Not open for further replies.

kaiomar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys,
I did the tutorial on glaciergaming for the homepass and everything is working fine but macs don't cycle so I've created the txt file which I named ncycle.cmd :
:top
nzone.exe reload
nzone.exe BASE256 start
timeout /T 120
goto top
but sometimes it's not working. It's automatic but sometimes my wifi connexion (Console nintendo 3ds) just has a red "X" and I have to relaunch it manually (ncycle.cmd start in CMD). Is there any way to fix this ? I'm using Ethernet for my internet and I already tried to disable Ethernet.. (Antivirus disabled too).
Another question : Is there a way to check which MAC Adress has been used ?

VIIth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey there. I've got a problem.
I used to be able to run the nzone.exe without any problems using Windows 8.1, Execute as admin and all of that. I tried it today and it says that there aren't any hosted network compatible interfaces. I tried running the maccheck.cmd, it starts with the 0s and then it shows [Operand Missing], non valid number, etc...

Any ideas? I know my wireless is there, it's working and that it has worked before. I've already tried to deactivate and reactivate the interface and re installing the original drivers.

dnewb050

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your 3DS is above 9.2, you can't use security. As for automatic MAC cycling, try DD-WRT! ;)

I was hoping this wasn't the case. Couldn't find any mention of it in my search. Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, you can't enable WPA security if you want to get streetpasses. However, to enable a form of "security", you should be able to set up a MAC access control list on your repeater and set it to allow only your 3DS's MAC to connect.

Unfortunately, The Sanoxy repeater doesn't allow MAC filtering, and MAC filtering on my router doesn't filter devices connected to the repeater. Maybe I should look into another repeater of a DD-WRT capable router.

Oh.. that means I can't use a virtual network from windows anymore, right? There you must enter a password.. :unsure:

Bummer, this was the next thing i was going to try.

So does that mean I'm SOL in getting security (preferably WPA/WPA2) up an running? Anyone got any suggestions? I was thinking of using the scheduler to turn in on and off for only short bursts to get a couple quick streetpasses a day or when I'd actually be playing. I've also got it set up to not brodcast the SSID which seemed to work earlier but now I'm not so sure.

What is currently the optimal way of running a homepass setup? Something that allows decent security and MAC cycling. How do they do this at Bestbuy anyways?

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Oh.. that means I can't use a virtual network from windows anymore, right? There you must enter a password.. :unsure:

Well, technically no. duke's nzone.exe uses hostednetwork to create a WiFi AP and does so in a way that tricks the 3DS in to thinking its an authentic Zone, so check it out.
Another question : Is there a way to check which MAC Adress has been used ?
Launch a command prompt (Windows Key + R > cmd), and run `ipconfig /all`, which will give you a detailed overview of all your network connections, including your MAC address.
Hey there. I've got a problem.
I tried running the maccheck.cmd, it starts with the 0s and then it shows [Operand Missing], non valid number, etc...

Any ideas? I know my wireless is there, it's working and that it has worked before. I've already tried to deactivate and reactivate the interface and re installing the original drivers.
It does sound like a driver issue to me (although I'm a *nix user, not a regular Windows user). Have you tried removing (not just disabling) the interfaces, uninstalling and removing the driver, rebooting, and then getting an up-to-date driver from your motherboard manufacturer's website (for on-board WiFi) or from the card manufacturer (for PCI(e) WiFi cards)?

To All Windows Users: If you know that your WiFi chipset is Realtek, then you can go to the Realtek website and download the most up-to-date driver direct from them (direct link to the Wireless NIC selection). For Ralink/MediaTek (Syphos, there's your reason for the AP tool being the same, MediaTek bought out Ralink in 2011) you can check for up-to-date drivers here. Unfortunately, if you have a Qualcomm Atheros chipset on your WiFi NIC, you're out of luck. You will get a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) if you attempt to change the MAC address of your chip. :( Any other manufacturers, I'm afraid you guys are on your own. But if you find out info, post it here or PM me and I'll update this post with the links. :)
Unfortunately, The Sanoxy repeater doesn't allow MAC filtering, and MAC filtering on my router doesn't filter devices connected to the repeater. Maybe I should look into another repeater of a DD-WRT capable router.
It's odd that the repeater doesn't offer that, have you looked for up-to-date firmware for it? Might be available in a later build. MAC filtering will only work for the device it is configured on as it stops devices outside of the access list connecting to that specific device. It can't provide filtering for another device, so yeah, you might have to look in to DD-WRT. If it's just a repeater you want, then I know you can get an el cheapo one that will be flashable, but I don't know any specific model.
So does that mean I'm SOL in getting security (preferably WPA/WPA2) up an running? Anyone got any suggestions? I was thinking of using the scheduler to turn in on and off for only short bursts to get a couple quick streetpasses a day or when I'd actually be playing. I've also got it set up to not brodcast the SSID which seemed to work earlier but now I'm not so sure.
You could schedule it to only activate at night, when there's less chance of people piggybacking the connection? AFAIK, you need to be broadcasting the SSID for StreetPass to work.
What is currently the optimal way of running a homepass setup? Something that allows decent security and MAC cycling. How do they do this at Bestbuy anyways?
I think the majority of people who are concerned about security use DD-WRT with MAC filtering. It's currently the only way to do it securely with the latest 3DS firmware. BestBuy have a deal with Nintendo to offer their connections as StreetPass Relays. Nintendo codes in the SSID "BBYDemo" and the WPA passkey for the 3DS to use. It's the same for pretty much all secured StreetPass relays (such as GAME UK's "NintendoSpotPass5" relay). You can check out the latest list here; if "SecurityMode" is set to "0" it's an open network, if it's "7" it uses WPA-PSK security. I don't think the Homebrew team have managed to pull the passkeys from the devices, unfortunately. :(

Whew! Long post! Back into the woodwork I go to get back to m'job!

hiphop8989

Trophies
XP
Country
hi everyone
i do the samething with guide. but my 3dsxl 9.7 not work.

i don't see nintendo zone and streetpass nothing happend.

please help me

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, technically no. duke's nzone.exe uses hostednetwork to create a WiFi AP and does so in a way that tricks the 3DS in to thinking its an authentic Zone, so check it out.

This is a unified script you only need to make a hompass MAC change for:
- Windows 7 and above
- Ubuntu or Debian Linux (newer Ubuntu 14 still may have a problems?)
- routers with DD-WRT firmware (not supported by Ralink-based routers, and most probably micro builds and build older than 21xxx)
- routers with ASUS WL-5xx and RT-N1x custom firmware
- routers with OpenWrt (in debug phase, testing is appreciated)

Common part:
This script is stand-alone and fully automated once started. The only thing you may wish to change is the MAC address list to cycle through. All MAC lists are stored on a server and script gets an updated data from it periodically. To choose several MAC lists to cycle through you just need to use a comma-separated enumeration as a script parameter (see instructions section), if no MAC list specified BASE 16 is used by default
For now only these lists are available:
BASE1 - the common prime "@SPOOF" address
BASE16 - the common prime 16 addresses range
BASE256 - the prime 256 addresses range
1 to 3 digit number - the Country Code for Nintendo Zone official hot spot MACs wid SSIDs. For now only available:
18 - Canada​
49 - USA​
77 - France​
78 - Germany​
94 - Netherlands​

Windows (VMware) instructions:
Warning: dedicated USB wireless adapter required
- download and install VMware Player
- download and unzip a Homepass preconfigured image (Debian Linux preinstalled)
- plug in wireless adapter
- click on the Homepass.vmx, VMware Player will start virtual machine
- in VMware Player menu select:
Player - Removable Devices - <Your wireless adapter name> - Connect (Disconnect from host)
- most probably you was not so quick to connect wireless adapter before virtual machine starts, so just hit CTRL+ALT+INSERT to reboot a virtual machine with connected wireless adapter.

Virtual machine default console is tty8 with redirected syslog for easy monitoring. For debugging press ALT+F1 and login with homepass/homepass and run:
modinfo | grep mac80211
Virtual machine is preconfigured to use BASE16,GBATEMP and all country lists. For advanced configuration refer to the Linux script version (see below)

Windows (native) instructions:
Warning: if you have several wireless adapters, disable all but one
- check your wireless adapter actually support MAC change, navigate to http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/maccheck.cmd (If you can't download, check your browser/antivirus security) and save maccheck.cmd script to the desired location (I'll use C:\ here and further for simplification)
- open Start -> Accessories -> Command Prompt <Right-click> -> Run as administrator
- in a Command prompt window execute:
C:\maccheck.cmd
- in 2-3 minutes the script will perform a check with several wireless adapter disconnections, depending on the result you can proceed further on this instruction. In case the script reported all zeroes in a row below the wireless adapter info, your adapter can't change MAC. Anyway you may PM me the complete result, as we need more statistics to improve your possible homepass quality.
Warning: Atheros-based wireless adapters driver may end up with the BSOD while starting hosted network with changed MAC
Warning: only BASE1,BASE16,BASE256 lists can be used with Windows script version
- navigate to http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install and save nzone.exe file to the desired location
- open Start -> Accessories -> Command Prompt <Right-click> -> Run as administrator
- in a Command prompt window execute:
C:\nzone.exe start BASE256
Warning: Web Browser service is not accessible with this Nintendo Zone access point
- wait for the Homepass

The scheduled task will restore the AP after reboot or wakeup from sleep/hibernate, so you only need to do all of the above just once.

Router instructions:
Warning: for BASE1,BASE16,BASE256,GBATEMP lists SSID must be changed manually to NZ@McD1
Warning: for 3DS firmware version 9.0.0-9.2.0 only BASE1,BASE16,BASE256,GBATEMP,78 lists can be used if wireless security is enabled
Warning: for 3DS firmware version 9.3.0+ wireless security must be disabled
- open a Telnet/SSH client and execute
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP
(alternatively you can do this in a DD-WRT WEB GUI Administration - Commands or WL500G WEB GUI Setup - System Command)
- wait for the Homepass

If your WRT router have a WPS/SES/EZ-Setup button it will toggle cron job on and off every button press, this is also helpful if cron daemon falls asleep on several DD-WRT builds.

MAC lists can be altered by crontab, as well as a MAC change time period (alternatively you can use the DD-WRT WEB GUI at Administration - Management - Cron)

You can also start/stop the AP respectively by command
/tmp/nzone start
or
/tmp/nzone stop
(/usr/local/sbin/nzone for WL500G, /usr/sbin/nzone for OpenWrt)
the latter will also revert access point MAC and SSID to the selected in the WEB GUI settings.
Hm.. I don't even know where to start.

Do I need one of the requirements stated, or must my router be a special one? What is VMware? And do I need a "real" physical adapter to make this work? I'm confused, sorry.

VIIth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It does sound like a driver issue to me (although I'm a *nix user, not a regular Windows user). Have you tried removing (not just disabling) the interfaces, uninstalling and removing the driver, rebooting, and then getting an up-to-date driver from your motherboard manufacturer's website (for on-board WiFi) or from the card manufacturer (for PCI(e) WiFi cards)?

That's what I imagined, and I tried it, but it did not solve my problem.
What it finally worked was re-installing and reactivating the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter.

I also used the commands:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

In an elevated command prompt, although I don't know if that helped. Other thing that I've observed is that my ip address may be related to the problem. I could start the nzone.exe and everything well in my home, getting it to recognize the 3DS and sending packets, but I couldn't manage to send them. I ran the program at work (different IP) and it worked perfectly. Is there any documented case of this and why would it matter?

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
hi everyone
i do the samething with guide. but my 3dsxl 9.7 not work.

i don't see nintendo zone and streetpass nothing happend.

please help me

For us to help you, we need a bit more information. What guide did you try? Was it on Windows XP? 7? 8? 8.1? 10? Linux? Mac? DD-WRT?
Hm.. I don't even know where to start.

Do I need one of the requirements stated, or must my router be a special one? What is VMware? And do I need a "real" physical adapter to make this work? I'm confused, sorry.
First, lets differentiate between a router and an adapter. A router is the box that provides your home/office with WiFi, usually with 2 or 3 aerials sticking out of it and lots of flashing lights. An adapter is built in or plugged in to your desktop/laptop. So we need to know which device you are wanting to use.
nzone.sh from duke will run on a router that has been flashed with DD-WRT/OpenWRT, custom software for routers that differs from your standard software.
nzone.exe or the VMWare image will run using a WiFi card in your desktop/laptop on Windows. In order to use the VMware method, you need to download and install VMware player, and the VMware image that duke has provided, as well as have a compatible WiFi card. That information is provided elsewhere in this thread.

Other thing that I've observed is that my ip address may be related to the problem. I could start the nzone.exe and everything well in my home, getting it to recognize the 3DS and sending packets, but I couldn't manage to send them. I ran the program at work (different IP) and it worked perfectly. Is there any documented case of this and why would it matter?

Are you using fibre at home? I know one user of XZone has a problem with Comcast fibre; his router is connected to the fibre modem which gets IPs from his provider and (I presume) uses IPv6 and not IPv4, which the 3DS can't use properly (or so I am guessing). That could be the reason for your relay not working at home but working at work. Have you tried plugging your laptop/desktop directly in to the modem instead of through a router?
Nobody have any advice to solve the 'invalid hex number' screen when trying to run maccheck.cmd for the windows version of this?

What hardware do you have?

This thread is far too great for procrastination ...

kaiomar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have a problem with nzone method.. Everything was working fine and yesterday when I launch the script, I had internet on IPv4 (Consolenintendo3ds) Everything was well configured but there wasn't "Internet" on the n3ds.
Also I added nzone ln my firewall and disabled the Antivirus. I've already reinstall the driver for my wifi adapter. I can't find the solution..

Ant idea on how I can fix it ?

Thanks.

VIIth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nobody have any advice to solve the 'invalid hex number' screen when trying to run maccheck.cmd for the windows version of this?

Happened to me. Reinstall the Microsoft Miniport Virtual something and run the commands

netsh wlan start hostednetwork
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

In an elevated command prompt. Also check services that you've disabled or enabled.

epro99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I'm stumped. I set up my Sanoxy, was doing fine and getting passes by manually changing my MACs for a few days, and now, tonight, no passes at all, no matter what MAC I try. I didn't change any settings on my Sanoxy, all I've done so far is unplug the internet cord from it when I'm not using it to not keep an open network available.

EDIT: I guess it was as simple as unplugging my ethernet cable from the Sanoxy, unplugging the Sanoxy from the outlet, and then re-plugging everything in. I should have just tried that right away.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Does the DD-WRT script have a limit on the lists can be used? Seems BASE256,GBATEMP,18,49,77,78,94 is too much for my router. :D And how many MACs do the 18,49,77,78,94 lists contain? And what is/are the recommended list(s)? BASE or the real country specific Zones?

BobbyTastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again. So I finally found an appropriate DD-WRT firmware to put on my router with the MAC spoofing issues.

Now I have no idea what to do. I looked at the picture in the guide but my DD-WRT does not look like that.

I'll show a screenshot of my own set-up page.
ZwntASS.jpg

What exactly do I do now? Keep in mind this is my main router, I don't have a repeater or other router to use.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi again. So I finally found an appropriate DD-WRT firmware to put on my router with the MAC spoofing issues.

Now I have no idea what to do. I looked at the picture in the guide but my DD-WRT does not look like that.

I'll show a screenshot of my own set-up page.
ZwntASS.jpg

What exactly do I do now? Keep in mind this is my main router, I don't have a repeater or other router to use.
Do you only need one StreetPass every eight hours or more?
Does your computer have a wired or wireless connection to your router?

BobbyTastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you only need one StreetPass every eight hours or more?
Does your computer have a wired or wireless connection to your router?

Looking to do HomePass more than every 8 hours.

Computer has a wired connection. The laptop I'm on right now has wireless.

lordelohim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run Homepass using the glaciergaming method, I have been running ir for months, and it has worked perfectly. Two days ago, I noticed I didn't have any streetpasses, which happens from time to time. Sometimes the adapter gets disabled somehow, sometimes homepass stops working for a few hours or a day or two, I usually just restart the script and everything is fine. This time, however, the script is no longer working. Typing nzone.exe start BASE16 or 256 returns a message that reads ADODB.Stream. That's it, just that phrase. I checked the comments on the glaciergaming tutorial page, and one person mentioned this, stating that rebooting the router would solve the issue. I have rebooted my router several times from in firmware, as well as power cycled it, and rebooted the PC a few times as well, and none of those things have fixed it. I really need some help here, I can't go back to not having a relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay