Votes: 426 36.4%
  • A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

so when are you going to write down your tutorial with android phones?
Maybe today. (you will need a way to get internet access with a bluetooth connection)
Is this how it's supposed to look? I've set it up according to how others have it set up. When I close my 3DS I stop receiving packets for some reason. Also, I haven't received a single Streetpass :/
Untitled_zpsobremtil.png

What am I doing wrong? My MAC address is changing, obviously
It seems good, verify the mac with the "getmac" command in the cmd. The 3DS is not always connected when it is sleeping so it is normal that it stops receiving packets.
So does the DD-WRT auto-cycling script method not work anymore?
It should still work with an unsecured network.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this how it's supposed to look? I've set it up according to how others have it set up. When I close my 3DS I stop receiving packets for some reason. Also, I haven't received a single Streetpass :/
Untitled_zpsobremtil.png

What am I doing wrong? My MAC address is changing, obviously
I may be wrong, but I thought your SSID has to be either attwifi or NZ@McD1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It should still work with an unsecured network.
It says "connecting to (the url) and never gets past that point. I'm running DD-WRT Mini Build 21061 on a Linksys WRT160N v3. I can manually spoof the mac, but that's so tedious if I want to keep changing it... Also, I was putting the script into the command page instead of using telnet

D

Deleted User

I may be wrong, but I thought your SSID has to be either attwifi or NZ@McD1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It says "connecting to (the url) and never gets past that point. I'm running DD-WRT Mini Build 21061 on a Linksys WRT160N v3. I can manually spoof the mac, but that's so tedious if I want to keep changing it... Also, I was putting the script into the command page instead of using telnet
Not anymore on windows, we have to use secured nintendo zone.
I never used the DD-WRT method, but if you can set up an unsecured network and find a way to cycle mac addresses, you should succeed to receive streetpasses.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not anymore on windows, we have to use secured nintendo zone.
I never used the DD-WRT method, but if you can set up an unsecured network and find a way to cycle mac addresses, you should succeed to receive streetpasses.
Alright. Hopefully someone else will come along then and be able to tell me if the DD-WRT method still definitely works (or not). Thank you anyway.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems good, verify the mac with the "getmac" command in the cmd. The 3DS is not always connected when it is sleeping so it is normal that it stops receiving packets.
I checked with the "getmac" command, and my MAC matches the one portrayed by NBAHomepass 1.0. I'm not sure why I'm not receiving Streetpasses. Maybe I'm missing a step?
I removed all saved connections, and my 3DS shows that it's connected to the internet when it's open.

D

Deleted User

I checked with the "getmac" command, and my MAC matches the one portrayed by NBAHomepass 1.0. I'm not sure why I'm not receiving Streetpasses. Maybe I'm missing a step?
I removed all saved connections, and my 3DS shows that it's connected to the internet when it's open.
Does your console show you a message about the nintendo zone ?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your console show you a message about the nintendo zone ?
No it doesn't. I've actually never seen a message pop up on my 3DS when I'm in a Nintendo Zone. I live right next to 3 McDonald's and a Best Buy and it never gave me a message like that. I do usually get a blue notification at times though telling me of a demo or game I can find on the eShop. I got a blue notification like that once doing this Homepass method, but never any Streetpasses.

D

Deleted User

No it doesn't. I've actually never seen a message pop up on my 3DS when I'm in a Nintendo Zone. I live right next to 3 McDonald's and a Best Buy and it never gave me a message like that. I do usually get a blue notification at times though telling me of a demo or game I can find on the eShop. I got a blue notification like that once doing this Homepass method, but never any Streetpasses.
That is weird, every time my 3DS connects to the hotspot I can see a message saying that I am connected to a nintendo zone.

ninovalenti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dont know if it helps but how about a factory reset on your console?

ultimania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thanks Nba_Yoh for writing Nbahomepass.exe, been receiving a lot of Streetpasses in the previous weeks. But in these few days, I just got very few Streetpasses, like 1-2 per hour. And suddenly it has been completely not working for me today, zero Streetpasses even the Nintendo Zone icon has been glowing before sleep mode. I'm using Nbahomepass 1.0.2 with a Japanese 3DS, wireless router, laptop and USB wireless adapter. (game: Pokemon Shuffle Japanese).

Someone suggested in Glacier that "some times it does stop working. From what I understand the cache of the owners website who made the app gets too full and needs to be flushed. It tends to start working again after a few days." Is it true? Anything you could do about the cache thing or is it not the case?

If it's not the server causing problems, what can I do or just wait for few days? I've been trying to change the IP in the router setting, change another wireless adapter and try to wait more than 8 hours before another attempt, but still. Sorry I know I talk like I'm completely a noob about 3DS networking and Homepassing. I tried to read about it but is still struggling to understand how Homepassing actually works but just that I've been successful to get Streetpasses until this week.

Last edited by ultimania,
D

Deleted User

Thanks Nba_Yoh for writing Nbahomepass.exe, been receiving a lot of Streetpasses in the previous weeks. But in these few days, I just got very few Streetpasses, like 1-2 per hour. And suddenly it has been completely not working for me today, zero Streetpasses even the Nintendo Zone icon has been glowing before sleep mode. I'm using Nbahomepass 1.0.2 with a Japanese 3DS, wireless router, laptop and USB wireless adapter. (game: Pokemon Shuffle Japanese).

Someone suggested in Glacier that "some times it does stop working. From what I understand the cache of the owners website who made the app gets too full and needs to be flushed. It tends to start working again after a few days." Is it true? Anything you could do about the cache thing or is it not the case?

If it's not the server causing problems, what can I do or just wait for few days? I've been trying to change the IP in the router setting, change another wireless adapter and try to wait more than 8 hours before another attempt, but still. Sorry I know I talk like I'm completely a noob about 3DS networking and Homepassing. I tried to read about it but is still struggling to understand how Homepassing actually works but just that I've been successful to get Streetpasses until this week.

Really weird, I do not have any problem like that. Try to verify the mac address and access the internet on your 3DS (in a game because the browser does not work with the nzone).

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can connect to the eShop with my 3DS, I just read on the Glacier Gaming website that once my 3DS has internet I should try connecting to a service. Exactly how long do you have to wait before you start receiving Streetpasses? I'm using this method "NbaHomePass.exe BASE256.txt true 600 30" and I haven't gotten anything. Is this Homepass thing restricted to a certain firmware on the 3DS or something? I have the latest update 10.2.0-28U and Nintendo Zone was discontinued on an earlier update, but I still receive Streetpasses in Nintendo Zones (McDonald's, Best Buy, etc.)

D

Deleted User

I can connect to the eShop with my 3DS, I just read on the Glacier Gaming website that once my 3DS has internet I should try connecting to a service. Exactly how long do you have to wait before you start receiving Streetpasses? I'm using this method "NbaHomePass.exe BASE256.txt true 600 30" and I haven't gotten anything. Is this Homepass thing restricted to a certain firmware on the 3DS or something? I have the latest update 10.2.0-28U and Nintendo Zone was discontinued on an earlier update, but I still receive Streetpasses in Nintendo Zones (McDonald's, Best Buy, etc.)

Did you delete the configuration of your home wifi connection in your 3DS internet settings ?

D

Deleted User

Yes I did. I just got a blue notification though from my previous MAC though
12180754_825117540938786_228612710_o_zps3wqxmqka.jpg

But no Streetpasses :'( the notification was for a new Puzzle Swap panel.

Do you have a firewall other than the one of windows?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else with the latest firmware 10.2 able to get Streetpasses?

I do not have a console with firmware 10.2 so I cannot test now. The problem is that there is no problem, it should work.
Damn, I feel so lost lol. Guess I'll just have to keep trying and hope it eventually works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY