Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Hi Big Moe.. Thanks for the guide

I got two questions
1: What files can i delete after i installed the files
2: Is the new homebrew channel the best choise so far?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Goldfinger515 said:
get error 2011 when trying to install hbc now. says i have system menu 305 and need 290 to install

ok i d/led the hbc 1.0 and got that to install although it said that i had i assume 385 not 305 and hbc now uses i thinik 355. either way it installed and now gonna try the rest

ok you are in the right direction so keep on going and post the results please
wink.gif

MamaTJ said:
Thank you thank you thank you Big Moe!!! You walked this 47 year old woman through hacking 3 Wii's today, and I thought I was too old to learn! LOL Just wanted you to know that all 3 finally took. The first 2 were 3.4 and went pretty easy the 3rd was 3.3 and I had the most trouble with it! I had to run a few programs a few times but then they went okay. I struggled with an error on that one... r= -116 then I realized I hadn't set up the internet on that console DUH! I haven't tried playing any back up games yet, I'm still trying to find the easiest way to do that but they are hacked for when I get that part figured out! The kids and grand daughter are gonna love me
yaynds.gif
Thanks again and if you have any tips for burning I'm all ears, you're an awesome teacher!!

I'm so glad my dear , and always happy to make a smile on someones face for the holidays , please keep me in mind for anymore needed help , regards
wink.gif

excite said:
Thanks BIG MOE, I also found that noobwarrior7 has a thread on softchip Wii without downgrade, I now have a 3.3e Wii, just wondering which way to go. Would you mind give me some suggestions, will appreciate that.

3.2 with Starfall is the most stable and secure settings so far , so it's up to you buddy
wink.gif

fila73 said:
sorry for bother you again. where can i get info about which update is on which gamedisc. I am interested in PAL game with 3.2 system update, i tried some googling but I did not succeed.

I don't remember seeing 3.2 on a game but mario kart and mario galaxy both comes with 3.1 so enjoy
wink.gif

Posts merged

WalkerOfTheDay said:
Finished installing yesterday. Tried Sonic Unleashed, and the Intro movie worked at first, then stuttered and then I got an 'cannot read disc' error. I guess this will be due to a bad burn. Tried burning on a Philips DVD-R at 4 speed using Nero on my laptop (LG burner).

Will try to burn it again with my pc. This has an Lite-on burner. Im going to first try the Philips DVR-R again, and If I don't succeed my Platinum DVD+R with changed booktype.

Originals work fine through the backuploader, although I got quite a scare when my original Raving Rabbits TV-Party wouldn't work anymore (Not in the loader, and not in the disc-channel.) But after forcing Pal 60, it worked like a charm, luckily
smile.gif
(Do you have any idea why it wouldn't work at first ??)

So many thanks Moe !
yaypsp.gif

my recommendations when comes to burning : DVD-r Verbatim x4 burning speed with roxio or cloneCD or Imgburn , and I'm sure you will not see media errors after that , sometimes a system reboot solves an error like the one you got with you original Raving Rabbits (just washing codes off
wink.gif
)

QUOTE(djkassen @ Dec 10 2008, 07:39 PM)
Hi Big Moe.. Thanks for the guide

I got two questions
1: What files can i delete after i installed the files
2: Is the new homebrew channel the best choise so far?

1- you can delete most of it , but why , and if you do please backit up first
wink.gif

2- HBC is the way to go in my opinion and most other gamers as well
smile.gif

QUOTE(MamaTJ @ Dec 10 2008, 11:58 PM)
Was just wondering if I could use this tutorial [url=http://forums.nintendo-scene.com/index.php?topic=2415.0]http://forums.nintendo-scene.com/index.php?topic=2415.0[/url] to back up games or will it mess up what I already have?
Thanks!

this is ok , if you wanna backup each game , I do recommend ( D**N L**Ding )
wink.gif
, it's faster and since you bought the games you have the right for a backup even if you (D**N L**Ding it
wink.gif
) .

sorry for late reply to all but work is crazy these days , but hey that's good right ? cheers all
grog.gif
laugh.gif

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was just wondering if I could use this tutorial http://forums.nintendo-scene.com/index.php?topic=2415.0 to back up games or will it mess up what I already have?
Thanks!

this is ok , if you wanna backup each game , I do recommend ( D**N L**Ding ) , it's faster and since you bought the games you have the right for a backup even if you (D**N L**Ding it ) .

Thanks Big Moe! I actually thought the same thing about ( D**N L**Ding ) and started a few but they say like 2 weeks! Seeds to peers is like 1 to 1000!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
MamaTJ said:
Was just wondering if I could use this tutorial http://forums.nintendo-scene.com/index.php?topic=2415.0 to back up games or will it mess up what I already have?
Thanks!

this is ok , if you wanna backup each game , I do recommend ( D**N L**Ding ) , it's faster and since you bought the games you have the right for a backup even if you (D**N L**Ding it ) .

Thanks Big Moe! I actually thought the same thing about ( D**N L**Ding ) and started a few but they say like 2 weeks! Seeds to peers is like 1 to 1000!

check other places , like when you check the (nEwS) on a daily bases
wink.gif

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BIG MOE said:
my recommendations when comes to burning : DVD-r Verbatim x4 burning speed with roxio or cloneCD or Imgburn , and I'm sure you will not see media errors after that , sometimes a system reboot solves an error like the one you got with you original Raving Rabbits (just washing codes off
wink.gif
)

Well, it turned out that the Sony -R I used had a big scratch on the back. Tried the Platinum +R for Sonic Unleashed @ 8X and it worked like a charm !
After that I burned Mario Kart in the same manor, but I accidentally forgot to lower the speed, so it burned at 18 X but it also ran fine !! (I did do a disc verify afterwards in Nero, no errors:) )

I'm a happy man !!

Ps.

I don't own any Verbatims right now, and I have 300 Platinums laying around, so I'll stick with those first.
Will buy some when I finish them.. (next week or so. LOL
smile.gif
)

imtony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I borrowed a friend's TP couple of months back to get the HBC. I'm on 3.3U right now, with HBC 1.1 and was wondering whats the best way to get to 3.2 so I can use Starfall? And with Starfall, I'll be able to launch TvC with v0.3gamma without having to change regions? thanks

Goldfinger515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp. Still cannot do anything. Even tried anytitledeleter and got no where. Numerous errors while started the app and cannot delete any ios. Every time I try to install an ios i get errors. I can install ios16 but when i do for some reason it doesnt count to 15 like the rest do so i dont know if it really installed. i have read and read and read and i always end up right here. so i guess thanks for the help but this is a lost cause. i will stick to my 360 from now on and let this collect dust.

Zonix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does the disc you burn onto have to be 4.7GB or can it be like 700MB, because some scrubbed games are around 700MB(AC:CF for example)

and do you think I will be able to burn the game on a old SONY CD-RW CRX1611?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Well, it turned out that the Sony -R I used had a big scratch on the back. Tried the Platinum +R for Sonic Unleashed @ 8X and it worked like a charm !
After that I burned Mario Kart in the same manor, but I accidentally forgot to lower the speed, so it burned at 18 X but it also ran fine !! (I did do a disc verify afterwards in Nero, no errors:) )

I'm a happy man !!

Ps.

I don't own any Verbatims right now, and I have 300 Platinums laying around, so I'll stick with those first.
Will buy some when I finish them.. (next week or so. LOL
smile.gif
)

cool I'm happy it all worked good for you buddy , enjoy , and finish the dvd you have on hand first since it have no errors , then verbatim next time
wink.gif

imtony said:
Hey, I borrowed a friend's TP couple of months back to get the HBC. I'm on 3.3U right now, with HBC 1.1 and was wondering whats the best way to get to 3.2 so I can use Starfall? And with Starfall, I'll be able to launch TvC with v0.3gamma without having to change regions? thanks

use ios downgrader first then Cios downgrader and install Starfall , and games will run region free with Starfall
wink.gif

Goldfinger515 said:
Welp. Still cannot do anything. Even tried anytitledeleter and got no where. Numerous errors while started the app and cannot delete any ios. Every time I try to install an ios i get errors. I can install ios16 but when i do for some reason it doesnt count to 15 like the rest do so i dont know if it really installed. i have read and read and read and i always end up right here. so i guess thanks for the help but this is a lost cause. i will stick to my 360 from now on and let this collect dust.

ok just tell me please are you using a USB Drive or SD Card ?? and if you wanna make it a dust collector why don't you format and start a fresh install ??? don't give up man you can do it !!!

QUOTE(Zonix @ Dec 11 2008, 10:57 PM)
Does the disc you burn onto have to be 4.7GB or can it be like 700MB, because some scrubbed games are around 700MB(AC:CF for example)

and do you think I will be able to burn the game on a old SONY CD-RW CRX1611?

NO CD !!!!! NO CD-RW !!!! it is simple please DVD-r and that's it nice simple and easy , good luck
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
djkassen said:
Can i delete both dol and elf and replace it with the latest boot.dol from homebrew channel?

sure you can but backup the boot.dol cause that's the one for WadManagerv1.3 and you need to put it back in root after HBC installation for the Starfall ercovery menu
wink.gif

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've been following this guide but I've run into a problem.

I put the homebrew .dol file and the twilight hack stuff (3.4) on a SD card, and it is in my wii. I go into the memory settings, and delete the Twilight Princess data then attempt to copy over the twilight hack (USA) onto my wii. It looks like it is copying, then says something like 'The data was not copied'. There's no error message, just the fact that it was not copied. I tried running Twilight Princess after just to check, and there was no file to load...

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
fila73 said:
Thanx a lot.

you welcome buddy
wink.gif

QUOTE(RoyMaster4 @ Dec 13 2008, 04:45 AM) Ok, I've been following this guide but I've run into a problem.

I put the homebrew .dol file and the twilight hack stuff (3.4) on a SD card, and it is in my wii. I go into the memory settings, and delete the Twilight Princess data then attempt to copy over the twilight hack (USA) onto my wii. It looks like it is copying, then says something like 'The data was not copied'. There's no error message, just the fact that it was not copied. I tried running Twilight Princess after just to check, and there was no file to load...

ok delete TP save first then insert the SD Card fast and copy the hack and run the game (fast fast fast ) cause the 3.4 is programmed to delete the save file for TPH , so the slower you go the chance will be (TPH deleted)
wink.gif
good luck and tell me how did it go
wink.gif

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
ok delete TP save first then insert the SD Card fast and copy the hack and run the game (fast fast fast ) cause the 3.4 is programmed to delete the save file for TPH , so the slower you go the chance will be (TPH deleted)
wink.gif
good luck and tell me how did it go
wink.gif
Doesn't work, still gives me the message 'The data was not copied' when attempting to copy it from an SD card to the wii.
The SD card is formatted as FAT and is a 1 GB one I got from a gamestop, if that helps at all...

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into a problem. I followed your instruction and downgrade my friend's unit to 3.2U( confirmed at wii screen) and installed starfall and backup launcher but the copy game refuse to run white they work fine on my machine. It is like the game try to load but failed. What could be the issue and what file could I be missing, do I need to install ios249 to get gamma to work?

FoolishDreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I followed every step of the guide, I burned Tatsunoko vs Capcom on two TDK -R at 8x and 4x but when i load the backup launcher gamma and try to launch the game I get a read error 324 everytime... Why?
I didn't get any error before...

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
RoyMaster4 said:
Doesn't work, still gives me the message 'The data was not copied' when attempting to copy it from an SD card to the wii.
The SD card is formatted as FAT and is a 1 GB one I got from a gamestop, if that helps at all...

ok be sure to change the name of Twilight3.4.bin to data.bin before you put it on your SD Card and be sure your Wii doesn't have a TP save file , then once insert the SD Card go to data and to SD Card and you should see the TPH save there , go ahead and copy to Wii , then run the game and load the save and go talk to the old man , this process should be done fast ( don't give any chance to the Wii to have time to recognize the hack ) it works all the time so try again please
wink.gif

Xellos2099 said:
I ran into a problem. I followed your instruction and downgrade my friend's unit to 3.2U( confirmed at wii screen) and installed starfall and backup launcher but the copy game refuse to run white they work fine on my machine. It is like the game try to load but failed. What could be the issue and what file could I be missing, do I need to install ios249 to get gamma to work?

reinstall cios249 from the downloaded package or install ios36 rev7 by waninkoko and run the loader again it should work
wink.gif

QUOTE(FoolishDreamer @ Dec 13 2008, 09:37 PM)
I followed every step of the guide, I burned Tatsunoko vs Capcom on two TDK -R at 8x and 4x but when i load the backup launcher gamma and try to launch the game I get a read error 324 everytime... Why?
I didn't get any error before...

reinstall cios249 from the downloaded package or install ios36 rev7 by waninkoko and run the loader again it should work
wink.gif

micros3rf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi moe, i done everything that was asked i load up the saved game file in zelda and i talk to the man wad manager v1.3 loads up. Do i press A and install the 5 wads? i did try that then i restarted my wii and loaded up the file again but the same menu loaded and HBC didn't appear.

thanks brad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ohhh just noticed that myself I bet it makes the Master System port look amazing by comparison lol