OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
WiiWouldLikeToPlay said:
BIG MOE said:
WiiWouldLikeToPlay said:
Okay I am a complete noob at this and would like some noob questions to be answered please
smile.gif

I have version 3.3U so once I do Twilight Hack, I should downgrade to 3.2U correct?
What is installed on discs and what is installed from SD card?
What is a wad?
Is there any thing else I should know or do once I have Starfall and HBC installed?'

Thanks again, sorry if I'm a noob at this. Lol I'm new too this wii stuff even though I've had it for like a year and a half. Anyways, thanks AGAIN I appreciate it.

all files after the TPHack is installed from SD Card with internet connections , the Wads usually are files for installation and it's located in the WAD folder in the root of your SD Card and run via WadManagerv1.3 from the HBC for either installation or uninstallation , after you install HBC and Starfall you are on the safe side , so it's up to you , Gamma loader is your next install I believe and it's up to you from here
wink.gif

Okay, thanks
smile.gif
But now, I followed all the steps then loaded the save file on TP, and talked to old man. I pressed accept, now it says Wad manager 1.3 on top and Tekno consolas. It is telling me which wad do I want to run? Idk which one to pick, I thought it was just supposed to reset. Thanks

ok in your case , remove (boot.dol & boot.elf) from the root of your SD Card and put (boot.dol) for LBC from this link http://rapidshare.com/files/170002327/boot.dol in the root of SD Card and run the TPH again to install the HBC once finished all installation switch back the boot.dol files so you can have WadManager1.3 boot.dol in the root for recovery
wink.gif
enjoy

WiiWouldLikeToPl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Thanks so much for all your help
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I now have everything I needed. And, 1 last question, which apps/wads can I delete now that I've done everything I needed?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
WiiWouldLikeToPlay said:
Wow! Thanks so much for all your help
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I now have everything I needed. And, 1 last question, which apps/wads can I delete now that I've done everything I needed?
you welcome , glad for you , everything you have is needed sooner or later depend on you , enjoy
wink.gif

meds06

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BIG MOE said:
you actually still able to downgrade to 3.2 and install Starfall ,it's more secure and brick proof , just use CiosDowngrader1.0 and after downgrading reboot your system and run Starfall from the homebrew Channel and follow instructions , for any more help please comeback
wink.gif

Great it worked without a hitch. Thank you Big Moe! I confirm Rapala fishing frenzy works well with Launcher Gamma NTSC!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
meds06 said:
BIG MOE said:
you actually still able to downgrade to 3.2 and install Starfall ,it's more secure and brick proof , just use CiosDowngrader1.0 and after downgrading reboot your system and run Starfall from the homebrew Channel and follow instructions , for any more help please comeback
wink.gif

Great it worked without a hitch. Thank you Big Moe! I confirm Rapala fishing frenzy works well with Launcher Gamma NTSC!

you welcome buddy , happy for you , enjoy the new world you just opened your Wii to
wink.gif

jackiechen88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mm...
just a question....
i got Japanese Wii Consle... wanna play Eu Wii Fit...
Screen size seems not quit fit properly...
so... is there any program to fix up this issue?

jackiechen88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
also..
my wii is Japanese version...
i have sucessfully downgrade to 3.2j..
now...
so wondering.. do i have to instal
stallfall(no because of J region),but what about WiiShop and ISO51, WiiGator and Softchip

jackiechen88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after downgrade to 3.2j....
i am still unable to play Wii Fit (Eu) on my Japanese consle...(black out, freeze)
but however, it works if i run under Regional free in HBC...
my consle is modified with WiiKey1... with 1.9s version.....
any clud?

pepetronco

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all thanks BIG MOE for this tutorial, it rules. I am having a little problem, that might be an easy answer. When I install Starfall it runs ok. When I come to the last part, when I have to connect the GC controller and have Y pressed, when zelda boots and I talk to the guy, It does not load WadManager it loads HBC installation again. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
jackiechen88 said:
mm...
just a question....
i got Japanese Wii Consle... wanna play Eu Wii Fit...
Screen size seems not quit fit properly...
so... is there any program to fix up this issue?
try to adjust the settings on the loader from forcing into vidpatch and what not , but I'm wondering is there any WiiFit Jap , like why you wanna play A pal game on jap system , personally with out Starfall I don't recommend it
smile.gif

jackiechen88 said:
also..
my wii is Japanese version...
i have sucessfully downgrade to 3.2j..
now...
so wondering.. do i have to instal
stallfall(no because of J region),but what about WiiShop and ISO51, WiiGator and Softchip

now Starfall is a no go in your case but everything else work fine , so you can install all but Starfall .

jackiechen88 said:
after downgrade to 3.2j....
i am still unable to play Wii Fit (Eu) on my Japanese consle...(black out, freeze)
but however, it works if i run under Regional free in HBC...
my consle is modified with WiiKey1... with 1.9s version.....
any clud?
ok will run it via the chip with out the loader , I guess it should work better for you cause your chip should be supporting region free , right ??

QUOTE(pepetronco @ Dec 4 2008, 03:22 PM)
First of all thanks BIG MOE for this tutorial, it rules. I am having a little problem, that might be an easy answer. When I install Starfall it runs ok. When I come to the last part, when I have to connect the GC controller and have Y pressed, when zelda boots and I talk to the guy, It does not load WadManager it loads HBC installation again. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

ok to solve that just by deleting the boot.dol in the root of your SD card and replacing it with a copy of Boot.dol from the Wad Manager 1.3 folder inside the apps folder so it will be this way :

x:/apps/Wad Manager V1.3/boot.dol
l
l
\/

x:/boot.dol

and it should boot to the Wad Manager V1.3 now when you try it
wink.gif
enjoy

johnelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide Big Moe. I have a quick question. So I can run the TP Hack without internet connection and install the Homebrew Channel, but need an internet connection to install the wads?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
johnelee said:
Thanks for the guide Big Moe. I have a quick question. So I can run the TP Hack without internet connection and install the Homebrew Channel, but need an internet connection to install the wads?
that is correct , and for downgrade or upgrade internet is needed .

atmos1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi Big Moe, I am new at this, and I have been trying to get "Big Moe installer v2" but I failed to find it... is there any way I can get the file? Great work! please send me a PM.

Regards

atmos1

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
atmos1 said:
Hi Big Moe, I am new at this, and I have been trying to get "Big Moe installer v2" but I failed to find it... is there any way I can get the file? Great work! please send me a PM.

Regards

atmos1

sorry I'm at work , please send me a PM and I will reply as soon as I get Home , thanks
wink.gif
and please no one ask for a link on this thread , for more info beside support send me a PM please , thanks to all
wink.gif

jamesalfred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can someone help me? I have a JAP Wii with 3.3J firmware. And, I think it's 3.3v2..... Because I got an error message when trying to install CIOS_fix (with WAD Manager 16 of course). Also, I couldn't downgrade with CIOS downgrader. The CIOS16 was already installed fine. What should I do? Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, my Wii isn't D2C. I think it's the first generation, what's it called.....ermm..... Well, does this effect the downgrade?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ok restart your router and your Wii and try to reinstall cios_fix via WadManager16 and tell me what error does it give you ??

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BIG MOE said:
*Wiishop and IOS51 Installation:

1- Go to HBC and run (6-IOS51 Installer) and please say yes to installing IOS51 and yes to
patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel.
2- Go to HBC and run (7-Wiishop Installer) this will get Wiishop channel working for you.
-----------------------------------------------------

Just a quick question. I'm gonna have a go at this today, but I already installed Tona's Wii Shop and IOS51 installer. Does that mean I can skip this step ?

Ps.
Great job Moe !

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
WalkerOfTheDay said:
BIG MOE said:

1- Go to HBC and run (6-IOS51 Installer) and please say yes to installing IOS51 and yes to
2- Go to HBC and run (7-Wiishop Installer) this will get Wiishop channel working for you.

Just a quick question. I'm gonna have a go at this today, but I already installed Tona's Wii Shop and IOS51 installer. Does that mean I can skip this step ?

Ps.
Great job Moe !

yes you can skip both steps
wink.gif
enjoy

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BIG MOE said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
BIG MOE said:

Ps.
Great job Moe !

yes you can skip both steps
wink.gif
enjoy

Thanx m8. I sent you a pm.

fila73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
U said that this guide can by used to hack any version. But what if the Wii has System Menu version 2.1? The HBC installer claims that it needs at least 2.2. What shall I do? Is there some game which brings update to 3.2 on it's disc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!