• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Scrub Lord In Network connection in Control panel. Can't say for sure how to do that on a windows 8 tile interface, try to pres Windows + R and type control <Enter> to launch control panel

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't know this was a thing, and now I do. So, if I can still read, the NZ@McD1 SSID doesn't draw from different StreetPass pools depending on MAC Address. Good. Saves me an optimisation headache.
Setting it up for me was a doddle, even around an existing wireless network, using DD-WRT. I just made a virtual access point and gave it the same security as my physical one, and made it's SSID NZ@McD1, then changed my 3DS' SSID settings without touching any other setting. Hello, steady StreetPassing. I hope. I'll give it a sleep.

Even got a special Nintendo Zone Mii in my plaza, so I know that part works at least.

BAlvez

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using that Script that uses the MAC Shift and creates the Homepass Network on Windows 7. I create the Homepass Network, my 3DS detects the Nintendo Zone, but when I close my 3DS I don't receive any streetpasses.
I've done some investigation and I found that the MAC Address on my Ethernet connection doesn't change and when I try to do it manually, my PC can't connect to the internet. The Homepass network doesn't change the MAC either.

Any solution for this?

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I managed to make the Nintendo Zone work again. But the connection test is failing! What should I do?

Paladin656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I stumbled across this some time ago and it's totally awesome. I was street passing like a pro for the longest time. But then life happened and dust gathered on my 3DS. Now I've knocked the dust off, cleaned it up, and trying to get this working again.

Haven't made any changes to my setup, but I can't get any passes.

Router is a Buffalo WZR-300HP running DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (07/09/12) std - build 19438

Using the interface's option to spoof 00:0D:67:15: D7:21 (Space added to avoid :D smiley) off the google docs spreadsheet.
I'm using attwifi as the SSID.

Nothing seems to work. I've tried changing the MAC, powering off and on the 3DS, disabling StreetPass and turning it back on. I -can- street pass with people at work. But I can't get the home relay to work.

Would welcome any suggestions.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Paladin656 attwifi won't work since firmware 9.0 when password protected. Change SSID to NZ@McD1 or switch to open system/no security with the MAC filter

Scrub Lord which test failed, access point or internet?

BAlvez Launch Nintendo Zone application if it loads a Pokemon ORAS Demo page, then everything must work fine. Otherwise just follow the Before anything else link in the first post of the thread

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
duke_srg, now I've been getting all kinds of problems :( the one with the connection test failing on the 3DS was solved by myself, I just had to delete my regular wireless's settings from the 3DS and connect solely to the Nintendo Zone. However, even with the connection to the Nintendo Zone estabilished (the Nintendo Zone icon even says it is available on the HOME menu) and the successful connection test, I still don't get any homepasses. That was yesterday, actually; now it is even worse. I cannot even start the Nintendo Zone hosted network. I type C:\nzone.vbs start base256 in the cmd window (running as admin, yes) and nothing happens.
also, I don't know if this has anything to do with this issue, but the Wi-Fi switch on my notebook has simply disappeared. It doesn't have a wireless switch on the keyboard, and I could normally activate and deactivate the wireless functions by sliding a small window on the right corner of the screen and turning the wi-fi switch on/off; now, the wi-fi switch has vanished. And I've already confirmed that this notebook isn't in Airplane Mode.
(I'm using Windows 8, and I could get some homepasses before all this happened)

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, did it, actually something went wrong and I had to re-install my wireless drivers. Everything is working as normal in my notebook, but when I go to command prompt as admin and write the "nzone.vbs start BASE256" command it gives no response, and no network is created.

edit: re-downloaded the nzone.vbs script and it seems to have worked. Will report back if anything goes wrong

Paladin656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paladin656 attwifi won't work since firmware 9.0 when password protected. Change SSID to NZ@McD1 or switch to open system/no security with the MAC filter

That appears to have done it. I seem to have missed that when I was reading over the first post to see if any info had changed. I appreciate your assistance.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone give me an idiot proof version of what to do? I can NOt get my homepass to work anymore. I've been using NZ@McD1 for awhile now.
After that update, I couldn't get anything to work.
I deleted a lot of my connections from my OC so I can start over.

I have Windows 7.
I use the windows method. I tried with the USB, but have always had problems.

Edit: Also in the virtual router program, the "shared" network doesn't connect at all to my "wired" connection.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 175

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yea, now I can set up the connection and all, and I can even find the network in the 3DS, but when I try to connect it to the 3DS, it says that the connection test failed.

edit: the access point connection to the system is failing now, but a few minutes ago it was th connection to the internet

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK, I thought I had it fixed. I've got connection, but I'm not getting any streetpasses.

Edit: testing the connection on my 3DS "Connection Test Error".

looks like we're having similar problems, either I can connect but don't get streetpasses, or cannot connect at all :P

kaduvrp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, this is the first time I've come to this place in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time... And I need help. Is there any good way to make a wifi card able to switch its MAC without the Homepass stop working in the middle of the process? I'm kinda desperate here, I even exchanged the previous wifi card because I thought it was the card's problem.

I'm using a NETGEAR WNA1100. And I'd be really thankful for your help, it's been a LOOOOONG time since I last Streetpassed someone.

Oh, and using my router is out of question. My ISP changed something here and I'm using it as a bridge connection now, so I can't do anything =/

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Scrub Lord Bambamthepyro If you're using BASE256, then the MAC changes every 2 minutes, so connection is restarted in 2 minutest too! That is enough to get a streetpass, but may not be enough to make a connection test. To make sure you have enough time to test:
nzone.vbs stop
nzone.vbs reload
nzone.vbs start BASE16
Then you have 30 minutes to recreate a connection, make access point test and launch Nintendo Zone app to check the actual internet connection. No more test required, just close your 3DS and wait for 30 minutest for the next MAC change. If no green light in 30 minutes. Just keep it for a full 8 hours cycle. If everything works just return to the more frequent MAC change:
nzone.vbs start BASE256

kaduvrp Please follow "Before anything else" link in the first post

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Scrub Lord Bambamthepyro If you're using BASE256, then the MAC changes every 2 minutes, so connection is restarted in 2 minutest too! That is enough to get a streetpass, but may not be enough to make a connection test. To make sure you have enough time to test:
nzone.vbs stop
nzone.vbs reload
nzone.vbs start BASE16
Then you have 30 minutes to recreate a connection, make access point test and launch Nintendo Zone app to check the actual internet connection. No more test required, just close your 3DS and wait for 30 minutest for the next MAC change. If no green light in 30 minutes. Just keep it for a full 8 hours cycle. If everything works just return to the more frequent MAC change:
nzone.vbs start BASE256

kaduvrp Please follow "Before anything else" link in the first post

I did it... still cannot connect to the access point though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    It's the Switcheroo
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's the Switcheroo