Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 372070

Trophies
XP
Country
it does work, it just refuses to reconnect on its own, thats why i made a script to connect my wifi everytime it gets shutoff, then it works fine :)

It reconnected just fine for me. My Nintendo 3DS also connected fine to the Homepass device, I could browse the Internet and such, but no Streetpass hits were obtained. On Windows 7 on the same device, Streetpass hits are obtained.

Enith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone with frustration, NbaHomePass seems to not work on Windows 10. I have only managed to get it working on Windows 7 so far.
That's odd, I use Windows 10 and my Homepass works fine. I had a little trouble for awhile but ever since the 3DS update it works great.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
To those that are trying to use old methods, like homepass script, or Macicle and all that stuff with "attwifi" or "NZ@McD1" connections with password: THAT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. Stop looking only on the first post and read a little in the last pages. The only method working in the last FW, and it's working great, it's NBA_YOH's NbaHomePass. You can see it a few posts above this one (#6246).

For mods or admins: Since the methods on the first page are old now, it's better to edit the message, hide all the content as spoiler for example, and put NbaHomePass there as an update to the message, making clear that it's the only method working now, with the exception of Linux and Raspberry's methods.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Actually you'll find the that the Windows guide that I helped DarkKnigh_t with for Windows 7 / 8.1 and 10 still does work, but requires an additional item.

You just need to use a dongle that has its own software for creating the access point and not Windows. This of course will create a hotspot that has no security, but you can compensate for that by using Mac filtering. (Or you can even just change the dongle back from access point mode to station mode and back again when you require it.)

I currently use a ASUS USB-N13. A simple dongle which only set me back £10 from Amazon.co.uk. Set the Access Point up and no problems what-so-ever.
I purchased this May this year and haven't had a problem since. Even Multiple 3DS's / 2DS's and New3DS's...all flashing Green.

The only difference is I would use the NZ@McD1 SSID, the old guide obviously recommends "attwifi".
I have not yet been able to test this out with two wireless connections yet, so by all means if someone does please let everyone know :)

Granted this is also if you are able / want to buy a new WiFi dongle that has its own Access Point software.
If anyone is deciding on going down this route with Windows and needs help just let me know.

Reactions: JRave

Enith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you share how you got it to work? What version you are using and such?
I'm using version 1.0.2 of NbaHomePass.exe. I also made a bat file to run it with "NbaHomepass.exe BASE252.txt true 300 60". I changed the end to 60 because 30 didn't seem to be enough reconnection time for my adapter, but when I changed it to 60 it worked fine.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
make phone tethering access point set name to attwifi then close the 3ds.

I got street pass relay. just a time each day.

this is a bug or what?

Dycedarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, after a few minutes of fiddling, I finally managed to get NBAHomepass to work on my Win7. I was fast losing hope that I couldn't get Homepass to work because of my Atheros adapter (and I didn't want to buy a dongle). Thanks a bunch! :D

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those that are trying to use old methods, like homepass script, or Macicle and all that stuff with "attwifi" or "NZ@McD1" connections with password: THAT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. Stop looking only on the first post and read a little in the last pages. The only method working in the last FW, and it's working great, it's NBA_YOH's NbaHomePass. You can see it a few posts above this one (#6246).

For mods or admins: Since the methods on the first page are old now, it's better to edit the message, hide all the content as spoiler for example, and put NbaHomePass there as an update to the message, making clear that it's the only method working now, with the exception of Linux and Raspberry's methods.

I decided to test my setup (which I posted previously...) and it still works with a mac switcher and NZ@McD1. I even tested some of the less used MACs and the driver shifted MACs and most are still working. Still does not change the fact that with the right setup, it still works. (I can even use attwifi if I want, but at this point time I get maybe 2 passes every 10 or so MACs since most users switched away from it over a year ago.)

As @LD560 mentioned, it requires a usb wifi adapter with software that allows you to setup a soft-ap. The only chipset that I am aware of that still has its own software is Realtek. It is also Windows 7 only last I was aware. Windows 10 is still too new with its own issues, and I do not have a Windows 8 system to check it myself.

Reactions: Arkansaw

RandomHabit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having problems on a Windows 10 Laptop. I have the network setup as instructed by the guide (The first one on the page) and the 3DS connects to the internet just fine. But when I start to use the Mac Cycler program nothing seems to happen on my 3DS? it's been in sleep mode for awhile but nada. This is what everything looks like when running.

mac cycler.PNG
wifi connections.PNG

Note when it cycles macs it disables the Network "Wi-Fi" and attwifi disappears until I go into the command prompt and start it again. I feel like I"m missing something here because everything else goes smoothly until I get to this point.

D

Deleted User

I seem to be having problems on a Windows 10 Laptop. I have the network setup as instructed by the guide (The first one on the page) and the 3DS connects to the internet just fine. But when I start to use the Mac Cycler program nothing seems to happen on my 3DS? it's been in sleep mode for awhile but nada. This is what everything looks like when running.

View attachment 25763 View attachment 25764
Note when it cycles macs it disables the Network "Wi-Fi" and attwifi disappears until I go into the command prompt and start it again. I feel like I"m missing something here because everything else goes smoothly until I get to this point.

The method that uses the Microsoft Virtual Adapter does not work anymore with attwifi. If you want to make it work try nzone or NbaHomePass.

haoalisterw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I bought a TP-Link TL-WN725N and use it with my Dell XPS 13 (Windows 10) to set up a hosted network (SSID: NZ@McD1 with password, using cmd). I changed the MAC address of the USB Wi-Fi adapter to the prime address which ends with 46. The consoles can be connected to the hosted network and can access the internet. What's more, the Nintendo Zone logo will glow for a while. However, after waiting for an hour, I still get no streetpass. My system is the latest. So are there anyone who use the same method as me but can successfully get streetpass? Does NZ@McD1 with password still work?

D

Deleted User

I bought a TP-Link TL-WN725N and use it with my Dell XPS 13 (Windows 10) to set up a hosted network (SSID: NZ@McD1 with password, using cmd). I changed the MAC address of the USB Wi-Fi adapter to the prime address which ends with 46. The consoles can be connected to the hosted network and can access the internet. What's more, the Nintendo Zone logo will glow for a while. However, after waiting for an hour, I still get no streetpass. My system is the latest. So are there anyone who use the same method as me but can successfully get streetpass? Does NZ@McD1 with password still work?

NZ@McD1 does not work anymore with password. Try nzone or NbaHomePass.

D

Deleted User

Do you share the connection of your main adapter with the virtual one ?

thex27

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since the first guide came out, it seems that the steps have changed/been added, or been ever so slightly tweaked. Can someone make a new guide for Win7 NBAHomePass, without leaving any steps out? I feel that some steps were not made explicit and just assumed to be followed. I would need a real "for dummies" version if possible. I don't know these things well at all, bought a TL-W725N, and still can't figure out how to make it work. For example, Nba_Yoh refers to sharing connections and such, and I don't know what that means... However that was not listed in the original step-by-step guide, much like firewall exceptions, etc. I have been trying for 3 weeks.

Perhaps there is one such guide that lists every minute detail somewhere, I just haven't found it. Tried glaciergaming, videos, and this forum with no success.

Last edited by thex27,

haoalisterw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yep. I just checked the MAC address of both of my network adapters. It looks like that the MAC address of the one which does not support hosted network and which is the main adapter was changed.

haoalisterw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I finally get NbaHomePass.exe working! I should disable the primary network adapter(the one that is responsible for connecting the internet) first and then open NbaHomePass. After that, I enable the primary adapter and share its internet access.

Here is a little background:
I have an XPS 13 2015 with Windowos 10 Home 64bit. The network adapter that comes with my laptop does not support hosted network. Therefore, I bought TP-LINK WN725N, the USB Wi-Fi Adapter so that I can open hosted network for my 3DS. I also want to realize Homepass using this tool.

I tried to use TMAC to change the MAC address of the USB adapter and then opened the hosted network whose name is NZ@McD1. It did not work.
And after I change my MAC address, I cannot start hosted network using command prompt. I have to restart my laptop so that I can start hosted network.

I tried macycle. It can successfully change the MAC address of the USB adapter but it just cannot start hosted network.

Then I tried NbaHomePass with two adapters enabled at the very beginning. The app recognized the adapter of the laptop as the parental adapter and changed the MAC address of the laptop adapter. It does not work because the USB adapter is responsible for the hosted network.

Finally, I tried my method stated above and it worked. I also tried if only one adapter (USB adapter) will work. It turned out that I cannot get my laptop connected to internet after I use USB adapter to open hosted network. It kept identifying and then disconnected. I have to enable my main adapter to share the internet access.

However, I still have some problems.

After it changes the MAC address, the hosted network cannot start automatically or manually. I have to redo the procedures stated above again. Can you help me solve this?
And also, could you tell me if only one adapter will work or not? And how that works?

And to those who are searching for tutorials, you can find it on Youtube:

The files (NbaHomePass.exe, BASE256.txt) are all in this thread. Just search for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo