Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Do you know if I copy over the XP-pro version of the netsh.exe if winXPse will accept it? I'd probably put it in a different directory or backup the original netsh.exe just in case though. Gonna have to look around for a site with the XP-pro version.

I don't really see how it would make a difference though. While MacCycle would then work, what good is that if I can't even get a hit off the main 4e:53:50:4f:4f:46 by using Technitium to set my mac.

Oh well. Shot in the dark is better than nothing.
Using Technitium and SMAC 2.7beta I manage to change the mac address to 4e:53:50:4f:4f:46 BUT, the mac address that is broadcasted is 6e:53:50:4f:4f:46 so it doesn't work.

Pip'

Nick H

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you know if I copy over the XP-pro version of the netsh.exe if winXPse will accept it? I'd probably put it in a different directory or backup the original netsh.exe just in case though. Gonna have to look around for a site with the XP-pro version.

I don't really see how it would make a difference though. While MacCycle would then work, what good is that if I can't even get a hit off the main 4e:53:50:4f:4f:46 by using Technitium to set my mac.

Oh well. Shot in the dark is better than nothing.

Honestly, I don't know. Maybe worth a punt unless anyone else can advise otherwise.

A shot in the dark is the only hope i've got for getting this to work for me i think. I've spent a week trying to configure every possible permutation but to no avail :cry:

I've installed and checked almost every 64-bit Atheros driver released from XP to Windows 8 (I'm running Win 7 HP). Most drivers pre Win 7 either don't support hosted networks (which means no virtual miniport adapter) or when they do, the hosted network cannot be started again after spoofing the MAC on the Wireless card. The version i have at the moment, Qualcomm v10.0.0.75, allows me to restart the hosted network (attwifi) after manually changing the wireless card MAC but the MAC address for the virtual adapter (the attwifi connection) changes the first digit to a 2. i.e. I change the MAC on the wireless card to 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46 but this makes the virtual connection's MAC 2E:53:50:4F:4F:46. Alas, I think I am beaten...

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've installed and checked almost every 64-bit Atheros driver released from XP to Windows 8 (I'm running Win 7 HP). Most drivers pre Win 7 either don't support hosted networks (which means no virtual miniport adapter) or when they do, the hosted network cannot be started again after spoofing the MAC on the Wireless card. The version i have at the moment, Qualcomm v10.0.0.75, allows me to restart the hosted network (attwifi) after manually changing the wireless card MAC but the MAC address for the virtual adapter (the attwifi connection) changes the first digit to a 2. i.e. I change the MAC on the wireless card to 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46 but this makes the virtual connection's MAC 2E:53:50:4F:4F:46. Alas, I think I am beaten...

Using Technitium and SMAC 2.7beta I manage to change the mac address to 4e:53:50:4f:4f:46 BUT, the mac address that is broadcasted is 6e:53:50:4f:4f:46 so it doesn't work.

Pip'
It seems we have the same problem. Well almost !

Pip'

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
It seems we have the same problem. Well almost !

Pip'
I can get streetpasses using the 2e prefix. Just tested on 2E:53:50:4F:4F:88 and it worked. (same with 6E:53:50:4F:4F:88 Pip)
There are a surprising amount of people with Atheros chipsets/Win 7 using homepass so this is not surprising. I used to be one of them and got hits all the time with 2e macs.

So NickH & Pip, you may need to look at the possibility the problem with your setup lies elsewhere besides improper macs.

RapierDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can get streetpasses using the 2e prefix. Just tested on 2E:53:50:4F:4F:88 and it worked. (same with 6E:53:50:4F:4F:88 Pip)
There are a surprising amount of people with Atheros chipsets/Win 7 using homepass so this is not surprising. I used to be one of them and got hits all the time with 2e macs.

So NickH & Pip, you may need to look at the possibility the problem with your setup lies elsewhere besides improper macs.

I dl'd and ran SMAC... and my MAC is whatever I tell Technitium to set it as, so the MAC is right. So its got to be something else for me, probably that I'm on winXPse.

All I can find are netsh.exe's that either require a higher version of windows (like 7/8/9) or versions without the wlan command, or those ANNOYING "advert/fix-it/garbage" programs.

Anyone out there have the xp-pro version of netsh.exe that has the wlan comand and can email it to me? PM me and I'll send my email to you.

RapierDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wierdness. In the last 6 hours I suddenly got 6 hits... but the exterior "you got streetpass'ed" green light didn't come on. I had given up so I left my unit in sleep mode, but then when I opened it, I noticed the notification light was on in the upper-part of the screen. I was able to actually greate the exterior green light came on.

I guess once I seed my mii on a MAC taking over a day before I get counter-hit.

Nick H

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Really? I've only just got around to reinstalling the drivers that allow me to do this so I will have another go with it today. Perhaps I need to concentrate on the bit after this, making sure the shared connection is doing its job. Also with this arrangement were you doing it wired or wireless? I've mainly been doing it wired, so maybe that will have an effect on this. I'll keep you all posted.

Ah, before I go, are you using virtual router? I've found it just keeps getting in the way and the connection will authenticate my 3DS without it, so I've abandoned it now.

Nick H

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wierdness. In the last 6 hours I suddenly got 6 hits... but the exterior "you got streetpass'ed" green light didn't come on. I had given up so I left my unit in sleep mode, but then when I opened it, I noticed the notification light was on in the upper-part of the screen. I was able to actually greate the exterior green light came on.

I guess once I seed my mii on a MAC taking over a day before I get counter-hit.
Very strange, it's the green light I've been looking out for, like you naturally would! Ok, it seems I'm almost there!

Well done though! Succeeding despite adversity!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Really? I've only just got around to reinstalling the drivers that allow me to do this so I will have another go with it today. Perhaps I need to concentrate on the bit after this, making sure the shared connection is doing its job. Also with this arrangement were you doing it wired or wireless? I've mainly been doing it wired, so maybe that will have an effect on this. I'll keep you all posted.

Ah, before I go, are you using virtual router? I've found it just keeps getting in the way and the connection will authenticate my 3DS without it, so I've abandoned it now.
I was doing it with wireless with virtual miniport. Basically that's using the same internal card for both internet connection and access point. Virtual Router Manager is a POS that just feeds the command line stuff to Windows, and yet somehow makes the process more difficult and error prone. You're right in concluding it just gets in the way.

Nick H

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was doing it with wireless with virtual miniport. Basically that's using the same internal card for both internet connection and access point. Virtual Router Manager is a POS that just feeds the command line stuff to Windows, and yet somehow makes the process more difficult and error prone. You're right in concluding it just gets in the way.

Wow. It works! I made it wireless, shared the connection, put the 3DS in sleep mode and 30 secs later - BOOM! If anyone is having problems with the Atheros AR9285 wireless card with Win 7, you need to download driver version 10.0.0.75 from Atheros.cz, it's a Qualcomm driver. This will enable you to spoof the MAC and restart the attwifi connection. The MAC address of the attwifi connection will be the same as the one you're trying to spoof except that the first digit will change. This doesn't matter as long as the MAC of the Atheros wireless card (Wi-FI) has been spoofed to the correct MAC i.e. 4E53504f4f46. The cycler does disconnect my internet connection, but I can manage that manually between cycles by simply reconnecting to the internet.

Guys, thanks for all of your help. Happy streetpassing!

Reactions: Snailface

zenriko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Feel free to put a rundown on how to get this to work with a TP-Link WN851ND on windows 7 x64. I just wasted time putting the adapter in an XP machine, to find that virtual router (or any generic form of wifi hotspot capability) is nil.
I think by the time i get this working I won't even need it anymore #bravelydefault

zenriko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have got success with the dd-wrt router method, if anyone else is reading this and had the same issues as I did, i'd recommend it - just be sure to read the instructions and execute them accurately!

oooharuooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me !!!
I tried on Android, but don't understand in step " 3.f) check Wifi-driver reload and Wifi-driver reload 2 ", where is Wifi- driver, I searched the Wifi Tether, but no Wifi driver ??? Is it on 3ds or what ????

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I
Please help me !!!
I tried on Android, but don't understand in step " 3.f) check Wifi-driver reload and Wifi-driver reload 2 ", where is Wifi- driver, I searched the Wifi Tether, but no Wifi driver ??? Is it on 3ds or what ????

I was looking for that part also about the wifi driver but couldn't find where the setting was, if I get this set up and working on the bravely default would I get more villagers from the relay?..................sudeki300

oooharuooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I

I was looking for that part also about the wifi driver but couldn't find where the setting was, if I get this set up and working on the bravely default would I get more villagers from the relay?..................sudeki300
it will work if gateway publish 2.02, because right now fw 7.0 doesn't work with Bravely default

Reactions: sudeki300

oooharuooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i will have to wait for the gateway update before using the home relay then..............sudeki300
I think so, since the <4.5 gateway doesn't allow you to connect to online, so you can't use streetpass . The only way to use it is update to a newest version 7.0; however,7.0 can't play Bravely Default, so just wait :D Play other games

RapierDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Went and bought a d-link n150 router (model dir-601). Unfortunately its hardware version "b", and dd-wrt only has support for version "a" (same model, just a slightly older chipset) so hopefully they'll have the download for the newer "b" version up and working soon.

So far my 3ds detects the dir-601 (niny zone lights up, but no pages/hits) but I'm still learning all the settings. Gonna hope I can get it (rather than the niny usb wifi-adapt) cause it has more options and I can at least set some security by allowing only certain MAC's (good 30 or 40 boxes for MAC addy's, letting me put the main created home-pass ones and some popular McDonalds ones).

Also managed to score an actual nintendo wifi usb adaptor at a local used-goods type place. I think the version of the asus soft-ap must have a bug, cause I set it up and it says "fail: add (x) and (y) to network bridge, then click apply again", but then I do exactly what it says, and it says to REMOVE the same stuff from teh bridge and then hit apply again (in and out, in and out, like its having virtual wifi-bridge sex or something). Makes me wonder if I should reboot, cause it doesn't say to reboot/.

D

Deleted User

Now that the new iOS 7 jailbreak came out, is there anyway I can use an iPhone to make a homemade StreetPass relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I just got friendzoned by the girl i like :sleep:
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :ohnoes: oh wait.. Here they are. Thought I lost my Chips Ahoy cookies :cry:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And...