DrHectic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can load it but then it asks for the update, which will probably brick my PAL wii right? I've read that the only way to get this to work is to use the freeloader 'alternate method' but the thing is that my freeloader is a 'backup' and it doesn't stop spinning after the lines go across the screen but loading the disc still works, but that could be the Wasabi using its region free.

So if I use this alternate method of running games using freeloader and allow the update to run, this should be completely safe?

Are there any other methods of getting brawl to work? Thanks if anybody can enlighten me on the subject.

DrHectic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cool thanks for clearing that up for me guys
biggrin.gif

DrHectic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*NEVERMIND I FIXED IT*

I've got a problem now...I did the freeloader double swap and did the update and I played the game fine.

Then the second time I loaded the game up using freeloader the game appears in the channel but when I load it up my TV just shows a 'no signal' in the AV channel! Does anybody know why this is happening?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
freeloader forces it to boot in 60hz mode, if your wii is set to 50hz mode just change it to 60hz mode (in system settings) or if you want it to boot in 50hz mode then just don't use the freeloader (although this causes the videos to lag)

DrHectic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay but the thing is that when I set my Wii to 60Hz mode and try run Brawl it loads and gives me a 'no signal' in the AV channel - even though other games work like this.

But when I'm in 50Hz it loads up fine and I don't get any video lag, I do however, have the whole screen shifted down a bit so it cuts off half the health display and I have a black bar on top. I noticed the screen shifts back to a normal position after I have cleared classic mode and the credits roll. Any way to get my screen in normal position at startup?

My TV is a 40 inch Samsung LCD if that makes a difference

Thanks if anybody knows a solution!

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you running your wii on the AV cables that come with it? (Composite)?

If so... do yourself a favor and pick up some component cables and run your wii in 480p (EDTV/HDTV) mode.

You can pick them up sub $10 from places like dealextreme.

gamidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I had that problem too, and the fix is really simple. JUST WAIT!!! The screen will be restored in about one minute and everything will work fine. Just disable the deflicter from the 50 hz mode.

DrHectic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It works now, thanks guys!

Since I have a retail copy I can't fix the FLUDD/squrtle freezing can I? Doesn't matter anyway I don't use those guys

gamidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
The squirtle and fludd issues do not happen if you are running the game in 60 hz mode. I have tried them over 20 times in 60 hz and the wii didnt freeze like it would freeze if it was 50 hz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex