Not open for further replies.

Deathslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
duke_srg

Question : I did the native method and suddenly i received some streetpass hits. I need a bit of clarity on this native method using the nzone.exe.

1. This does not require me to go into connection setting in the 3DS?
2. Is the name supposed to be ConsoleNintendo3DS for its SSID instead of the NZ@McD ? Is there supposed to be a way to change it?
3. How frequent would i get streetpasses? It only hit me once and I have yet to get anything else now, but i am connected to the Nintendo Zone regardless.

Would like to hear more about this. Thank you in advance.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
AlexTG40 Page-10 manual, Windows Native instructions

Deathslayer No configuration required, 3DS already have this SSID preconfigured. The more lists you have selected the more frequently MAC will be changed. The more frequently MAC is changed, the more streetpasses you can get.

AlexTG40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
AlexTG40 Page-10 manual, Windows Native instructions

Deathslayer No configuration required, 3DS already have this SSID preconfigured. The more lists you have selected the more frequently MAC will be changed. The more frequently MAC is changed, the more streetpasses you can get.

Tried, still get the same result.
Now I ended up having my 2DS nintendo zone icon flashed, but upper screen shows that my internet didn't turned blue and connected.

Dtron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, can someone please help me out?

I skip running maccheck command prompt because after I run it and then start nzone.exe through cmd I get the blue screen crash dump, so I just start cmd, start nzone.exe start BASE256, and wait for the MACs to switch.

However , the MAC addresses aren't changing. The hotspot and internet connection IS resetting every 2 minutes but the physical/Mac address stays the same. Any solutions out there?

Megaponder

Ponderin' about theories.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm using the native windows method and just got the results from maccheck
Will homepass work?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just tried and it worked!
Thanks anyway

AlexTG40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I just had my eon ticket. In case anyone who faced the same problem with me, here is what I did:
PS:I used native windows method with Artheros wifi card and 9.4 fw 2DS, and run all the rest procedure as admin

0.Run the maccheck cmd to check whether your wifi card can change mac.(Just run it once and if you get any numbers other than 0, than you are ok with rest of the step, I have my wifi drivers fw crash instead of BSOD everytime I run this step, so check it for once, get the result and restart)
1.C:\>nzone.exe start BASE256 (get something like SWBemObject set but no nzone.macs created)
2. Used macpass(macshift) to change the mac address to the most common for example : 4E53504F4F45
3:C:\>netsh wlan start hostednetwork (for those who have same problem with me which the virtual network wont start by their own)
4. Go to network adapter and shared the internet to NintendoConsole3DS
5.Started my 2DS and notified that it connects to the internet (turned blue) and nintendo zone is shining
6. Do not turn it to sleep mode as my 2DS will disconnect if turned to sleep mode, just leave it aside, and when you saw a green light shines, congratz.

Use this method only when you are stuck with problems same as me:
1. the file nzone.macs won't create.

BUT ATTENTION, by using this method your mac wont change periodically, thats why I used 4E53504F4F45, which is the most popular mac address so far.

Reactions: Schnida

Dtron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^this helped a lot! But can you tell me how you made your wifi drivers crash instead of bsod??

maclaumo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VM instructions
Hi duke!
Been a lurker for a long time and got the courage to create an account because I'm close to giving up on this.
I had the homepass working lovingly in my MS Surface 2 Pro, with the built-in wireless card and a TP-Link USB I bought exclusively for this (this one: http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WN725N-Wireless-Adapter-Miniature/dp/B008IFXQFU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419709300&sr=8-1&keywords=wireless usb adapter). I was able to change macs with the script (on the built-in wireless). Everything was great :)

Then the stupid update happened and I haven't been able to make it work again :(

I tried your windows script .exe and after several days, no streetpass at all.
Today I tried the Debian VM following your instructions, and apparently there's a driver error with the TP-Link usb. In the VMware Player it shows as "Realtek 802.11n NIC"
in the logger I get "nl80211: 'nl80211' generic netlink not found"
then "Failed to initialize driver 'nl80211'"

I tried the Alt-F1 to debug but when I run the modinfo | grep mac80211 I get "command not found" so I didn't really go there...

