pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to open it, it is an installation script with TAR archive inside. You need to make it runable and execute, read the menual carefully.
I have followed the setup, I was just trying to see if it was the issue(that's why I opened it up). I remember before when I set it up it would add itself to the cron jobs but its not doing that either. I'm going to try some different firmwares to see if the newest didn't like it and the oldest just can't. I just have to track them down(use to be easy for this router). It's deff downloading the script and it is setting it to be executable but it doesn't seem to want to run it.

Last edited by pbanj,

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have followed the setup, I was just trying to see if it was the issue(that's why I opened it up). I remember before when I set it up it would add itself to the cron jobs but its not doing that either. I'm going to try some different firmwares to see if the newest didn't like it and the oldest just can't. I just have to track them down(use to be easy for this router). It's deff downloading the script and it is setting it to be executable but it doesn't seem to want to run it.
Router have no will to "want" to run it. Either it is running, or you've got an error.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Router have no will to "want" to run it. Either it is running, or you've got an error.
What I meant by that was they could have changed something in the firmware that makes it not run(error out, someone has already said they had to use an older fw). Last time I ran it the firmware was from 2014 iirc. The firmware that I tried was from 2015(I never should have updated it lol) and it just doesn't work. The only older fw I was able to get my hands on was really old(iirc the build date is 2010). I need to find the firmware I was using last time it worked. I even tried with another router using a firmware from around the same time and newer and no luck with it. I plan on throwing firmware at them until it works but I wanted to make sure there wasn't an error with the script before I do that.

Merlinux

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if anyone have problems with the router that dont change the Mac addresses i have found a little fix ^^

after installing it with this command:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.dynu.net/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP

the Startup script is wrong
it hase the old URL=http://nintendozone.dynu.com in it.
Change it to .net and reboot and now its working again ^^

Code:
echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nWLINT=\$(nvram get wl0_ifname)\nWLMAC=\$(nvram get \${WLINT}_hwaddr)\nWLSSID=\$(nvram get \${WLINT}_ssid)\nJOBS=\$(nvram get cron_jobs)\nHOSTAPDCONF=/tmp/\${WLINT}_hostap.conf\nHOSTAPDPID=/var/run/\${WLINT}_hostapd.pid\nPS=\"ps\"\nURL=http://nintendozone.dynu.net?\nMACS=/tmp/\${0##*/}.macs\nSPDELAY=480\nMACNUM=0\nsetwl (){\n    ifconfig \$WLINT down hw ether \$1 up\n    sed -ri \"s/^(bssid=).*?/\\\\1\$1/;s/^(ssid=).*?/\\\\1\$2/\" \$HOSTAPDCONF\n    while ! hostapd -B -P \$HOSTAPDPID \$HOSTAPDCONF; do\n        PID=\$(\$PS | grep \$HOSTAPDPID | grep -v grep | sed 's/^ *//' | cut -d ' ' -f 1)\n        : \${PID:+\$(kill \$PID)}\n        sleep 1\n    done\n}\ncase \"\$1\" in\nstart)\n    echo starting \${0##*/}>&2\n    if [ -z \$2 ]; then\n        nvram set cron_jobs=\"\$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | sed -r s:#*\\(.*\$0.*\\):\\\\1:)\"\n    else\n        nvram set cron_jobs=\"\$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | grep -v \$1 | sed \"\\\$a* * * * * root \$0 \$2\")\"\n    fi\n;;\nstop)\n    echo stopping \${0##*/}>&2\n    setwl \$WLMAC \$WLSSID\n    nvram set cron_jobs=\"\$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | sed -r s:#*\\(.*\$0.*\\):#\\\\1:)\"\n;;\ntoggle)\n    if \$(\$0 status); then\n        \$0 stop\n    else\n        \$0 start\n    fi\n;;\nrestart)\n    \$0 stop\n    \$0 start\n;;\nreload|force-reload)\n    echo \${0##*/} MAC lists reloaded>&2\n    rm -f \$MACS\n;;\nstatus)\n    if \$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | grep \$0 | grep -qe '^#'); then\n        echo \${0##*/} is not running>&2\n        exit 1\n    else\n        echo \${0##*/} is running>&2\n        exit 0\n    fi\n;;\n*)\n    [ -f \$MACS ] && MACNUM=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | wc -l) && DELAY=\$(((\$(date +%s)-\$(date -r \$MACS +%s))/60))\n    [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] && NEWMACS=\$(wget -q -O - \$URL\$1)\n    [ \$(echo -n \"\$NEWMACS\" | wc -c) != 0 ] && echo \"\$NEWMACS\" > \$MACS && MACNUM=\$(cat \$MACS | wc -l)\n    [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] && sed -ri \"s/^x//\" \$MACS && MACNUM=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | wc -l)\n    MACTOTAL=\$(cat \$MACS | wc -l)\n    [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] || ([ \$MACTOTAL -lt \$SPDELAY ] && [ \${DELAY:-\$SPDELAY} -lt \$((\$SPDELAY/\$MACTOTAL)) ]) && exit\n    RANDOM=\$(head /dev/urandom | hexdump -d | head -n 1 | sed -r \"s/^([0-9]+ +0{0,4})+//\")\n    MAC=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | head -n \$((\$RANDOM%\${MACNUM}+1)) | tail -n 1)\n    sed -ri \"s/^\$MAC/x&/\" \$MACS\n    SSID=\$(echo \$MAC | cut -d , -f 2 -s)\n    MAC=\$(echo \$MAC | cut -d , -f 1)\n    : \${SSID:=\$WLSSID}\n    setwl \$MAC \$SSID\n;;\nesac\nstopservice cron\nstartservice cron\n" > /tmp/nzone; mkdir -p /tmp/etc/config; echo -e "#!/bin/sh\n/tmp/nzone toggle\n" > /tmp/etc/config/nzone.sesbutton; chmod +x /tmp/nzone /tmp/etc/config/nzone.sesbutton
Hi, can you explain me every step I have to do?
I have done
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.dynu.net/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP
and then I did the command spoiler code, but I get this:
Code:
bash: !/bin/sh\nWLINT=\$: event not found
What can I have to do?

NiteSite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.dynu.net/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE256,GBATEMP

nets this in dd-wrt:

echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nWLINT=\$(nvram get wl0_ifname)\nWLMAC=\$(nvram get wl0_hwaddr)\nWLSSID=\$(nvram get wl0_ssid)\nJOBS=\$(nvram get cron_jobs)\nURL=http://nintendozone.dynu.com?\nMACS=/tmp/\${0##*/}.macs\nSPDELAY=480\nMACNUM=0\nsetwl (){\n wl -i \$WLINT ssid | grep -q \"\\\"\$2\\\"\" || wl ssid \"\$2\" >/dev/null\n ifconfig \$WLINT down hw ether \$1 up\n}\ncase \"\$1\" in\nstart)\n echo starting \${0##*/}>&2\n if [ -z \$2 ]; then\n nvram set cron_jobs=\"\$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | sed -r s:#*\\(.*\$0.*\\):\\\\1:)\"\n else\n nvram set cron_jobs=\"\$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | grep -v \$1 | sed \"\\\$a* * * * * root \$0 \$2\")\"\n fi\n;;\nstop)\n echo stopping \${0##*/}>&2\n setwl \$WLMAC \$WLSSID\n nvram set cron_jobs=\"\$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | sed -r s:#*\\(.*\$0.*\\):#\\\\1:)\"\n;;\ntoggle)\n if \$(\$0 status); then\n \$0 stop\n else\n \$0 start\n fi\n;;\nrestart)\n \$0 stop\n \$0 start\n;;\nreload|force-reload)\n echo \${0##*/} MAC lists reloaded>&2\n rm -f \$MACS\n;;\nstatus)\n if \$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | grep \$0 | grep -qe '^#'); then\n echo \${0##*/} is not running>&2\n exit 1\n else\n echo \${0##*/} is running>&2\n exit 0\n fi\n;;\n*)\n [ -f \$MACS ] && MACNUM=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | wc -l) && DELAY=\$(((\$(date +%s)-\$(date -r \$MACS +%s))/60))\n [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] && NEWMACS=\$(wget -q -O - \$URL\$1)\n [ \$(echo -n \"\$NEWMACS\" | wc -c) != 0 ] && echo \"\$NEWMACS\" > \$MACS && MACNUM=\$(cat \$MACS | wc -l)\n [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] && sed -ri \"s/^x//\" \$MACS && MACNUM=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | wc -l)\n MACTOTAL=\$(cat \$MACS | wc -l)\n [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] || ([ \$MACTOTAL -lt \$SPDELAY ] && [ \${DELAY:-\$SPDELAY} -lt \$((\$SPDELAY/\$MACTOTAL)) ]) && exit\n RANDOM=\$(head /dev/urandom | hexdump -d | head -n 1 | sed -r \"s/^([0-9]+ +0{0,4})+//\")\n MAC=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | head -n \$((\$RANDOM%\${MACNUM}+1)) | tail -n 1)\n sed -ri \"s/^\$MAC/x&/\" \$MACS\n SSID=\$(echo \$MAC | cut -d , -f 2 -s)\n MAC=\$(echo \$MAC | cut -d , -f 1)\n : \${SSID:=\$WLSSID}\n setwl \$MAC \$SSID\n;;\nesac\nstopservice cron\nstartservice cron\n" > /tmp/nzone; mkdir -p /tmp/etc/config; echo -e "#!/bin/sh\n/tmp/nzone toggle\n" > /tmp/etc/config/nzone.sesbutton; chmod +x /tmp/nzone /tmp/etc/config/nzone.sesbutton

The issue being in this part of the code: echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nWLINT=\$(nvram get wl0_ifname)\nWLMAC=\$(nvram get wl0_hwaddr)\nWLSSID=\$(nvram get wl0_ssid)\nJOBS=\$(nvram get cron_jobs)\nURL=http://nintendozone.dynu.com?\nMACS=/tmp/

the wget code runs but still point to the .com website instead of the .net one.

*EDIT* WORK AROUND FIX - for those still having issues.

I personal went into the router command box and pasted the whole portion of code and changed the .com to .net. This has got me up and running for now!

Thanks to duke_srg for continued work on this awesomeness!

Last edited by NiteSite,

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the VMWARE way for 1 year for homepass but now it's not working anymore. I used last month without problem. Anyone know whats happened, anything changed last month? It seems there's no more mac cycle for me

EDIT:
I Figured out. Needed to change the URL from nzone file from nintendozone.no-ip.org to nintendozone.dynu.net

@duke_srg I don't know if you are the responsible for this domain, but please update the vmware file and change on page 10 the URLs to nintendozone.dynu.net (it's *.com there)

Thanks

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    11 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by raphamotta,

paper183

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using the VMWARE way for 1 year for homepass but now it's not working anymore. I used last month without problem. Anyone know whats happened, anything changed last month? It seems there's no more mac cycle for me

EDIT:
I Figured out. Needed to change the URL from nzone file from nintendozone.no-ip.org to nintendozone.dynu.net

@duke_srg I don't know if you are the responsible for this domain, but please update the vmware file and change on page 10 the URLs to nintendozone.dynu.net (it's *.com there)

Thanks

What's the root user and pass in the VM ?

frozenslayer

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi Guys,

I have successfully setup homepass using DD-WRT , however now I want to achieve mac cycle on it. However reading the contents of this thread I am failing to do it properly. Can anyone help me out, on how i can mac cycle using the DD-WRT router? and how will I know that if the mac cycle is functional? Thanks a lot guys, will appreciate all the help i can get.

Edit : I am using windows 8.1

Last edited by frozenslayer,

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Guys,

I have successfully setup homepass using DD-WRT , however now I want to achieve mac cycle on it. However reading the contents of this thread I am failing to do it properly. Can anyone help me out, on how i can mac cycle using the DD-WRT router? and how will I know that if the mac cycle is functional? Thanks a lot guys, will appreciate all the help i can get.

Edit : I am using windows 8.1

check the script there's a typo where dynu.net is still dynu.com
we already pasted the answer two time on last pages

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As on my DD wrt the wget does not seem to work, I have to manually copy the script into an sh file.
To optimize this i would like to have the ssids and their corresponding wpakeys.
Could anyone provide them please?
Maybe via PN
Thanks in advance and kind regards.
SnoOt

2ofdee

Trophies
XP
Country

EDIT:

Thanks

Can you explain exactly how you fixed it?

paper183

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you explain exactly how you fixed it?
(Be careful because you can break things with this account if you don't know what you're doing)

edit the file /etc/init.d/nzone with the following command

Code:
nano /etc/init.d/nzone

Go down a few lines you should see the url http://nintendozone.dynu.com?
change the .com to .net

And you should be good to go.

Also in my case my usb adapter was detected as wlan1 so I had to change this in the same file and also the /etc/wlan0_hostap.conf file had to be renamed and edited. You might not have to edit this though if yours is wlan0 which you can verify with the "ip a" command. (This file had the attwifi ssid which I changed to NZ@McD1)

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I'm running the cron job on a WRT54G and today I notice there is no street passes being distributed. I checked the last few pages and people seem to be having problems across all devices - is there something in specific I have to change in order for this to work again? Some people are saying it still works without having changed anything.

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
You have to change the url, as mentionned in the last few pages...

So I tried to telnet into my router and I used my login and it said incorrect login. I tried the root/notforall mentioned in the last page, and it also says its an incorrect login. I am supposed to be trying to telnet in, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc