Votes: 426 36.4%
  • A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Ok guys, you are going to beat me. There was a little bug, the kind of inconspicuous bug. It should work now, download again the program !

Igettäjä

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok guys, you are going to beat me. There was a little bug, the kind of inconspicuous bug. It should work now, download again the program !

:blink: Gonna try it now...! EDIT: Ugh, ran out of time, gotta go to school now. The MAC address changed two times, no StreetPasses so far.

Ritster21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. NbaHomePass.exe is not working anymore. It worked for an hour or so, but I stopped getting streetpasses. Everything seems to be connected. My 3DS gets Internet Signal and it can connect to the Nzone app. I am also sending and receiving packets. It all works. Just no streetpasses.

pattosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's working great for me. Hurray for Yoh (...and all the complaining people :P)

Rilster21, as long as you can connect to the internet with your console and if the MAC addresses are actually cycling, you should be able to receive Streetpasses. You may not get a batch of 6 people on the Mii Plaza each time, though.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
dicamarques

in the op there's missing 1 guide "Raspberry Pi 2 - PiPass"
It's not mentioned on the github page, but it's for Pi2 only for the moment

PiPass - Nintendo 3DS Homepass for the Raspberry Pi

PiPass turns your Raspberry Pi into a Nintendo 3DS Homepass Relay Station. The PiPass Dashboard can be accessed through a computer or mobile device. It can manage features without the need of opening up any files manually. However, some fine-tuning may require getting your hands 'dirty'. Though the process is relatively fast and easy.
This does not showcase a complete list of features, but it gives a sense in what PiPass looks like:PiPass Video Overview. The video shown is based on PiPass 1.4, however the general work-flow is relatively the same as in PiPass 1.5 with some minor differences.
What's New in Version 1.5

PiPass 1.5 focuses on overall polish and being informative about what is exactly going on "behind the scenes". The biggest feature addition is the logging system that provides extra information regarding status and it also aids in troubleshooting. The changelog for this version of PiPass is as follows:
  • PiPass now features a logging system that is accessible through the dashboard.
  • piPass.py works with the logging system to diagnose issues. e.g., hostapd WiFi drivers.
  • PiPass can now reset the network through the dashboard.
  • PiPass PHP form validation messages now conforms to responsive design and the user interface.
  • The PiPass version can now be viewed through the dashboard.
  • Changelogs are accessible through 'About PiPass' in the dashboard.
  • The dashboard only refreshes the 'Spoofing Status' and the 'Show Current' table, instead of the entire page.
  • Scrollable modals.
  • Minor rewording.
  • Minor tweaks.

Reactions: dicamarques
D

Deleted User

Ok. NbaHomePass.exe is not working anymore. It worked for an hour or so, but I stopped getting streetpasses. Everything seems to be connected. My 3DS gets Internet Signal and it can connect to the Nzone app. I am also sending and receiving packets. It all works. Just no streetpasses.

You can get streetpasses with a MAC address each 8 hours, so if you chose BASE16 you cannot get streetpasses after the 16th address (because the cycle from the 1st to the 16th does not last 8 hours). You have to wait 8 hours after launching the program to get streetpasses with the 1st MAC once again.

The Mystical One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the cycle time for nbahomepass with base256?

I would also suggest: Randomize order of macs. That'll help avoid following everyone and just tagging the same people all the time.

pattosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, I experimented the same issue as Ritster21 and it was my first run of the scrip, using BASE256. I still had access to the internet, but it could have been because my smartphone hotspot was still active. Anyway, at some point, I switched off my phone's hotspot. Then, my 3DS' could not access to the internet anymore. So, I simply killed the process (MAC address was ended with "3d"). When I started it again, I my 3DS had the lightblue "Internet" box back again. Of course I didn't receive any streetpass

I switched to BASE16 because the MAC address range starts later, internet and streetpasses were back.

My conclusion is that either some MAC addresses are not considered as valid addresses for hotspots, or there are some keyphrases used by the script are not valid for some MAC addresses. Last solution could be the script gets tired after working for some time, so it decides to setup the hostednetwork wrongly. But I doubt it.

D

Deleted User

Actually, I experimented the same issue as Ritster21 and it was my first run of the scrip, using BASE256. I still had access to the internet, but it could have been because my smartphone hotspot was still active. Anyway, at some point, I switched off my phone's hotspot. Then, my 3DS' could not access to the internet anymore. So, I simply killed the process (MAC address was ended with "3d"). When I started it again, I my 3DS had the lightblue "Internet" box back again. Of course I didn't receive any streetpass

I switched to BASE16 because the MAC address range starts later, internet and streetpasses were back.

My conclusion is that either some MAC addresses are not considered as valid addresses for hotspots, or there are some keyphrases used by the script are not valid for some MAC addresses. Last solution could be the script gets tired after working for some time, so it decides to setup the hostednetwork wrongly. But I doubt it.

That is a problem I cannot solve ^^.

pattosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That is a problem I cannot solve ^^.
It could actually be because the keyphrases are different depending on the MAC address a you are missing a few ones. Anyway, in most cases I'm pretty sure I won't let the script run for such a long time in an 8-hour span. So it doesn't really matter in the end.

But the random MAC address suggested should be considered. I think something like Duke's way of doing is not bad. But if I had to do it, I'd rather generate a shuffled list of address rather than a sorted one.
When you loop on the MAC address you'll just check the first or last row of the file. Once the MAC address is used, remove it from the file. When there are no more address, generate a new one, then rinse and repeat. That way if I interrupt the process I now where it will start from where the file was left last time. I can also set my own list of address to go through (i.e. remove the addresses for which the connection is not established).

Of course, if it is too complicated, don't bother.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My laptop's hard drive recently failed, so I lost the Ubuntu set up I had before for HomePass.
I've managed to succeed in booting Ubuntu 15.04 from a USB stick though, but when I try to to install hostapd or dnsmasq, it errors that the packages are not longer available.
I really don't know that much about Linux though, is there something obvious I mean missing when I try these commands?
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install hostapd
sudo apt-get install dnsmasq
Would it be because of the version of Ubuntu I loaded onto the USB stick, do I need to load an earlier version? I believe before I was running Ubuntu 8.04

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
dicamarques

in the op there's missing 1 guide "Raspberry Pi 2 - PiPass"
It's not mentioned on the github page, but it's for Pi2 only for the moment
Alrighty I'll add it later today

My laptop's hard drive recently failed, so I lost the Ubuntu set up I had before for HomePass.
I've managed to succeed in booting Ubuntu 15.04 from a USB stick though, but when I try to to install hostapd or dnsmasq, it errors that the packages are not longer available.
I really don't know that much about Linux though, is there something obvious I mean missing when I try these commands?
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install hostapd
sudo apt-get install dnsmasq
Would it be because of the version of Ubuntu I loaded onto the USB stick, do I need to load an earlier version? I believe before I was running Ubuntu 8.04
I had the same issue as you, i never installed it to my hdd, what you need to do is go to the control panel and enable all community sources

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had the same issue as you, i never installed it to my hdd, what you need to do is go to the control panel and enable all community sources

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that when I get this Ubuntu 12.04 stick running.

Edit: An hour later I finally have my HomePass set back up, thanks for that community sources tip!

Thankfully I had this old guide I wrote up myself and that worked for setting things back up.
The only downside is I had a big home_zone file I set up before with 100+ MAC addresses ready, so I need to get that again.

Attachments

• Streetpass Relay Linux Guide.jpg
    Streetpass Relay Linux Guide.jpg
    861.2 KB · Views: 336

Igettäjä

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
:blink: Gonna try it now...! EDIT: Ugh, ran out of time, gotta go to school now. The MAC address changed two times, no StreetPasses so far.

Okay. Downloaded the NbaHomePass.exe again and tried to run it for an hour or so. Still no StreetPasses. I believe my setup is correct, though:

shotti.png

The MAC address is changing and the Virtual Network is enabled and named "ConsoleNintendo3DS". Again, my 3DS shows that there is a Nintendo Zone available. However, I've received zero StreetPasses within an hour when the console is in sleep mode. When I start the blinking Nintendo Zone app, I get an error code:

DgPzQxG.png

What am I missing here? Am I doing everything right? Where might the problem lie?

pattosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could be that your 3DS doesn't have access to the internet at all. You can check this directly on the home menu. In the upper left corner of the upper screen, there is a box for the connexion. If it is light blue and says "Internet" you're good. If it is not, you may want to see if your Wireless Network Connection is shared with Wireless Network Connection 2. Right-click on the first to open the Properties, then go to the Share tab.

Reactions: Igettäjä
D

Deleted User

Okay. Downloaded the NbaHomePass.exe again and tried to run it for an hour or so. Still no StreetPasses. I believe my setup is correct, though:

shotti.png

The MAC address is changing and the Virtual Network is enabled and named "ConsoleNintendo3DS". Again, my 3DS shows that there is a Nintendo Zone available. However, I've received zero StreetPasses within an hour when the console is in sleep mode. When I start the blinking Nintendo Zone app, I get an error code:

DgPzQxG.png

What am I missing here? Am I doing everything right? Where might the problem lie?

You have to share the connection of the parent adapter with the virtual adapter.

Reactions: Igettäjä

The Mystical One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could we also have a slower cycle time for base16? ie: every 30 minutes to change mac? that way we don't ever cycle into mac addresses twice during an 8-hour period. alternately, an option to do this.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Yes im using BASE256, why are you asking :)
do you know some tweaks or tips?

In Detail im Using this on an TP-Link 3020 Travel Router Mini - Its extremely Portable and tiny and gives more Bang for Buck than Spillpass Pi, in my opinion...Sure an Rasperry is a very cool device but for Streetpass i prefer DDWRT.

More Details: My Personal Notes to Setup DDWRT and Streetpass
Nintendo StreetPass -DD-WRT-
Set Wifi-Name to :
NZ@McD1
Setup as : AP
Disable Wifi Security
Setup Mac-Filter (Add your 3DS MAC and the MAC of connecting Devices -example: PC to configure Router-)
Delete all existing Autostart & Cronjob Commands
->restart Router
-> Open CMD or an Terminal and do this via Telnet and wait
(Add/Copy this 3 Telnet Commands - One after another, to avoid syntax errors)
1: wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install
2: chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh
3: /tmp/nzone.sh BASE256,GBATEMP
And Wait...
after several Minutes, the 3DS shows Streetpass Activity.
THIS EVEN SURVIVES RESTART OF THE ROUTER OR AN POWER OFF

Finally a script that worked! I don't care of using Telnet, after months struggling with lots of non working scripts, this method worked flawlessly. Thank you so much! I'm using a New 3DS XL with fw 9.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1