Hacking How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer

-AirStream-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in need of assistance. I've just used the software which BIG MOE has kindly provided us with but I have ran into a problem. Everything seems to run fine until I speak to the person and the screen begins to flash text. Once it completes the loading it takes me to a warning screen, it asks me if I wish to restart or accept, choosing accept I thought it was supposed to restart and automatically install the Homebrew Channel. When I accept it puts me into the WAD Manager 1.3 on every attempt I make. May I ask what am I doing wrong and what shall I do to avoid this? I can't seem to find the Homebrew Channel anywhere. I'm sorry if this is a foolish question.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
profycy said:
just wanted to thank moe, for the step by step guid everythign seems to have went fine, i have downgraded successfulll and got the launcheer as a channle the only probl;ems i was having was the installing the hbc, it would not load up, i had to do it manuallly via another source (google) but after the hbc was installed i did everythign else as stated vgood guide. btw hows that n64 loader anygood?

you welcome buddy glad I was a good help , enjoy

QUOTE(-AirStream- @ Dec 4 2008, 12:04 AM) I am in need of assistance. I've just used the software which BIG MOE has kindly provided us with but I have ran into a problem. Everything seems to run fine until I speak to the person and the screen begins to flash text. Once it completes the loading it takes me to a warning screen, it asks me if I wish to restart or accept, choosing accept I thought it was supposed to restart and automatically install the Homebrew Channel. When I accept it puts me into the WAD Manager 1.3 on every attempt I make. May I ask what am I doing wrong and what shall I do to avoid this? I can't seem to find the Homebrew Channel anywhere. I'm sorry if this is a foolish question.

ok in your case , remove (boot.dol & boot.elf) from the root of your SD Card and put (boot.dol) for LBC from this link http://rapidshare.com/files/170002327/boot.dol in the root of SD Card and run the TPH again to install the HBC once finished all installation switch back the boot.dol files so you can have WadManager1.3 boot.dol in the root for recovery ;) enjoy

jackiechen88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
may i please ask how come the file is under .exe
is this a virus again?!,...........
have anyone sucess in downgrade your unit?
is this file safe...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jackiechen88 said:
may i please ask how come the file is under .exe
is this a virus again?!,...........
have anyone sucess in downgrade your unit?
is this file safe...

You can trust all of Moe's files - he has been helpful to everyone on this board.
No virus in this , its just packaged that way to make life easier

I have downgraded 3 units so far
Yes its safe

-AirStream-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Homebrew Channel installed perfectly, thank you very much, BIG MOE! I've come across another troublesome problem though. I was installing the applications in your order but I've come across an error while installing the Shop Channel. When it was installing all the files an error saying DSI Exception Error occurred. I don't know what this is, what should I do to repair such an error?

meds06

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

Thank you all for the incredible work! I am discovering the Wii hacking community!

I was able to install the backup launcher v3 gamma without much problem on my wii menu version 3.3U. It runs mario kart backup without problem. Prior to installing it I didn't read this tutorial and didn't downgrade my menu firmware to 3.2. Would you suggest me doing it because it will allow me to install Starfall. Would that be too much of a hassle to do it as the brackup launcher has already been installed?

Thanks!

meds06

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it depends on how much else you intend to do really - if your only looking for the loader then your fine as you are - if you intend to do more then starfall will make your system more secure and help avoid bricking it if things go wrong.

If its not broken dont try to fix it - but if your going to go messing with things make sure your ready for the worst situations.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
-AirStream- said:
The Homebrew Channel installed perfectly, thank you very much, BIG MOE! I've come across another troublesome problem though. I was installing the applications in your order but I've come across an error while installing the Shop Channel. When it was installing all the files an error saying DSI Exception Error occurred. I don't know what this is, what should I do to repair such an error?

I think that error comes when your Wii isnt online - have you got a wireless connection on your wii ?

-AirStream-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thank you very much, Djtaz! How foolish of me not to have noticed that, instead of using a strong connection I chose a weaker one. I appreciate your help! I have almost completed the installations but I do have two other questions. What's the difference between a WAD install or a Network install of the gamma installation? And if I ever complete the installations will this be all that is needed to run any backup, in an earlier thread I mentioned attempting to run the Japanese Naruto EX2/3 on an American Wii.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
-AirStream- said:
Ah, thank you very much, Djtaz! How foolish of me not to have noticed that, instead of using a strong connection I chose a weaker one. I appreciate your help! I have almost completed the installations but I do have two other questions. What's the difference between a WAD install or a Network install of the gamma installation? And if I ever complete the installations will this be all that is needed to run any backup, in an earlier thread I mentioned attempting to run the Japanese Naruto EX2/3 on an American Wii.

