Homebrew How to get R4 working?

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have an R4i 3DS (by R4i-factory) but their website is down so I can't upgrade my firmware on my R4 (apparently you need exactly the firmware for you exact R4). Can you bypass this by regionfour or something like that? Since it can bypass region, can't it bypass the patch so it can run the r4?

marc00077

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Can you send a link or some reference of the card? There are a bunch of cards that can be called "r4i 3ds"
And no, regionfour only allows you to play other region's 3DS cartridges.

Last edited by marc00077,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering something similar i have a blocked flashcard, ironhax and knowledge that there is no way (yet) to install .cia files through it so no timewarp cia is there another way to unblock my blocked card that was blocked on firmware 4.something (Ak2i)

marc00077

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Called R4i-factory. And their websites down.
I couldn't find nothing related with that card. Does it play 3ds roms or DS roms only? If it plays 3ds roms it'll be a gateway clone so it will only work with firmware 4.x.
If it only plays DS games and doesn't work with your 3ds firmware you'll have to install flashcardtimewarp and then will probably work. If you're past 9.2 you have to get a new card or get a 3ds with an older firmware.

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If someone could make a homebrew app like regionfour that would allow for all flashcarts to run (even original ds carts) that would be pretty cool.

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i was wondering something similar i have a blocked flashcard, ironhax and knowledge that there is no way (yet) to install .cia files through it so no timewarp cia is there another way to unblock my blocked card that was blocked on firmware 4.something (Ak2i)

You can get your AK2i working by downgrading twl_firm and downgrade the whitelist on sysnand. Did it myself, works fine. Can also use AK2i to install the gateway MSET exploit.
(O3DS sysnand 4.5, Gateway Emunand 9.9)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/acekard-2i-on-3ds-xl-4-5.389369/

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I couldn't find nothing related with that card. Does it play 3ds roms or DS roms only? If it plays 3ds roms it'll be a gateway clone so it will only work with firmware 4.x.
If it only plays DS games and doesn't work with your 3ds firmware you'll have to install flashcardtimewarp and then will probably work. If you're past 9.2 you have to get a new card or get a 3ds with an older firmware.

Mine is R4i-3DS BUT it only plays DS Roms.... is there any app like regionfour to play flashcarts without needing a lower system menu version. I'm on 9.9 26 E sysnand and have no emunand lol. And I don't have any 3DS flashcarts... do I need a DS lite to update the card?

marc00077

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Mine is R4i-3DS BUT it only plays DS Roms.... is there any app like regionfour to play flashcarts without needing a lower system menu version. I'm on 9.9 26 E sysnand and have no emunand lol. And I don't have any 3DS flashcarts... do I need a DS lite to update the card?
You're basically screwed. Even if the page was working and you could install the update it won't be compatible with that version so you can only buy another one compatible with your firmware or look for a 3ds with a lower firm :(. And no, if your version is above 9.2 no hombrew allows and it'll probably never allow you on the future to "bypass" the flashcard protection, neither DS only flashcards or 3DS ones

Last edited by marc00077,

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any flashcards for DS roms that work on 9.9?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or I have a DSi XL at 1.4.5 Australian. Any luck with that?

marc00077

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Any flashcards for DS roms that work on 9.9?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or I have a DSi XL at 1.4.5 Australian. Any luck with that?

http://www.r4andmore.com/latest-3ds-9-8-0-25-compatible-flash-cards/
http://www.rev3ds.com/blog/3ds-9-9-hackwhich-flashcard-to-buy-for-hacking-3ds-9-9-0-26/
http://www.elotrolado.net/wiki/Lista_de_flashcards_compatibles_con_Nintendo_3DS_en_modo_Nintendo_DS
R4i Gold Wood RTS
Supercard DS2
R4i-sdhc 3ds RTS
2015 Version R4i-gold Pro
2015 Verion R4i-sdhc Silver

I can't confirm any of those are working, I've only googled them so you should search about them before buying, btw google is your friend.

And no, 1.4.5 is the last version of the dsi so the one with less working flashcards. You shouldn't update systems without fully knowing what you're doing, keep in mind that you can always update your firmware but nearly never downgrade it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock