Not open for further replies.

NicoCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Please redownload the install script, there was a typo, sorry

Ok, now I run it again, it installs dnsmasq and hostapd.
Then I shows this (don't know if it's expected or not):
update-rc.d: warning: /etc/init.d/nzone missing LSB information
update-rc.d: see <http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts>
Use of uninitialized value $argv[1] in pattern match (m//) at /usr/sbin/update-rc.d line 299.
update-rc.d: error: expected NN after start
usage: update-rc.d [-n] [-f] <basename> remove
update-rc.d [-n] <basename> defaults [NN | SS KK]
update-rc.d [-n] <basename> start|stop NN runlvl [runlvl] [...] .
update-rc.d [-n] <basename> disable|enable [S|2|3|4|5]
-n: not really
-f: force

The disable|enable API is not stable and might change in the future.
starting nzone
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
Configuration file: /etc/wlan0_hostap.conf
Failed to update rate sets in kernel module

Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 4c:0f:6e:fd:f4:81 and ssid 'NZ@McD1'
After that, my 3DS detects Internet and the Nintendo Zone starts flashing, but a couple of seconds later, it returns back to "StreetPass".

On my computer, every some seconds it tells me that the internet connection was closed and then opened again (I think that is when it changes the MAC address), but the 3DS doesn't detect Internet anymore.

If I try to set a new connection on the 3DS, it doesn't shows NZ@McD1 as an access point. (Only on those first seconds that it detected Internet, but then it disappears).

I'm running on a Linux Mint 16 machine (yes, I changed it from the Ubuntu 12.04. I didn't like the interface)

EDIT: also, if I run sudo /usr/local/bin/nzone stop it doesn't work. I go to that directory and it's true, there's no nzone file.
EDIT2: Ok, it's on usr/local/sbin/

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok, now I run it again, it installs dnsmasq and hostapd.
Then I shows this (don't know if it's expected or not):
update-rc.d: see <http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts>
Use of uninitialized value $argv[1] in pattern match (m//) at /usr/sbin/update-rc.d line 299.

starting nzone
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 4c:0f:6e:fd:f4:81 and ssid 'NZ@McD1'
After that, my 3DS detects Internet and the Nintendo Zone starts flashing, but a couple of seconds later, it returns back to "StreetPass".

On my computer, every some seconds it tells me that the internet connection was closed and then opened again (I think that is when it changes the MAC address), but the 3DS doesn't detect Internet anymore.

If I try to set a new connection on the 3DS, it doesn't shows NZ@McD1 as an access point. (Only on those first seconds that it detected Internet, but then it disappears).

I'm running on a Linux Mint 16 machine (yes, I changed it from the Ubuntu 12.04. I didn't like the interface)

EDIT: also, if I run sudo /usr/local/bin/nzone stop it doesn't work. I go to that directory and it's true, there's no nzone file.
EDIT2: Ok, it's on usr/local/sbin/

There was no update-rc.d error on the last Debian build, however it is only affects autostart and cam be fixed manually. "Failed to update rate sets in kernel module" error also occurs in Debian but with no negative results. Yes the script was relocated to /usr/local/sbin for Linux version. BTW you're not using the same interface for the internet access and spotpass, don'tyou?

NicoCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, so I don't have to worry about those messages :P

I use an ethernet cable for internet access, and the WiFi switch of my laptop for the streetpass (without connection to internet).

It's strange because for a very little time, it seems to work (still no streetpass), but then suddenly the access point seems to be turned off or something, because there's no device that can detect it. But the light of the WiFi switch is still on.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couldn't get the windows version to work (probably because of my retarded pci-card) but the one linked for android was dead-simple to get going. thanks for this topic!

dart06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why when I try the Android tether that my 3DS asks for a passcode? Everything else works up until that point but I can't connect to it on my 3DS.

Edit: I think it's because I was using the 3.3 Tether which I just read isn't compatible with Android 4.2 or higher. Going to try the 3.4 version.

Edit2: Still not working.

sabata2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some touble setting up the Linux version.

Code:
sabata2@Aviarch:~/Desktop$ iwconfig
mon.wlan0 IEEE 802.11abgn Mode:Monitor Tx-Power=16 dBm
Retry long limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Power Management:off

eth0 no wireless extensions.

lo no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11abgn Mode:Master Tx-Power=16 dBm
Retry long limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Power Management:off

I've downloaded both the nzone and home_zone scripts in an attempt to get this to work. I'm currently trying the nzone script and this is what it printed out:
Code:
sabata2@Aviarch:~/Desktop$ sudo /tmp/nzone.sh BASE256
1 - mon.wlan0
2 - wlan0
Select the number of the wireless interface to use: 2
update-rc.d: see <[URL]http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts>[/URL]
Use of uninitialized value $argv[1] in pattern match (m//) at /usr/sbin/update-rc.d line 310.

starting nzone
Already running
sabata2@Aviarch:~/Desktop$

1) I can't find a prior process using ps aux, so I don't know why it says it's already running.
2) After running the above command I check the available WiFi options via my phone and 3DS's wifi search and find a "NZ@McD1" Which I can figure is "NintendoZone At McDonalds 1" but because its not attwifi my 3DS isn't picking it up automatically (I assume).
3) Even if I tell my 3DS to connect directly to the new wifi option it says it cannot connect to it, let alone connect to the internet through it.

I'm not using any wifi dongles, just what's built into my laptop. What am I missing? Cause I figure I'm like 1 or 2 steps away from my homepass being set up perfectly.

*Edit*
When I try to *stop* the nzone I get this:
Code:
sabata2@Aviarch:~/Desktop$ sudo /etc/init.d/nzone stop
stopping nzone
network-manager stop/waiting
network-manager start/running, process 26019
Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 4e:53:50:4f:4f:e0 and ssid 'NZ@McD1'
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
iptables: Bad rule (does a matching rule exist in that chain?).
sabata2@Aviarch:~/Desktop$

*double edit*
Now I keep losing my *wired* connection and can hardly browse the net without refreshing pages 4~5 times.
How can I undo this automatic launching for the Nintendo Zone?
At this point I want to give up on the linux version and would rather buy a rooted phone off ebay to do this...

sabata2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to fix the "NZ@McD1" I edited /usr/local/sbin/nzone, as it asserted the WLSSID to that. I have changed it to attwifi.

The complaint from iptables seems to be that my computer doesn't *HAVE* a POSTROUTING iptables rule... I'm not sure how important that rule is, but `sudo nzone stop` *does* remove the iptables rule, and stops my internet connection from killing itself.

I *think* the reason my wired connection keeps going out is attributed to the above 2 things, *and* my choice of BASE256 which is apparently supposed to get nzone passes every few minutes. I think that because of this choice, my internet configuration is *reset* every few minutes, thus essentially disabling my ability to use my laptop for regular net usage while it's running.

I just tried changing it to BASE16 and that didn't help the constant restarting of my network connections.
I have also found out that the script in /etc/init.c/nzone DOES NOT WORK.
I have to use the /user/local/sbin/nzone script to both start and stop the connection. I'll post later with a diff between the two files.

I am less looking into the phone option, and more into how to fix the configuration I'm using.
If I have to buy a $15 wifi dongle, I will though I would love some Ubuntu ready recommendations.

Cloud557

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having an issue that I'm not sure if it's been posted about yet or not, but I don't really want to go through 187 pages to find out, so I'm sorry if this has already been solved and I just hadn't seen it.

My issue is that, while I follow the guide exactly (I'm using Windows 8.1 on a laptop with ethernet cable plugged in for internet), everything SEEMS to work just fine. Except that when I try to streetpass using programs like MACycle, MACPass, and such, I don't get any streetpasses. I have my 3DS closed next to me and right next to my laptop so it has a good chance of connecting (The wifi range is rather small for some reason, but that may just be the wifi card in the laptop, seeing as this laptop has issues connecting to the internet wirelessly at times), but I don't get the little green light telling me I've got a streetpass.

Do I absolutely NEED to have a USB dongle to do this, or is there something I'm missing?

GamerKingFaiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Router instructions:
- open a Telnet/SSH client and execute
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP
(alternatively you can do this in a DD-WRT WEB GUI Administration - Commands or WL500G WEB GUI Setup - System Command)
- wait for the Homepass

If your WRT router have a WPS/SES/EZ-Setup button it will toggle cron job on and off every button press, this is also helpful if cron daemon falls asleep on several DD-WRT builds.
MAC lists can be altered by crontab, as well as a MAC change time period (alternatively you can use the DD-WRT WEB GUI at Administration - Management - Cron)

You can also start/stop the AP respectively by command
/tmp/nzone start

or
/tmp/nzone stop
(/usr/local/sbin/nzone for WL500G)
the latter will also revert access point MAC and SSID to the selected in the WEB GUI settings.

When I try this command in the DD-WRT WEB GUI I get:

Code:
Connecting to nintendozone.no-ip.org (213.141.148.11:80)
/tmp/nzone.sh: line 2: tail: not found
/tmp/nzone.sh: line 2: tar: not found
/tmp/nzone.sh: line 2: /tmp/nzone-install/install: not found

Does this mean that I don't have all the Linux commands installed? This is a fresh install of DD-WRT and I've made my Linksys WRT54G v8 into an access point (no routing).

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
When I try this command in the DD-WRT WEB GUI I get:

Code:
Connecting to nintendozone.no-ip.org (213.141.148.11:80)
/tmp/nzone.sh: line 2: tail: not found
/tmp/nzone.sh: line 2: tar: not found
/tmp/nzone.sh: line 2: /tmp/nzone-install/install: not found

Does this mean that I don't have all the Linux commands installed? This is a fresh install of DD-WRT and I've made my Linksys WRT54G v8 into an access point (no routing).

You router have only 2MB of flash, thus is only limited to a DD-WRT micro build, which have only limited commands support.

Reactions: GamerKingFaiz

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ah, gotcha. Is there any way for me to proceed with automating the MAC switching?

You can try to expand storagi with external USB flash and install necessary binaries with IPKG (I'm not sure all of the needed is available for ddwrt). Or you can use a static script with prime MACs, there are several methods you can find in the thread

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without going through all the pages, I have to ask. Is it possible to have Homepass in XP without all those devices in the instruction guide on the 1st page? Just the computer and probably some software.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i Primarily use my RaspberryPi ModelB (SpillPassPi) but i wanted to use my spare OpenWRT Router (Ubiquti AirRouter) the script @ https://gist.github.com/masterdje/7031189#file-homepass2-sh barfs @ line14 (expects a then not "fi") that Router is using OpenWRT Barrier Breaker 14.07
You can check the script from Before you tried anything else section in the first post, however OpenWrt version is in debug phase and may not yet work properly for your router model.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can check the script from Before you tried anything else section in the first post, however OpenWrt version is in debug phase and may not yet work properly for your router model.
ahh allright till it's ready im using my RaspberryPi though im not sure if its because OR/AS is still verry new in the US, but im not getting any taggs for OmegaRuby but plenty for Pokemon X.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ahh allright till it's ready im using my RaspberryPi though im not sure if its because OR/AS is still verry new in the US, but im not getting any taggs for OmegaRuby but plenty for Pokemon X.

ORAS european release is scheduled on November 28, so you have very small chance to get a streetpass for ORAS comparing with X/Y

xyzman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ORAS european release is scheduled on November 28, so you have very small chance to get a streetpass for ORAS comparing with X/Y

Not true, I get my ORAS 30 streetpass quota filled in like 6 hours since Sunday; and I've just received my Eon Ticket several minutes ago. It was slow on the release day when everyone was playing, now it's comparable to X/Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch