• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question?
Can i have 10/10 encounters on the mii plaza with homepass ?
Cause i only get 9/10 : a first batch of 6 from the first MAC address, then 3 from a second MAC address, then nothing from any new MAC address.
To get 10/10 i must complete with an actual 3DS !
Does the same happens to you?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Noob question?
Cause i only get 9/10 : a first batch of 6 from the first MAC address, then 3 from a second MAC address, then nothing from any new MAC address.

I get 6 at first then 1 with each new MAC.
Sometimes I get 6 twice in a row.

carloshmd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Noob question?
With one MAC change only? I don't think so, but after it changes a few times, you get 10 passes pretty fast.

GreyZ0mbie

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Does any Personal Mac's works with Windows 7 method? Looks like no, because I can't get any streetpass with any non Homepass Macs.

Also, does any of this Mac contain FEA team with second and master seal? :)

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A question: now that we have Gateway 2.2, is there a point in still using Homepass instead of Streetpass (putting aside the potential risks of ban)?

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
A question: now that we have Gateway 2.2, is there a point in still using Homepass instead of Streetpass (putting aside the potential risks of ban)?
O.o? Homepass is for people that cant use streetpass (by lazyness or cant find another 3DS) and gateway doesnt change anything on that.

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
O.o? Homepass is for people that cant use streetpass (by lazyness or cant find another 3DS) and gateway doesnt change anything on that.
... I think I had very confusing ideas regarding Homepass, but now I'm reading on the subject and my mind is clearer.
I do have a question though (I'm on a Mac): once I did my business (got stretpasses), should I remove the settings I've used? I'm referring to the "Internet Sharing" bit (for the Terminal part, I'll use the script "Relaymyhome").

kiefer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm struggling with the Mac OS X method. My OS is snow leopard (pre-lion). The connection that corresponds with my wireless address is en1.

I've tried "sudo ifconfig en1 Wi-Fi " plus my wireless card's mac address. I get the message "ifconfig: Wi-Fi: bad value" When I type "sudo ifconfig en1 ether " plus my mac address, nothing happens. It just leads me back to the xxxxx's-iMac:~ command. I've tried typing "ifconfig en0 |grep ether" and the mac address hasn't changed to the en1 address.

Is attwifi better then the SSID's on the list in the guide. Someone on here mentioned that "attwifi have no restrictions on some APs and 4E at the first octet have no restriction on Windows 7/Vista, so we all will have more diversity with StreetPass."

How do I know which channel to use? I have many wifi devices around the house.

Does modifying internet sharing affect the speed of torrents/internet/streaming. Likewise, does changing the mac address in terminal affect these? Does the MAC address definitely change back after rebooting? I don't wan't to cause irreversible changes, as it isn't my computer that I'm using.

Is it important to record your previous internet sharing settings, to reverse them after using the streetpass relay?

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm struggling with the Mac OS X method. My OS is snow leopard (pre-lion). The connection that corresponds with my wireless address is en1.

I've tried "sudo ifconfig en1 Wi-Fi " plus my wireless card's mac address. I get the message "ifconfig: Wi-Fi: bad value" When I type "sudo ifconfig en1 ether " plus my mac address, nothing happens. It just leads me back to the xxxxx's-iMac:~ command. I've tried typing "ifconfig en0 |grep ether" and the mac address hasn't changed to the en1 address.

Is attwifi better then the SSID's on the list in the guide. Someone on here mentioned that "attwifi have no restrictions on some APs and 4E at the first octet have no restriction on Windows 7/Vista, so we all will have more diversity with StreetPass."

Does modifying internet sharing affect the speed of torrents/internet/streaming. Likewise, does changing the mac address in terminal affect these? Does the MAC address definitely change back after rebooting? I don't wan't to cause irreversible changes, as it isn't my computer that I'm using.

Is it important to record your previous internet sharing settings, to reverse them after using the streetpass relay?

Have you tried using this script? I'm going to try it, see if it helps.

DrB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm also trying (and failing) to get this to work under Snow Leopard on a Mac Mini. If I set up Internet Sharing between the ethernet and the airport, and set the airport SSID to attwifi, then my 3DS can see the attwifi network and connect to Nintendo Zone. The problem occurs when I try to change the MAC address.

As far as I can tell from the instructions, 'en0' is the built-in ethernet, and 'en1' is the airport wifi (at least on my system). So, 'sudo ifconfig en1 ether xx:xx:xx:xx' should change the MAC of the airport. Typing 'ifconfig en0 | grep ether' will return the value of the built-in ethernet since that is 'en0'. If you type 'ifconfig en1 | grep ether' instead, it should show you the changed MAC address of the airport. All the command is doing is selectively showing you part of the ifconfig info. If you just type 'ifconfig', it'll show you the entire list and you can see both en0 and en1.

Now, I've tried manually changing it with ifconfig, and cycling with various scripts such as relaymyhome and homepasser. MacDaddyX is an app that will also let you change either en0 or en1 through a gui. The thing is, as soon as I change the MAC on the airport, it seems to kill the connection between the ethernet and the airport so I never get a Streetpass. The internet sharing is still active but if I turn my 3DS back on, it can no longer connect to the internet. I can cycle the If I change the airport MAC address back to the original settings, I can connect again but of course I'm not running any of the spoofed MAC addresses.

I'm completely stuck at this point. Has anyone gotten this to work on OSX, or is this a Snow Leopard issue?

KhaosZeroX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
khaos@khaos-305E4A-305E5A-305E7A:~$ sudo wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh
[sudo] password for khaos:
--2014-05-23 01:15:42-- http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh
Resolving duke-srg.dyndns.org (duke-srg.dyndns.org)... 23.92.23.71
Connecting to duke-srg.dyndns.org (duke-srg.dyndns.org)|23.92.23.71|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2014-05-23 01:15:42 ERROR 404: Not Found.

server down?

vigorousjammer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I downloaded Virtual Router and MACpass...

I set up the IP and the DNS settings as described in DarkKnight's guide, and made sure the SSID was set to "attwifi"
This gave me the "Nintendo Zone is available" prompt, and my 3DS keeps popping up and disappearing in the Virtual Router window (I'm guessing it checks for streetpasses quickly and then disconnects, instead of keeping a consistent connection to the hotspot.)
I've successfully been changing my mac addresses using MACpass. It'll change the MAC address for my usb wifi adapter (Named "Wi-Fi"), as well as the virtual network (named "attwifi") at the same time, just like it should.
This has allowed me to get streetpasses successfully ONCE after cycling through about 50 different MAC addresses.
That seems kind of high... so I thought there might be a problem. Then I noticed something:

The MAC Addresses that are listed are ever so slightly different from each other. "attwifi" always has one character that is different from "Wi-Fi"
For example: If MACpass is attempting to change the MAC to "4E-53-50-4F-4F-4E", then "Wi-Fi" will show it correctly, as "4E-53-50-4F-4F-4E", However, "attwifi" instead, shows it as ""4E-53-50-4F-4F-4F"
It's always the last character that ends up getting changed, and I have to wonder if that means I only successfully access a correct MAC address sometimes, while the rest of the time, it's just cycling to random, useless MACs, and I'm sitting there twiddling my thumbs.
If anybody has any insight into this, it would be much appreciated.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, I downloaded Virtual Router and MACpass...

I set up the IP and the DNS settings as described in DarkKnight's guide, and made sure the SSID was set to "attwifi"
This gave me the "Nintendo Zone is available" prompt, and my 3DS keeps popping up and disappearing in the Virtual Router window (I'm guessing it checks for streetpasses quickly and then disconnects, instead of keeping a consistent connection to the hotspot.)
I've successfully been changing my mac addresses using MACpass. It'll change the MAC address for my usb wifi adapter (Named "Wi-Fi"), as well as the virtual network (named "attwifi") at the same time, just like it should.
This has allowed me to get streetpasses successfully ONCE after cycling through about 50 different MAC addresses.
That seems kind of high... so I thought there might be a problem. Then I noticed something:

The MAC Addresses that are listed are ever so slightly different from each other. "attwifi" always has one character that is different from "Wi-Fi"
For example: If MACpass is attempting to change the MAC to "4E-53-50-4F-4F-4E", then "Wi-Fi" will show it correctly, as "4E-53-50-4F-4F-4E", However, "attwifi" instead, shows it as ""4E-53-50-4F-4F-4F"
It's always the last character that ends up getting changed, and I have to wonder if that means I only successfully access a correct MAC address sometimes, while the rest of the time, it's just cycling to random, useless MACs, and I'm sitting there twiddling my thumbs.
If anybody has any insight into this, it would be much appreciated.
first to make sure its not virtual or any other software use cmd to start your hosted network and dont use any cyclers try changing your mac with macshift. if that still doesn't work its probably a driver problem with your wifi stick or something. what are you using?
try updating the drivers use the latest not the generic ones from windows.

vigorousjammer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first to make sure its not virtual or any other software use cmd to start your hosted network and dont use any cyclers try changing your mac with macshift. if that still doesn't work its probably a driver problem with your wifi stick or something. what are you using?
try updating the drivers use the latest not the generic ones from windows.

Well, it still seems to be happening, even after doing everything manually.
Of course, if I do it manually, I'm able to purposefully change the last character to something else to make sure a proper mac gets inserted into "attwifi", even if it doesn't match with "Wi-Fi".
Still, though, doing it manually is a hassle, and I'd much rather use a cycler.

That seems kind of impossible, though, without updating the drivers.
The problem is, I'm not sure what usb adapter I'm using, or even the brand name. It's just a little cheap one from china, and it doesn't even have any text on it besides "802.11n" so I'm not sure if it even has specific drivers to update... and if it does, I wouldn't know where to find them.
Are there perhaps any generic drivers that aren't the standard ones installed from Windows that would perhaps work better for this kind of thing?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, it still seems to be happening, even after doing everything manually.
Of course, if I do it manually, I'm able to purposefully change the last character to something else to make sure a proper mac gets inserted into "attwifi", even if it doesn't match with "Wi-Fi".
Still, though, doing it manually is a hassle, and I'd much rather use a cycler.

That seems kind of impossible, though, without updating the drivers.
The problem is, I'm not sure what usb adapter I'm using, or even the brand name. It's just a little cheap one from china, and it doesn't even have any text on it besides "802.11n" so I'm not sure if it even has specific drivers to update... and if it does, I wouldn't know where to find them.
Are there perhaps any generic drivers that aren't the standard ones installed from Windows that would perhaps work better for this kind of thing?
Well thats it then its your usb wifi cause the "Wi-Fi" and "attwifi" are coming from the adapter and obviously they arent made to change macs like that so the drivers for it are not working properly or windows just "doesn't like it". But i would say you are lucky since not many people seem to get it to work with all kinds of adapters and wifi cards.
If i were you just cycle through the prime mac list once every day that should give you all the streetpasses you need. You don't need to cycle through all the mac on the list cause you won't get hits in more than half of them (if i remember correctly). Just use the prime ones i think most people cycle through them mostly and thats were all the hits are :)

Reactions: vigorousjammer

vigorousjammer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thats it then its your usb wifi cause the "Wi-Fi" and "attwifi" are coming from the adapter and obviously they arent made to change macs like that so the drivers for it are not working properly or windows just "doesn't like it". But i would say you are lucky since not many people seem to get it to work with all kinds of adapters and wifi cards.
If i were you just cycle through the prime mac list once every day that should give you all the streetpasses you need. You don't need to cycle through all the mac on the list cause you won't get hits in more than half of them (if i remember correctly). Just use the prime ones i think most people cycle through them mostly and thats were all the hits are :)

Thanks! Yeah, I guess it's not too bad, since it seems like I get around 3-6 miis each time I change it using the prime macs. Thanks for the help! ^_^

Reactions: DarkKnigh_t
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why do i see some little songs at @shaunj66 's profile page?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sonics*
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sonics*