Status
Not open for further replies.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Are you trying to do this because of the distribution over the Paris Center? Wasn't it local?

yeah.

I didn't know if that it's local.
Was electabuzz local?

If it was the same kind of release, the same method should work.

If it was using a Cart to distribute,
I'm hoping that someone dumps the ROM.

I've got ideas for different scenarios HEEHE ^^

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Previously, by renaming attwifi to NintendoSpotPass4,
and the MAC from stores in Europe that are giving out Magmar/Electabuzz over Wireless/Internet (not coupon code),

Members on gbatemp used the that MAC to receive the wondercards for the comfort of their own houses.

I was thinking that we can do the same now ;)

Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-eolcycler-v3-1g-pokemon-ac-hotpass.365775/

we use router so only we know the mac adress,then we can test it
but the 3ds-eolcycler is not for router
anyone can dump mac adress?

danielkillsya2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got everything fine until I actually tried to get some streetpasses. It says I am connected to a "Nintendo network" on my 3DS, I changed my MAC to the prime one on the list, and I am not getting any tags. Also, for some odd reason the connection keeps going on and off. (It says "Internet" and then after around 10 seconds it disconnects me back to "Streetpass" and then it just repeats that.)
I have done a connection test, and it connects successfully with no problems.

I could use a little push in the right direction here, I'm guessing I either missed something or did it wrong.

Edit: Also Tried the Kid Icarus MAC, that had the same results.
I also used cmd to confirm that my Ethernet's MAC had correctly changed, it had.
4E53504F4F4B is the MAC I am currently using, the Kid Icarus one.
Using windows 8.

AskaLangly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use the WiFi USB Adapter on Ubuntu?
Only asking this because right now, it's a pain-in-the-ass to edit my router's settings (a router-to-router setup: using my wireless router with a static IP, connected to a wired-only router-modem).

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is HomePass working for you guys anymore? I'm connecting like I normally used to, but then after about 15 secs it disconnects. This is happening with all the MAC locations I used to have no problem with.

So it seems I can connect, but then it's like my connection is getting booted from the location site. Is Nintendo finally doing something about this? :(

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is HomePass working for you guys anymore? I'm connecting like I normally used to, but then after about 15 secs it disconnects. This is happening with all the MAC locations I used to have no problem with.

So it seems I can connect, but then it's like my connection is getting booted from the location site. Is Nintendo finally doing something about this? :(

Just tested it and it still works fine here.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it possible to use the WiFi USB Adapter on Ubuntu?
Only asking this because right now, it's a pain-in-the-ass to edit my router's settings (a router-to-router setup: using my wireless router with a static IP, connected to a wired-only router-modem).
Thats how its made on ubuntu :)

danielkillsya2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get mine working. I connect to the attwifi to get tags. However... I don't actually get the tags until I reconnect to my router, Then all the tags happen at once.
I woke up this morning with 9 tags, and I plan to add more MAC's to my macycler really soon. (I REALLY want to complete Find Mii II so I don't have to deal with it anymore xD)

hypercoyote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with my Homepass now, I'm not pulling anything and it's worked fine in the past. I haven't used it in a while but I didn't make any config changes. I did notice that the site 'duke-srg.dyndns.org' is down because their DynDNS entry has been revoked. I don't know if it's required to pull from that periodically, but I wonder if that's the issue. I assume it was pulling my MAC database from there.

EDIT: Why is it when you search for something for an hour, then finally post about it, that you find the result almost immediately afterwards....I left out the details, but I was running a DD-WRT setup where it would auto-rotate my MAC using a Cron job. Apparently the guy who was doing it shut down, so there's a new config, for anyone who was using it.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-10#post-4739510

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to Tomodachi Life, I fired up Homepass for the first time since the last Puzzle Swap puzzle was sent. Whoever MARIO TAS is, he's on every mac address. Douche. He was on it last time, too.

I've had no problems other than that. Cyclers suck unless they cycle randomly.

hypercoyote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to Tomodachi Life, I fired up Homepass for the first time since the last Puzzle Swap puzzle was sent. Whoever MARIO TAS is, he's on every mac address. Douche. He was on it last time, too.

I've had no problems other than that. Cyclers suck unless they cycle randomly.

Supposedly this cycler calculates how many MACs are in the database and cycles accordingly to avoid that. But if you see hypercoyote on there 50 times, I apologize.

GreatMightySymp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea why my WRT54GL (mini build) setup isn't working anymore? It stopped working about 5-6 days ago.

I get this error when I try using that v4 script linked to a couple posts above:

Connecting to goo.gl (74.125.229.201:80)
sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found

Metheos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to try this out today. I have a router running tomato 1.28 ND. Actually is wasn't running ND, but I had to upgrade it to ND for the mac changing to take effect without having to commit nvram and restart services. So be aware that ND is more or less a requirement.

I had to change the random function for it to work on Tomato since it does not have hexdump or equivalent, you can see my version of the script below. The line that I changed was:
Code:
RANDOM=$(awk 'BEGIN { srand();  print int(1 + rand() * 100000); }')

Code:
#!/bin/sh
URL=http://nintendozone.no-ip.org?
MACS=/tmp/nzone.macs
SPDELAY=480
MACNUM=0
[ -f $MACS ] && MACNUM=$(grep -v x $MACS | wc -l) && DELAY=$((($(date +%s)-$(date -r $MACS +%s))/60))
[ $MACNUM = 0 ] && NEWMACS=$(wget -q -O - $URL$1)
[ $(echo -n "$NEWMACS" | wc -c) != 0 ] && echo "$NEWMACS" > $MACS && MACNUM=$(cat $MACS | wc -l)
[ -z $DELAY ] && DELAY=$SPDELAY
[ $MACNUM = 0 ] && sed -ri "s/x(.*)/\1/" $MACS && MACNUM=$(grep -v x $MACS | wc -l)
MACTOTAL=$(cat $MACS | wc -l)
[ $MACNUM = 0 ] || ([ $MACTOTAL -lt $SPDELAY ] && [ $DELAY -lt $(($SPDELAY/$MACTOTAL)) ]) && exit
RANDOM=$(awk 'BEGIN { srand();  print int(1 + rand() * 100000); }')
MAC=$(grep -v x $MACS | head -n $(($RANDOM%${MACNUM}+1)) | tail -n 1 | cut -d , -f 1)
sed -ri s/$MAC/x$MAC/ $MACS
ifconfig eth1 down
ifconfig eth1 hw ether $MAC
ifconfig eth1 up

I have this being echo'd out in the init script.

Code:
echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nURL=http://nintendozone.no-ip.org?\nMACS=/tmp/nzone.macs\nSPDELAY=480\nMACNUM=0\n[ -f \$MACS ] && MACNUM=\$(grep -v x \$MACS | wc -l) && DELAY=\$(((\$(date +%s)-\$(date -r \$MACS +%s))/60))\n[ \$MACNUM = 0 ] && NEWMACS=\$(wget -q -O - \$URL\$1)\n[ \$(echo -n \"\$NEWMACS\" | wc -c) != 0 ] && echo \"\$NEWMACS\" > \$MACS && MACNUM=\$(cat \$MACS | wc -l)\n[ -z \$DELAY ] && DELAY=\$SPDELAY\n[ \$MACNUM = 0 ] && sed -ri \"s/x(.*)/\\\\1/\" \$MACS && MACNUM=\$(grep -v x \$MACS | wc -l)\nMACTOTAL=\$(cat \$MACS | wc -l)\n[ \$MACNUM = 0 ] || ([ \$MACTOTAL -lt \$SPDELAY ] && [ \$DELAY -lt \$((\$SPDELAY/\$MACTOTAL)) ]) && exit\nRANDOM=\$(awk 'BEGIN { srand();  print int(1 + rand() * 100000); }')\nMAC=\$(grep -v x \$MACS | head -n \$((\$RANDOM%\${MACNUM}+1)) | tail -n 1 | cut -d , -f 1)\nsed -ri s/\$MAC/x\$MAC/ \$MACS\nifconfig eth1 down\nifconfig eth1 hw ether \$MAC\nifconfig eth1 up\nservice crond stop\nservice crond start\n" > /tmp/nzone; chmod +x /tmp/nzone

And it is ran from the scheduler every minute with this line.

Code:
/tmp/nzone BASE16,49,GBATEMP

BeNiSh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I want ask about mac cycler on DD-WRT router. it should works now? yesterday I made my homepass hotspot, but cycling doesnt works so I dont know is it becouse my mistake or still persist problem with end of no-ip.com free services. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: