• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Got exactly the same problem ... now attwifi dosnt work with password protected.
But I always had 2 connections at home ... got 2 routers 1st one is DD-WRT Asus (AP) "attwifi" and second is bridged TP link with "_The Cloud" ssid which also dont work ... nintendo zone isnt glowing anymore. Thise 2 connections had WPA2/AES protection and were working perfectly but now I have to find a new way of 3ds connections.
Some one have any ideas? TPlink router could have NZ@McD1 but it dosnt have ddwrt soo ... no wirless MAC.
P.S I dont want to use mac filtering

NZ@McD1 will work with any mac, you'll have one streetpass per 8 hours.

Cloud557

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duke_srg Thank you for the reply, but I just tried that and, following the steps word for word, downloading what I needed to, and reading them several times before actually trying to to be sure I understood it, it doesn't seem to work right for me for some reason. Everything works fine for the computer, but my 3DS is unable to connect to the Nintendo Zone site through the app for the connection portion of the guide. It just says that it's unable to connect to the zone and says that the app should only be used at a Nintendo Zone.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What do you mean by any mac? I dont have to use wirless mac anymore? I would like to change beetween thise when i need
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE#gid=0

I mean that if you want to use a password-protected AP, then only NZ@McD1 SSID can be used, for such european SSIDs Nintendo relays streetpass data with no MAC address lookup, so you can use those from the list, but the fact of a MAC change will force 3DS to get a new streetpass data, rather than an actual MAC value, like it was with attwifi.

Aeit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies, I meant to say I always use administrator command prompt. Though it looks like my meaning went through. I've run the program again, but I can't paste the results until I get home. I didn't see maccheck appear in the list, though I'm not sure rather I'm supposed to or not.

Edit: duke_srg This looks similar to what I got before.

What I ran: wmic nic get macaddress,name,pnpdeviceid (after running netsh wlan set hostednetwork allow maccheck maccheck)
MACAddress Name PNPDeviceID

1C:75:08:7D:C0:87 Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller PCI\VEN_10E
C&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_FD301179&REV_05\4&10DFE15F&0&0038
Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter ROOT\KDNIC\
02:00:00:00:00:00 Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC PCI\VEN_10E
C&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_818110EC&REV_01\4&74ED961&0&0030
WAN Miniport (SSTP)

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 SWD\IP_TUNN
EL_VBUS\ISATAP_1
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3 SWD\IP_TUNN
EL_VBUS\ISATAP_2
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter SWD\IP_TUNN
EL_VBUS\ISATAP_0
7A:79:19:93:96:AF LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter ROOT\NET\00
7A:79:19:93:96:AF VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver Miniport ROOT\SUN_VB
OXNETFLTMP\0000
Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter

02:00:00:00:00:00 Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter {5D624F94-8
850-40C3-A3FA-A4FD2080BAF3}\VWIFIMP_WFD\5&27469930&0&03
02:00:00:00:00:00 Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter {5D624F94-8
850-40C3-A3FA-A4FD2080BAF3}\VWIFIMP_SAP\5&27469930&0&05
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

WAN Miniport (L2TP)

02:00:00:00:00:00 VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver Miniport ROOT\SUN_VB
OXNETFLTMP\0002
1C:75:08:7D:C0:87 VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver Miniport ROOT\SUN_VB
OXNETFLTMP\0003
08:00:27:00:58:19 VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter ROOT\NET\00
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

WAN Miniport (PPTP)

WAN Miniport (IP)

WAN Miniport (IPv6)

WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)

00:26:37:BD:39:42 PdaNet Broadband Adapter ROOT\PNETET
H\0000
00:26:37:BD:39:42 VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver Miniport ROOT\SUN_VB
OXNETFLTMP\0001

sabata2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duke_srg Thank you for the reply, but I just tried that and, following the steps word for word, downloading what I needed to, and reading them several times before actually trying to to be sure I understood it, it doesn't seem to work right for me for some reason. Everything works fine for the computer, but my 3DS is unable to connect to the Nintendo Zone site through the app for the connection portion of the guide. It just says that it's unable to connect to the zone and says that the app should only be used at a Nintendo Zone.

Looking like it's the same for me Duke... I can't find anything going wrong with the script but I *cannot* access the ORAS demo german page.

After the first cycle, the AP doesn't appear in my 3DS's or phone's wifi networks.
(I also tried changing th first asterisk to /5 and crontab complains about a bad minute. so I think something is wrong with the format)

*edit*
Just to check, I've had it running for almost 2 hours now and no passes. I'll leave it on overnight as well *just* in case I get that 8 hour tick, but I doubt I'll get it at this point.

Deiter

Trophies
Website
www.etsy.com
XP
Country
United States
I followed the Windows 7/8 guide and it seemed to work all except I cannot see a nintendo zone. I don't believe that it is found but I am connected to the internet.
Additionally I dont know if this is a problem but my virtual router crashes on start up.
Also if it is working, how do I get streetpasses?
Edit: Occasionally on my ds the internet will change to streetpass, however I wont get any streetpasses.
Additionally I attempted to use MACycle but all that happened was I was only connected to the internet

Is using a 2DS the problem?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Looking like it's the same for me Duke... I can't find anything going wrong with the script but I *cannot* access the ORAS demo german page.

After the first cycle, the AP doesn't appear in my 3DS's or phone's wifi networks.
(I also tried changing th first asterisk to /5 and crontab complains about a bad minute. so I think something is wrong with the format)
*edit*
Just to check, I've had it running for almost 2 hours now and no passes. I'll leave it on overnight as well *just* in case I get that 8 hour tick, but I doubt I'll get it at this point.

Sorry, my bad, it must be */5 for the cron. But 2 minutes is realle enough to get a streetpass, even if it may not be nough for the ORAS page, it must start load on the red background anyway.

Cloud557

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, a simple update from me on the situation: Unless the script was supposed to start the hostednetwork as soon as my computer was turned on (If it was, how do I turn that off?), it seems to have just kinda randomly stayed working all night, even when my computer was off. Either way, at some point this morning I got 6 Streetpasses, but that COULD have been a coincidence, seeing as I was forced a couple weeks back to change my MAC address, and the only one I changed it to that allowed internet was one of the ones on the google dock list.

I tried several times with the script yesterday, letting it sit for several hours, and it didn't work while I was awake, however the issue I was originally having with my hostednetwork randomly losing internet while using MACycle seems to have been fixed at some point while I was working on the script side of things, seeing as I just started it a few minutes ago, and I already have some streetpasses.

If there's something with the script I'm missing that can fix the issue of not getting any passes, please let me know, but until then I will continue using the MACycle, seeing as it doesn't actually cause any issues with CPU usage on my computer (Not sure why), and it's working just fine now.

sabata2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duke_srg
*/5 didn't complain. So I'll assume that's the proper format. (again WFH so I cannot test)

Okay... I think I may start over from scratch since the few days break seems to have made me forget things.

(this is just me writing down what we know not further tests)
From our investigation, the script is working exactly as intended. The MACs are cycled, and this can be slowed down with "crontab -e" by changing the first asterisk to "*/5".
Both the POSTROUTING and FORWARD rules are in place.
The SSID is the default NZ@McD1
IIRC I was able to connect to the Access Point *before* any MAC was cycled, by manually setting the connection in Internet Options. (This manual connection should not be required and is advised against) I was able to connect between My Device and Access Point, but not Access Point and Internet. This was to be expected.
From that point the Nintendo Zone app indicated there was a Zone nearby. Attempting to launch the zone however resulted in either "Cannot communicate with Access Point" or "Communication Error has Occurred".

I should investigate further to find which one of these was due to the minute-based MAC cycling.

From there we should know with certainty my roadblock, and hopefully figure out a way to either test it or fix it outright.

Question though... Should the script be constantly killing my wired connection as it cycles MACs? Because it is, and maaaaybe it's the cause of the problems.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
there are something I can't understand .. I get internet to my computer by wireless from a router, that aren't plugged in any computer, can I make the homepass from my computer to the 3DS?

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just keep scheduled task working for several hours and leave 3DS untouched. Then check how many streetpasse you've got :)

The nzone scheduled task runs every minute (according to the task scheduler), but it never changes the MAC address. I'm using the BASE256 list, so I guess it should change the MAC every 2 minutes, but it never does. But as I said before, the MAC correctly changes when I type "nzone.vbs" in cmd. So it seems the script works, but the scheduled task doesn't, if that makes sense.

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I need some help! I'm homepassing with a Windows 8, I followed all the instructions and it worked fine for the 1st 30 streetpasses or so, but now it has stopped working! What should I do?

Cloud557

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help! I'm homepassing with a Windows 8, I followed all the instructions and it worked fine for the 1st 30 streetpasses or so, but now it has stopped working! What should I do?

You can only streetpass with a single MAC set every 8 hours. You COULD change the MAC set when you finish the first one, but doing so and cycling through all the MACs at once is kinda rude to others, seeing as they'll just keep getting you whenever they get that MAC.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So i will get random game titles passes? Not specified ones like it was before?
When I look here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE#gid=3
I still would like to use attwifi maybe my brideged router could be unprotected
Why I cannot connect to NZ when its glowing?
Yes, you will get a random titles on NZ@McD1 because you actually get a random streetpass data. If you cycle over a hundred of MACs in night time you will get 3DS fully filles all streetpass slots in the morning. With attwifi you will only get streetpassws from the same attwifi users from Linux/Router, but not Windows.
Because it is glowing when Nintendo Zone SSID is broadcasted, no security is checked or connection established until application actually launched.

Rocket0634 This ond doesn't look the same, because after allowing the hosted network, VWIFI_SAP devise with the changed MAC appeared, so the script should work for you. BTW, have I got maccheck.cmd result from you?

Deiter Have you tried "Before anything else" mehod from the first post?

Cloud557 Most probalby you've just gont ONE streetpass with 6 people on Mii Plaza after 8 hours cooldown with the same mac and hosted netsork started on boot. Script just can't run on a turned off PC.
Please check nzone job last run and command parameters to check the issue

Sliter Yes, you can try "Before anything else" mehod from the first post

sabata2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you will get a random titles on NZ@McD1 because you actually get a random streetpass data. If you cycle over a hundred of MACs in night time you will get 3DS fully filles all streetpass slots in the morning. With attwifi you will only get streetpassws from the same attwifi users from Linux/Router, but not Windows.
Because it is glowing when Nintendo Zone SSID is broadcasted, no security is checked or connection established until application actually launched.

So... lemme get this straight.

If I set the SSID to NZ@McD1 then I can get streetpass data for a game I don't even own. Does this mean I could technically be gathering streetpasses that *won't* show up on the Streetpass Plaza (ie. they never set up or disabled their plaza passes) paired with a game I don't own? Thus "getting a streetpass" but being unable to use it?

And if I set the SSID to attwifi then I will only gather streetpasses from people who pass by (and connect to) my homepass?

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rocket0634 This ond doesn't look the same, because after allowing the hosted network, VWIFI_SAP devise with the changed MAC appeared, so the script should work for you. BTW, have I got maccheck.cmd result from you?

You should, but I could post it again if you need it.
Realtek Semiconductor Corp.,Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC,PCI
\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_818110EC&REV_01\4&74ED961&0&00
30,RTWlanE
Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).
Missing operand.
FEMissing operand.
FE00000000Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).
000000000000Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).
000000000000Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).
000000000000000000000000Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).

And I'll just run it again, just to make sure nothing changed.
... uh, something changed.

Realtek Semiconductor Corp.,Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC,PCI
\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_818110EC&REV_01\4&74ED961&0&00
30,RTWlanE
00000000000000000000000000000000Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).
00000000Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So... lemme get this straight.
If I set the SSID to NZ@McD1 then I can get streetpass data for a game I don't even own. Does this mean I could technically be gathering streetpasses that *won't* show up on the Streetpass Plaza (ie. they never set up or disabled their plaza passes) paired with a game I don't own? Thus "getting a streetpass" but being unable to use it?
And if I set the SSID to attwifi then I will only gather streetpasses from people who pass by (and connect to) my homepass?

No, in terms of a streetpass-enabled application there is no diffrerences between SSIDs. You can get only streetpass data for the registered titles.
As for your question about internet connection lost, only those commands can affect it, thy it one-by-one and see the result.

sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o $EXTINT -j MASQUERADE
iptables -I FORWARD -i $WLINT -j ACCEPT

Remiscan try this: delete nzone.macs file, wait for the next scheduled job run, check nzone.macs content (can be opened with notepad) - it must containg 256 base addresses. Wait for the next run, open it and search for the "x" - it must mark the MACs that was already set by the script. Check the actual MAC address withwmic nic list brief

Rocket0634 oh, sorry, just lost your spoiler in the thread. Looks like several parts of the script are gettin not that was expected. Run wmic nic get index,macaddress /format:csv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7