Tutorial  Updated

How To Delete A Fake Ticket

How To Delete A Fake Ticket

Something that can be frustrating about the way licenses (.tik) work for the Wii U is the fact that they're not deleted when deleting a game. Also, many tickets are found in the same .tik file. I remember when I was doing this for the first time, Lucadian Chronicles, the game I was trying to get rid of the fake ticket for, was lumped in with a Sonic game. lol This tutorial will fix this and possibly prevent cbhc bricks from not testing the bought game on cfw.

First, download tik2sd from here:

Code:
https://github.com/FIX94/tik2sd/releases

Next, open the homebrew launcher using your favorite entry point

Run tik2sd. This may take a few moments, so give it some time. Afterwards, you should have a file named: keys.txt, along with your tickets, in the tik2sd folder on the root of your sd card.

Now, lookup the title id for the game you want to delete the fake ticket for. You can obtain this from a title key site which I can't give the name of due to it containing copywritten material on it.

After you find the .tik with the fake ticket for the game you want to remove, check the size. If it's 696 or 848 bytes, there's only one ticket in it, so you can safely delete the .tik from:

Code:
storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps

Use ftpiieverywhere to do this. And, make sure it's the ftpiieverwhere for your situation (i.e. coldboot haxchi ftpiieverywhere or normal ftpiieverywhere). Remember the location as well which can be found in the tik2sd folder on the root of your flash drive. :)

If the size is larger, open the ticket in a hex editor such as HxD:

Code:
https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD

Now, you can find which ticket and which .tik file it is based on the keys.txt, so once inside, you'll know if a ticket is at, for example. offset 0 or offset 350, etc. Also, each new ticket file starts with:

Code:
00 01 00 04

This is important if say you have a fake and legit ticket at the same time. tik2sd won't tell you this. Now, either delete the one ticket (in hex) from the .tik file or, if there's more than one, compare the two.

If there's a repeating pattern with one of them over and over again near the beginning (00 01 00 04), that's your fake ticket. It might say "DISEASED ISABELLA" in hex many times. That's what mine said anyway. Delete it.

Now, transfer the .tik to:

Code:
storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps

followed by the folder location you found in tik2sd. Now, test to see if it works by trying to play the game without cfw. This should help people with cbhc or other haxchi errors or even if you were using a fake ticket, but now want to buy the game to use haxchi (can't with a fake ticket or it will fail install). Good luck.

Thanks to Madridi for teaching me how to do this.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your Wii-U. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll be fine! :)

Last edited by godreborn,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a couple other tutorials for the wii u on psx place under my other name pinky. I might add them here and have one of the mods change the title to "Pinky's Wii-U Tutorials." pinky is my other name everywhere but here. godreborn predates that name which is y it's different. :P

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I gave credit to @Madridi , as he walked me through the process with Lucadian Chronicles. I try to give credit to everyone I learn something from, then build off of that. :)
Thanks, but that credit belongs to @nexusmtz .. Everything I know on the Wii U is based on what he directly or indirectly taught me :)

Last edited by Madridi,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but that credit belongs to @nexusmtz .. Everything I know on the Wii U is based on what we directly or indirectly taught me :)
Once enough people know something, it's just knowledge. I certainly wasn't the first person to manipulate a ticket. I was probably first on pointing out the significance of the order of the real and fake tickets for DLC, but that's not this, and none of us are getting statues anyway :) If it helps someone and avoids having to answer the same questions again and again, it's good in my book.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good post, but I still think giving credit to whomever I learned something from to be the right thing to do. I did that with my ps3 tutorials, but I also expanded upon the information...in some cases significantly. I still gave credit though. a lot of those ps3 people r no longer a part of the scene, so it's nice to consolidate and expand information when possible. :)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
yeah, that's the thing: who knows where the information originated from? it might be nexusmtz. I just gave u credit since I learned it from you. :)
Once enough people know something, it's just knowledge. I certainly wasn't the first person to manipulate a ticket. I was probably first on pointing out the significance of the order of the real and fake tickets for DLC, but that's not this, and none of us are getting statues anyway :) If it helps someone and avoids having to answer the same questions again and again, it's good in my book.
Sure, I just wanted to point out that I didn't discover this on my own. While the dlc manipulation is what led me to this info, I wouldn't have reached to this conclusion if it wasn't for it.
I understand what's being said, but I'd like to give credit as well :)

Prince ofhell

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
i am re-downloading the game with usb hdd on to see where to go for there

Attachments

• IMG-20171109-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20171109-WA0010.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 609
Reactions: AncientBoi

Mth2017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Um. Hello, Im having a problem with the error 105-3687 .

1st i dont use any CFW

The thing is i download it a Legit DLC of mario kart (Hyrule Pack) and after a while i downloaded the full unlegit DLC with both packages. after a while i had to delete the DLC for some space on my USB flashdrive. today i wanted to download only the legit DLC again from the Eshop but a window pop up saying that "some of this content is already on this console" it was weird because i dont have any content of DLC besides the update and the savefile itself. i download it anyway and when it finished it was gonna start the installation error 105-3687 pop up saying that the file is Corrupted. i tried to follow the tutorial but ... i really dont understand some stuff of it. i manage to do the SD part and got the Text file with all the Tiks and stuff. but after i entered on the ftpiieverwhere and entered the ip i can see all the folders but i cant acces any of them...

I Really dont know what to do. plus i have the same problem with Hyrule warriors DLC. but i want to solve MK8 first. hope anyone read this.

Sorry for the bother. (My English is really bad)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Ok, I managed to get there, there is only this folder. what should i do with it?

View attachment 108975
You're in the wrong place. You're supposed to go to storage_slc not storage_mlc

Don't rush with this stuff. You could brick if you mess up what you are doing as you are effectively playing with the nand

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you also might want to make sure you have the right ticket. do as @Madridi said first. that dlc/ticket is for super smash bros btw. the 0005000c is the prefix. the dlc on that title key site will say that it's dlc on the right of the page, so you may have to "find next" a couple of times. you have the game as well, right? the dlc, game, and update will all have separate tickets. updates use the prefix 0005000e , so look for those on the title key site, though it might be easier just to look to the right for the word DLC.

Mth2017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@Madridi @godreborn Thanks for the support again, and yes i have the tickets im looking for on a text file just to be sure. i found the storage_slc folde but i could not find the folder of the DLC.

i did find other folders on the storage_usb folder (i usually installed the DLC on the usb, not the wii u itself. but for some reason the problem still pops up on eshop with or without the usb flash drive.) what should i do then? sorry for being such a noob on this...
upload_2017-12-22_10-51-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-22_10-45-47.png
    upload_2017-12-22_10-45-47.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 524
Last edited by Mth2017,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the confusion. 0005000c is where the dlc would be located and what the prefix would be if looking for it in the keys.txt. search for this (assuming you're using the usa pack): 0005000c1010ec00 . see how many times it appears first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...