• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Help :(

I'm not sure what is going wrong. I'm getting no Streepass hits at all. I've set it all up and followed the Windows 7/8 guide point for point. Im not running Mac Cycler 5 and its swapping in new mac addresses etc. Still I get no street pass hits.

Whats happening?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Help :(

I'm not sure what is going wrong. I'm getting no Streepass hits at all. I've set it all up and followed the Windows 7/8 guide point for point. Im not running Mac Cycler 5 and its swapping in new mac addresses etc. Still I get no street pass hits.

Whats happening?
you need to check if your mac are changing sure, use a android app called wiieye i think thats what its called so check your mac address from attwifi. If its changing correctly then your 3ds is losing connectivity when the mac changes but well see i think your mac address isnt changing.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Is there an easier way to do this? I mean is there a way of doing this through a Virtual machine?
What you need to do is sniff the wifi network attwifi so see what kind of mac address it has, i think the only real way to be sure is with an outside device phone, ipod or something. Cause in many cases people have said that the computer tells them yea it changed the mac but when you sniff the attwifi it tells you that the address is different.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I'm currently following the guide again but this time on my desktop computer. I originally set it up on my girlfriends laptop.

This time I am running Windows 8.1 x64bit and I get to the part where it says to input the commands So I run the first one "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key=password" and that runs fine. However when I run the second command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" I get the following error message.

Below are my current network adapters

The one on the left is my Wired connection straight in to my router. The one on the Right is my Netgear USB Wireless dongle. - Installed correctly with the latest drivers.

Any help?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think thats a driver problem try unplugging your wifi usb or reinstall drivers just to make sure everythings okay. If i remember correctly i had that message as well messing with the drivers fixed it.
EDIT: also try stopping the hosted network and returning it to the same state as before i think there are commands for that.
Let me just ask so on your pc this is your first try?
I got it on my pc working but i couldn't get it to work on my girlfriends laptop. Cause laptops sometimes even if you use a wifi usb when you start a hosted network they start it from the ethernet card in the laptop not the wifi dongle. Even if your using a wired connection they will start the hosted network with the ethernet card inside the laptop on won't change that mac since alot of laptop cards don't allow that.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok, so I've just checked Netgears site and it looks like even though it's the latest version it still only supports XP and lower... I did get it working on Windows 7 though.

Anyway I'm going to go out and buy this tomorrow

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/netwo...0-usb-wireless-adapter-n300-21748976-pdt.html

Should it do the job?

Or could you recommend one for me off PC world site? - I have a Sky router btw.
hmmm wait don't buy that one cause we don't know if it can change macs, ask people here to recommend you a good wifi dongle that doesn't cost much that surely works. To buy them i think amazon is your best bed and ebay the uk ones i mean. I have a TP-link WN721N but that one took me ages to get working and its not easy and straightforward again driver problems. But i think i saw few people here with better ones, better solutions so they can help you :)

donny2112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
khaos@khaos-305E4A-305E5A-305E7A:~$ sudo wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh
[sudo] password for khaos:
--2014-05-23 01:15:42-- http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh
Resolving duke-srg.dyndns.org (duke-srg.dyndns.org)... 23.92.23.71
Connecting to duke-srg.dyndns.org (duke-srg.dyndns.org)|23.92.23.71|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2014-05-23 01:15:42 ERROR 404: Not Found.

server down?
Think that's the older location. See his post on page 10 for the newest location of the script.

wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://goo.gl/39fq1n

vigorousjammer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there guys, so... I'm having some trouble connecting to Personal macs and Nintendo Zone macs.
I'm able to macshift to the Prime Homepass macs manually, through a command prompt, with few issues, but when it comes to the other ones, it just seems to set me back to my default mac, at least with all of the macs I've tried thus far.
Any idea why this is happening? Could this just be a driver issue?
Anybody having any similar problems?

N3od3ath

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this has been asked before but is it possible to run this while the router is in client(aka repeater) mode.
I'm trying to set up a relay at work and we have to steal our internet from one of the other stores in the mall.

Ninja.24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, maybe someone can help me.

I have this set up on Windows 7 and have for the life of me not been able to get one of the auto MAC changers to work. I have repeatedly tried getting MacCycle to work, but even though it says it's working it never actually changes my MAC address.

Once I used Technitium Mac changer, it works just fine. I obviously would rather have the script running, but I have just not seen any success with it.

Has anyone else run into the problem of MacShift / MacCycle not working? Thanks!

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hello all, maybe someone can help me.

I have this set up on Windows 7 and have for the life of me not been able to get one of the auto MAC changers to work. I have repeatedly tried getting MacCycle to work, but even though it says it's working it never actually changes my MAC address.

Once I used Technitium Mac changer, it works just fine. I obviously would rather have the script running, but I have just not seen any success with it.

Has anyone else run into the problem of MacShift / MacCycle not working? Thanks!
Apparently TMac supports command line operations, so you could just rewrite the script to work with it.

Ninja.24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently TMac supports command line operations, so you could just rewrite the script to work with it.

Can you point me in the right direction to start that? It's above my head, but I believe with a quick push in the right direction I could figure it out.

Edit: Okay, I looked into it and I have the command line. Basically I can change it like this:

tmac -n Wireless -m 4e:53:50:4f:4f:24 -re

That changes the mac and restarts that adapter. Now I just need to script in a hostednetwork restart and an ability to wait a period of time before doing a new one. Help?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Can you point me in the right direction to start that? It's above my head, but I believe with a quick push in the right direction I could figure it out.

Edit: Okay, I looked into it and I have the command line. Basically I can change it like this:

tmac -n Wireless -m 4e:53:50:4f:4f:24 -re

That changes the mac and restarts that adapter. Now I just need to script in a hostednetwork restart and an ability to wait a period of time before doing a new one. Help?

So I guess it'll be something like:

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

tmac -n Wireless -m MAC1 -re
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
ping 6.6.6.6 -n 1 -w 100000 > nul

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

tmac -n Wireless -m MAC2 -re

I used ping to handle the timeout. It's set to 100s here.

Ninja.24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess it'll be something like:

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

tmac -n Wireless -m MAC1 -re

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

tmac -n Wireless -m MAC2 -re

I used ping to handle the timeout. It's set to 100s here.

So this works wonderfully except one thing:

When you use the command line to change the MAC address with TMAC it pops up a dialogue box confirming it was done successfully. The program won't continue until that it hit "Okay".

Solutions?

Edit: I found out. You can run it in silent mode disabling the popups with the flag -s.

Sorry for asking before diving into find it.

THANKS MUCH! <3

HelpIwantstreetpass

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm having trouble making the relay on my macbook pro. I am using a wireless connection with the laptop and I know I did everything else right. Do you have to use an ethernet cable? Some guides says you do but this guide says you can use 3g or another kind of connection.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
I have mine setup with a Windows 8.1 desktop machine. Ethernet cable connected directly to the router. Then I have a wireless dongle connecting to "attwifi".

Works for me with Macycle.

However for some reason it only gets spotpass hits from one or two MAC Addresses... i'm using the "prime addresses"

Any help.

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Hello there!

I have some troubles with my 3DS after the Win7 tutorial.
I created the attwifi network, shared my Internet connection, and the Status screen shows Internet for IPv4.
I can add it to my 3DS and the connection test pass. No edition of the DNS or IP config 3DS side.
Then I run MACycle (Prime MAC in order) and I can connect from my 3DS and my phone and access the Internet with the browser and the Nintendo Zone app is blinking.
Here, everything seems normal.

But I didn't hit any passes. I started investigating. On the fried list page I got an error 001-0804 (DNS error), so I tried to put Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4). Connection test passed again, but now I'm getting a weird error (from Friend List, MK7 and Miiverse): "The Nintendo eShop is currently unavailable. Please try again later.". However, at random times, I can connect to the Nintendo Network. But immediatly after it goes off.
And of course, still no streetpass =/

Any ideas? (I can use every online function with my "classic-non-homepass" wifi at home).
I'm sorry if there are similar solved problems, I'll continue my search and edit if I get something stable.

Thank you o/

guruFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello.
I have no Wi-Fi card, so I can't really use the PC guide. I was trying with my iphone, but I can't seem to find a tethering app that lets me change my MAC adress.

It's not really a support question, but I'd be very grateful if someone could direct me towards a good app, if it exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password