I tried googling for drivers for the tplink/realtek for Debian and got overwhelmed by information... can you point me in the right friendly direction?
If it's too much of a hassle, then can we go the easy way and just let me know exactly what USB wifi are you using (maybe amazon link, but I might be asking for too much :yay: )

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for your constant work on this thread! :wub:

Some useless screenshots...

stuck.png
dunnowhatimdoing.png

gorczyk

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello,
I'm looking for help with setting home relay on Mac OS X 10.9.4

I have configured Wi-Fi Sharing following steps in the first post- using Ethernet and WiFi to create hotspot (without any password) named NZ@McD (also tried with attwifi, there was no NZ, but I could access the Internet, but still - no SP hits) I changed MAC address of wifi using terminal (checked with ifconfig command if it really changed - it did, even though OS X GUI still shows me my default MAC address), connected 3DSXL to the hotspot, Nintendo Zone icon appeared on 3DSXL, got a little prompts saying that Nintendo Zone service is available. Upon opening it I even managed to get Pokemon ORAS screen with information that the content is not translated to my language, so it appears that there is a connection.
The problem is that I don't recieve any StreetPass hits, even though i rebooted computer several times, changed MAC address every time, restarted both the 3DSXL and the connection many times, but still nothing.
Upon opening Web Browser on 3DSXL I get error 003-3305 and cannot browse the Web. I crave for help, as I tried everything that I found possible and nothing helped.

I also tried setting and running relaymyhome 1.1 script, it looked that everything was fine, terminal showed me that script was changing MAC address several times, than reverted to the default one.

I would appreciate all given help.

3DSXL is running software Ver. 9.4.0-21E
Using Mid-2011 21,5" iMac, 10.9.4

reinhold23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have HomePass working on my Windows 7 machine, but not since the October firmware upgrade. I tried the nzone script, but after running it, I still can't successfully get StreetPasses.

One thing I noticed is that my network now unshares itself to the Virtual Miniport. I can reset the sharing, but it will unshare within a couple minutes. I see a .DisableSharing section in the script, but I'm not sure why it might be doing this. Any ideas? Maybe this isn't a problem, but from what I know about this process, it seems like one to me.

Happy to provide more information, too. Please just tell me what you might need.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
AlexTG40 have you tried with nzone.vbs, I returned the direct link in the ibstructions for old firmware. It may output the more detailed error so I'll be able to fix your issue with nzone.exe

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
maclaumo first, try lsusb to find put what adapted you are using exactly, it will give you the device IDs. I included all available firmwares needed for ralink/mediatek, atheros, Intel, broadcon, realtek and several others (all wireless firmware available for Debian 7 in non-free repo)
So if Debian have a native support for your adapter it will work out of the box. If not, just search for Debian solution and your IDs to get the needed driver. It is no sense to log all checked IDs to search the same adapter, much better to spend your time to find a driver instruction and help me to integrate it into the VM image so others can use it too.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
reinhold23 it is only allowed to setup a single sharing, so to make sure that AP sharing will be enabled all sharing is disabling before enabling. Try nzone.exe version it should work with the newest firmware, or VMware method if you have a USB adapter

reinhold23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reinhold23 it is only allowed to setup a single sharing, so to make sure that AP sharing will be enabled all sharing is disabling before enabling. Try nzone.exe version it should work with the newest firmware, or VMware method if you have a USB adapter

Thanks, duke_srg.

I ran "nzone.exe start BASE256". My 3DS connects to the AP, and intermittently detects a Nintendo Zone, but still no SPs. Should I reboot or anything?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
reinhold23 you should check that nintendo zone app can download a nintendo zone page because icon glowing and internet icon activation does not mean that internet is actually accessible. To do that you must switch to BASE16 address like
nzone.exe reload
nzone.exe start BASE16
just because nintendo zone app will not have enough time to doenaload a page between MAC changes with BASE256.
If app successfully downloaded a page without a 3DS system connection error, you can switch back to BASE256 and check the actual MAC with 2 minutes intervals like
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
BSSID field will indicate the actual access pont MAC which must change in time.
If everything above is like I described you only need to wait for streetpasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9