1. godreborn

OP godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    GaryOderNichts likes this.
  2. Deleted User
    This message by Deleted User has been removed from public view by x65943, Jan 17, 2021, Reason: trashed post.
    Jun 20, 2020
  3. godreborn

United States
    maybe if you're redownloading everything, but that's not necessary if one ticket is causing the problem. it's easy to tell which one if you get a failed install immediately from the eshop.

4. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    yep, I'm the guilty creator :ninja:

godreborn likes this.
  5. godreborn

United States
    you're one sick puppy. :P

cearp likes this.
  6. zedmongo

zedmongo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay, I’ve been following this thread for over a year and just now FINALLY summoned up the courage to try and fix this headache with my softmodded Wii U.

Basically, I got a LEGIT copy of Yoshi’s Island DS from the eShop. Installed Haxchi, Homebrew Launcher, WUP Installer, etc. all on my own and everything was groovy.

Then, using Wii U USB Helper, I accidentally download a fake version of Yoshi’s Island DS and accidentally create a duplicate fake ticket.

I’ve managed to locate it in the keys.txt file -
    00050000010198900 b9e2eb920fe65f0f11a8ce7d1c04c785 (000c/[email protected] AND 0x350)

But now I feel a bit outta my depth. I got FileZilla to run FTP with my Wii U and HxD for a hex editor, but I’ve never edited script before so I’m terrified I’m gonna fuck something up.

Also, I have nothing in my storage_slc folder according to FileZilla?

Finally, this doesn’t actually completely prevent me from using my Wii U or even using the homebrew channel/Haxchi but I have to depend on the website exploit being up and running.

7. godreborn

United States
    I don't think there's any risk if you mess up (just back up the file first). there would be obviously if you were messing with a ticket that had a cbhc game ticket in it. after you delete the ticket, add up the bytes of the remaining tickets. each ticket will either 696 bytes or 848 bytes iirc. I think I wrote it down in the op. the total bytes should be divisible by those numbers or a combination of the numbers. I don't know how many tickets can be in one ticket bucket, but I think I've seen up to 5.

8. CORE

CORE 3:16

United Kingdom
    Hey just a quick thanks to this thread I deleted 539 Tickets except for my HaxChi Game to start fresh I kept the 4 Digit Folders and deleted just the Tickets. Tik2SD came in handy too.

9. godreborn

United States
    I just realized something kinda interesting. I think there's only one dlc ticket for all dlc for any game, so if you have a free dlc, you could essentially get all dlc for free by installing with wup, downloading the free dlc component, then transposing legit and fake tickets. I think that's how the zelda and mario kart 8 "free dlc without cfw" tutorials work.

CORE likes this.
  10. godreborn

United States
    I'm not sure how this happened, but for some reason I had the mocha ftpii u everywhere. I've since replaced it with one that says cbhc in the folder name. everything now works again. I'm backing up my wii u sd card atm. it's almost done.

11. Paulo Victor

Paulo Victor Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Guys, I need some help. I bought Batman Arkham City USA version and when I try to launch it pop up a message that's says to update the game version. There's no way to skip or update, only a button to back.

So was thinking maybe cause I've downloaded years ago this game through WUP and installed this is causing a conflict with title key.

Reading the tutorial I already install the tik2sd made the backup of tickets and found the USA version from WUP installer here.
    The path is this one:

00050001010ab00 (title id)
    0000 / [email protected]

I opened the file with hex editor but don't know which line have to delete.
    This tik file has 2,33 kb, so can I assume that contains more than one game right?

12. godreborn

United States
    yes, tickets for games, updates, or dlc are either 848 bytes or 696 bytes. afaik, retail is 848 and digital is 696. if you installed the game through wup, it's probably 848. each ticket starts with 00 01 00 04, so you'll know the beginning of each and the end when you see that hex again. the one to delete is the one with the repeating pattern. a legit ticket should be indecipherable and random. we don't have the private keys to decrypt that, so we created a repeating pattern over the user section of the ticket, which is at the very beginning of the ticket.

Paulo Victor likes this.
  13. godreborn

United States
    I think you have one 696 byte ticket at the beginning, then two 848 byte tickets.

Paulo Victor likes this.
  14. Paulo Victor

Paulo Victor Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    So this tik is bigger than that right? I have to look up to find the right line to delete. On that path in title tik2sd theres a tip of which line have to erase? Or always fake id's from wup will start with 00 01 00 04? I'm going to sleep now, spend some hours trying to figure out how to do it lol
    But more later I put some screenshot from the hex file to show u!

But thx in advance!

15. godreborn

United States
    show me in pm. the wrong line has private information. no, all tickets start with that, fake or real.

Paulo Victor likes this.
  16. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Are they consume free space or something?

17. godreborn

United States
    Not much. They just prevent official content from installing.

18. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
  19. godreborn

United States
    I don't know what you mean. When you download something from the eshop and you have a fake ticket, it will fail at install. It's a problem for a haxchi install, because uninstalling and formatting does not delete tickets. You have to do it manually.

20. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Oh so this is for those who have problem installing haxchi?

21. godreborn

United States
    Really for anyone who wants to buy from the eshop.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Delete, Ticket,