Hacking How to get Twilight hack back on 4.2?

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WAIT before you post about bannerbomb, smash stack, indiana pwns. Read everything first.

So what I want to do is copying the twilight hack to 4.2 system menu, dont tell me about bannerbombs etc because I know about it and the point is, I just want to have twilight hack working again. I enabled in priiloader remove rzdx checks etc, but when I copy it, it always end up with: It may not have copied succesfully.
I think that if I somehow get it on my wii Nand, it wont remove it, the only thing that is now annoying, is preventing me from copying.
Since I got homebrew channel, priiloader, nand backups etc, there should be a way to enable it right?

Thanks for reading.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to say something but I'm biting my tongue.

In a Youtube video you posted in another thread there was a program called "Reactivator" or something along those lines.
Research said program and maybe you'll find your answer.

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
With Priiloader you can disable the system menu checking for RZDx savefile changes.
just get Priiloader & hacks.ini then enable "Disable HAXX DVDx & RZDx checks".
it'll work perfectly fine and it would also function as a little brick fixing

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
megazig said:
did you create a save for TP first?
Yes.

harmor said:

In a Youtube video you posted in another thread there was a program called "Reactivator" or something along those lines.
Researched, but they didnt release the unpacked twilight hack files.

QUOTE(Drag0nflamez @ Jun 23 2010, 04:23 PM)
With Priiloader you can disable the system menu checking for RZDx savefile changes.
it'll work perfectly fine and it would also function as a little brick protection.

No it doesnt work perfectly. Like I said, I used Disable RZDx check, but I can't copy it to my wii, everytime I try it says:"It may not have copied succesfully".

Anyone know how to get it to work
unsure.gif
[/

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bjorno said:
megazig said:
did you create a save for TP first?
Yes.

harmor said:

Researched, but they didnt release the unpacked twilight hack files.

'Drag0nflamez' post='2935350' date='Jun 23 2010, 04:23 PM']With Priiloader you can disable the system menu checking for RZDx savefile changes.
it'll work perfectly fine and it would also function as a little brick protection.

No it doesnt work perfectly. Like I said, I used Disable RZDx check, but I can't copy it to my wii, everytime I try it says:"It may not have copied succesfully".

Anyone know how to get it to work
unsure.gif
[/
Which Twilight Hack are you using?
I guess the =< 3.3 versions would work fine - checks disabled?
EDIT: 3.4 version, read bjornos post.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use Savegame Manager to install it. You'll need to decrypt it with FE100 first (can be done without needing to extract anything from your Wii). Good luck
wink.gif

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SifJar said:
Use Savegame Manager to install it. You'll need to decrypt it with FE100 first (can be done without needing to extract anything from your Wii). Good luck
wink.gif

yeah i already tried but I cant get further :S

Run Xyzzy from Homebrew Channel to create keys.txt on SD memory card. Only need to run once if files are retained.
Use Gecko OS to reboot with nocopyflags; copy save(s) to SD memory card.
Copy keys.txt and libeay32.dll from OpenSSL to FE100 folder.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package x86.
Run FE100KeyGrabber.exe to create key files that FE100 can use to unpack / pack the save files. Only need to run once if files are retained.
Run FE100.exe to unpack / pack data.bin files.

Im confused.
So do i need to create keys.txt from my wii?
Like copy keys.txt and libeay32.dll from openSSL (Wut??, wich one, i see lots of different kind..)
Keygrabber? confusing, where do I get all those files from?(sd key, sd iv etc etc)
And yeah Since i dont know how to get keys and libeay I cant run Fe100 to unpack it, so any help out there? xD

@Dragonflamez, tried the first release of twilight hack

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll try to make it as easy as possible (which may not be very as I've never used FE100...):

Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Install OpenSSL
Download FE100 and extract
Find the OpenSSL install directory and copy "libeay32.dll" from there to the FE100 directory you extracted
Run FE100KeyGrabber.exe and press "get stuff from interwebz"
Press "make me happy" (ignore all the warnings)
Then run FE100.exe and select the data.bin from Twilight Hack, and select "Unpack"

Then dump a working Twilight Princess save from the Wii using Savegame Manager.
Find the folder made by SGM and replace its contents with the unpacked Twilight Hack.
Install save with SGM.

This should I think work.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SifJar said:
I'll try to make it as easy as possible (which may not be very as I've never used FE100...):

Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Install OpenSSL
Download FE100 and extract
Find the OpenSSL install directory and copy "libeay32.dll" from there to the FE100 directory you extracted
Run FE100KeyGrabber.exe and press "get keys from internet" or similar button (not sure exact wording)
Then run FE100.exe and select the data.bin from Twilight Hack, and select "Unpack"

Then dump a working Twilight Princess save from the Wii using Savegame Manager.
Find the folder made by SGM and replace its contents with the unpacked Twilight Hack.
Install save with SGM.

This should I think work.

Seems like a nice idea, okay i will try yours first, if it doesnt work, i will try another method that i have for a while in mind. Okay thanks for helping man,

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember I had this problem when I updated to 4.2 within a few hours of release when I was trying to install the Indy PWNS hack.

I swear patching IOS70 (after everything was installed) it stopped happening. Try patching IOS70 using Dop-Mii and see if that works.

I guess do a NAND backup first but I think that'll be a simpler fix? I could be wrong though but I know trucha signing IOS70 gets VC/WW to work.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Sifjar, I tried it and it doesn't work.
When I copy:"Unable to copy data". NINTYYYY
frown.gif

Ok im gonna use another method brb.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Where the files in the dumped folder the same names etc. as the files from the unpacked Twilight Hack? If not, FE100 must unpack it differently to how it is on NAND....

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SifJar said:
Where the files in the dumped folder the same names etc. as the files from the unpacked Twilight Hack? If not, FE100 must unpack it differently to how it is on NAND....

yeah. Im trying now another method.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
muwahah. Finally, I flashed it to the nand and it is working perfectly (with reboots), now when I go to settings and save I see Zelda Twilight Princess LOL (since I need to flash 1 more file), but I tested it and runs fine, hackmii installer runs hehehe.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well.. I used FSToolbox to flash those files directly in the nand. And its working perfectly =D Im gonna try it without the disable RZDX check.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bjorno said:
Well.. I used FSToolbox to flash those files directly in the nand. And its working perfectly =D Im gonna try it without the disable RZDX check.

Without the hack it won't work.

And did you flash the files unpacked by FE100 with FSToolbox (I suspected you may have used FSToolbox...)

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SifJar said:
bjorno said:

Without the hack it won't work.

And did you flash the files unpacked by FE100 with FSToolbox (I suspected you may have used FSToolbox...)

True, it deletes it immidiately xD if the hack is turned off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +2