has a gateway to the internet so it doesn't have to search for it. This should work.

Alternatively (and my preferred method), I would use a cheaper router with dd-wrt on it, like this TP-LINK TL-WR740N. This ensures you do not have to mess with your computer. If something went wrong or you broke something (which is unlikely, but it can happen) then being out $20 for a cheap router is better than $500 or so for a new computer (depending on how much you spent on your computer).

wwwsam

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I had some issues with getting the DD-WRT version of the script to work. So, I put together my own. And by put together I hacked it together like a two-year old attempting to cut a steak with a butter knife. Either way, it SEEMS to work. I will attach the files to this post.

I was using a a TP-Link TL-WR710N router, which is Atheros based. There are instructions in the README.TXT file that should be read carefully. I also made a wiki here. It is still in the testing stages. So far, I have gotten it to work on my router. I have not tested it on other routers at this time. If anyone would like to, feel free to download it using the instructions in the wiki. Or, just follow duke_srg's guide up this point:

Instead of the command they posted, use this one:

Code:
wget -O /tmp/hpms_install http://homepass.chaoticconfused.com/hpms_install/hpms_install_atheros.sh; chmod +x /tmp/hpms_install; /tmp/hpms_install

So far, it works. I have been getting street passes and what not. When it switches, I get more. This is not a replacement for the unified script. This will only work with DD-WRT routers (as much as it has been tested). Make sure you follow the directions, as they are specific to hardware (Atheros vs Broadcom).

You can also download the zip file from git here if you have an issue trusting the site that is coming from (I promise you it is as safe as it can be).

Thank you so much!
Works perfectly on my TP-Link TL-WR703N flashed with ddwrt!
Love how simple it is, and how it can be made to work locally (unlike duke_srg's script which is half hidden in his website).

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tbh, I didn't even try. I just had it running last night, although it seemed to stop at some point (using 120 30 probably was too short, hah)

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i went to the site that was linked to it and did what it said to do but still cant seem to even get it to work or even setup

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i went to the site that was linked to it and did what it said to do but still cant seem to even get it to work or even setup
Wow really, you went to a website and everything?

All the instructions are right there on that same site you went to. I'm trying to help and see how your stuck, the least you can do is be more specific.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow really, you went to a website and everything?

All the instructions are right there on that same site you went to. I'm trying to help and see how your stuck, the least you can do is be more specific.
it says it cant found system cant find the file location i have enter it correctly C:\user\nkoboi66\desktop\nbahomepass.exe base256 true 300 30 not sure how much more i can say

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, what I would recommend is putting the NBAhomepass folder on the root of the C: drive. It will work wherever you place it but this is just so its less for CMD to process filepath wise. Afterwards make sure you have the executable in the same folder as CMD along with the BASE16 and BASE256 text files.

From here all you need to do is open CMD from the same folder and type out the following commands. Its that simple.

<FILE> <SHUFFLED> <TIMESTEP> <DELAY>
      • FILE : name of the file containing all the MAC addresses (in the same folder as NbaHomePass)
      • SUFFLED : true/false if you want to shuffle the MAC addresses
      • TIMESTEP : time between two addresses changes, in seconds
      • DELAY : reconnection delay, in seconds

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, what I would recommend is putting the NBAhomepass folder on the root of the C: drive. It will work wherever you place it but this is just so its less for CMD to process filepath wise. Afterwards make sure you have the executable in the same folder as CMD along with the BASE16 and BASE256 text files.

From here all you need to do is open CMD from the same folder and type out the following commands. Its that simple.

<FILE> <SHUFFLED> <TIMESTEP> <DELAY>
      • FILE : name of the file containing all the MAC addresses (in the same folder as NbaHomePass)
      • SUFFLED : true/false if you want to shuffle the MAC addresses
      • TIMESTEP : time between two addresses changes, in seconds
      • DELAY : reconnection delay, in seconds
now it saying msvcp100.dll is missing from my laptop and i dont know why it is never had this trouble before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y