Basically , if you have a folder on your SD on the root called 0000001 then you have already downloaded the files and you will will use that to install the gamma cIOS - it checks every file first and confirms its downloaded.
If you dont have them files , both the WAD and the DOL start to download the required files for the cIOS to install - if it cant , the install fails.

WHEN (not if) you complete the installation that is pretty much all you require to run 95% of games. You should be able to run a Japanese game on the US Wii without any issues. Never updated if a foreign discs asks you to , though they shouldnt on gamma.

Some older games have issues as they run on IOS9 and thats a problem for the gamma loader - if you use Waninikoko's IOS Patcher ( http://wii.waninikoko.info ) and patch that game to ios249 , the game will work.

Some of the more modern games have a bluescreen error no one can yet resolve - need for speed undercover is one.

WiiWouldLikeToPl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I am a complete noob at this and would like some noob questions to be answered please
smile.gif

I have version 3.3U so once I do Twilight Hack, I should downgrade to 3.2U correct?
What is installed on discs and what is installed from SD card?
What is a wad?
Is there any thing else I should know or do once I have Starfall and HBC installed?'

Thanks again, sorry if I'm a noob at this. Lol I'm new too this wii stuff even though I've had it for like a year and a half. Anyways, thanks AGAIN I appreciate it.

EDIT: I JUST LOADED THE SAVE FILE ON TP AND WENT THROUGH THE STEPS BUT NOW IT IS ASKING ME WHICH WAD I WANT TO INSTALL? Which one do I pick? Help please I thought it was supposed to restart

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
meds06 said:
Hi

Thank you all for the incredible work! I am discovering the Wii hacking community!

I was able to install the backup launcher v3 gamma without much problem on my wii menu version 3.3U. It runs mario kart backup without problem. Prior to installing it I didn't read this tutorial and didn't downgrade my menu firmware to 3.2. Would you suggest me doing it because it will allow me to install Starfall. Would that be too much of a hassle to do it as the brackup launcher has already been installed?

Thanks!

meds06

you actually still able to downgrade to 3.2 and install Starfall ,it's more secure and brick proof , just use CiosDowngrader1.0 and after downgrading reboot your system and run Starfall from the homebrew Channel and follow instructions , for any more help please comeback ;)

jackiechen88 said:
this might be dump to ask...
how do i install WAD to allow it run by HBC....
i always run my WAD through Pricess......

my friend there is no dump question in my dictionary , and most Wads are installed either for system files enhancement or to make game channels or app channels , so no need to run them through the HBC each time you want to use it , and it's installed or uninstalled via the WadManager v1.3 . for any more questions don't hesitate to ask ;)

djtaz said:
QUOTE(-AirStream- @ Dec 4 2008, 02:32 AM)

Basically , if you have a folder on your SD on the root called 0000001 then you have already downloaded the files and you will will use that to install the gamma cIOS - it checks every file first and confirms its downloaded.
If you dont have them files , both the WAD and the DOL start to download the required files for the cIOS to install - if it cant , the install fails.

WHEN (not if) you complete the installation that is pretty much all you require to run 95% of games. You should be able to run a Japanese game on the US Wii without any issues. Never updated if a foreign discs asks you to , though they shouldnt on gamma.

Some older games have issues as they run on IOS9 and thats a problem for the gamma loader - if you use Waninikoko's IOS Patcher ( http://wii.waninikoko.info ) and patch that game to ios249 , the game will work.

Some of the more modern games have a bluescreen error no one can yet resolve - need for speed undercover is one.

Djtaz thanks a lot bro for the support , I was busy with a new project at work till late ;) , you are a great brother man cheers
grog.gif

-AirStream-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it seems as though everything installed fine! Backup Loader opens fine, I have yet to run a backup yet though. It seems as though when I chose WAD installing it said a file was missing but the Network installation seemed to have finish it, just wanted to add this in the event that I did something wrong. I apologize for my ignorance, Djtaz, but your explanation of the files confused me. I hope you do not take that offensively. Thank you all for your help, this guide is great and it made everything much simpler. I'm sorry if I may have annoyed any of you with my questions. Thank you Djtaz and BIG MOE for all the information!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
-AirStream- said:
Well it seems as though everything installed fine! Backup Loader opens fine, I have yet to run a backup yet though. It seems as though when I chose WAD installing it said a file was missing but the Network installation seemed to have finish it, just wanted to add this in the event that I did something wrong. I apologize for my ignorance, Djtaz, but your explanation of the files confused me. I hope you do not take that offensively. Thank you all for your help, this guide is great and it made everything much simpler. I'm sorry if I may have annoyed any of you with my questions. Thank you Djtaz and BIG MOE for all the information!
you are more than welcome , and can you tell me please which Wad that gave the missing error ??

-AirStream-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error occurred when I was doing this step:

1- Go to HBC and run (8-cIOS_Installer Gamma) and follow on screen instructios til finish
and exit to HBC again .

The instructions told me to choose an installation, either Network or WAD, I chose WAD first. When I chose it, it quickly brought up 4 lines. The line mentioned a rather long file, I'm sorry to say I did not get to read it. I think it was an IOS file and at the end of the sentence it had -1 at the end. Although this error or missing file occurred it said installation complete, I still installed it through Network after though. Also I have forgotten to ask you is the "Forsaekn Gamma Channel" better to use and should I also install that along with the one you provided? Thank you and I'm sorry I could not give you the exact file.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
WiiWouldLikeToPlay said:
Okay I am a complete noob at this and would like some noob questions to be answered please
smile.gif

I have version 3.3U so once I do Twilight Hack, I should downgrade to 3.2U correct?
What is a wad?
Is there any thing else I should know or do once I have Starfall and HBC installed?'

Thanks again, sorry if I'm a noob at this. Lol I'm new too this wii stuff even though I've had it for like a year and a half. Anyways, thanks AGAIN I appreciate it.

all files after the TPHack is installed from SD Card with internet connections , the Wads usually are files for installation and it's located in the WAD folder in the root of your SD Card and run via WadManagerv1.3 from the HBC for either installation or uninstallation , after you install HBC and Starfall you are on the safe side , so it's up to you , Gamma loader is your next install I believe and it's up to you from here
wink.gif

WiiWouldLikeToPl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
WiiWouldLikeToPlay said:
smile.gif

What is a wad?

all files after the TPHack is installed from SD Card with internet connections , the Wads usually are files for installation and it's located in the WAD folder in the root of your SD Card and run via WadManagerv1.3 from the HBC for either installation or uninstallation , after you install HBC and Starfall you are on the safe side , so it's up to you , Gamma loader is your next install I believe and it's up to you from here
wink.gif

Okay, thanks
smile.gif
But now, I followed all the steps then loaded the save file on TP, and talked to old man. I pressed accept, now it says Wad manager 1.3 on top and Tekno consolas. It is telling me which wad do I want to run? Idk which one to pick, I thought it was just supposed to reset. Thanks

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
-AirStream- said:
The error occurred when I was doing this step:

1- Go to HBC and run (8-cIOS_Installer Gamma) and follow on screen instructios til finish
and exit to HBC again .

The instructions told me to choose an installation, either Network or WAD, I chose WAD first. When I chose it, it quickly brought up 4 lines. The line mentioned a rather long file, I'm sorry to say I did not get to read it. I think it was an IOS file and at the end of the sentence it had -1 at the end. Although this error or missing file occurred it said installation complete, I still installed it through Network after though. Also I have forgotten to ask you is the "Forsaekn Gamma Channel" better to use and should I also install that along with the one you provided? Thank you and I'm sorry I could not give you the exact file.
oh ok the internet installation is ok for cios , though it should of installed from the wad if you have all the files in the installer at folder 00000001 !! , I like two channels at all times for Gamma one that comes in my installer which is forsaekn's and Djtaz's channel that you can obtain from his zip file in his signature , and this channel will be added to Big Moe's Ultimate Wii Hack Installer v3 , that will be ready soon ;)

ps : the forsaekn channel that comes with installer is the autoboot channel ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.