Hacking How to convert from one format to another?

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everybody.

Let's see if I can sum this up: I have an M3 Simply and an EZ Flash 3in1. I want to back up my copy of A Link to the Past + Four Swords, so I can use a "custom" save game with it. Why, you may ask? Because I don't have a GBA, I only have a DS. And, as you may know, Four Swords is only available in multiplayer mode, with other 3 people with a GBA and the game, each one, and it unlocks a new dungeon in LttP once beaten.

I wanted to use a saved game I downloaded from GameFAQs, with Four Swords completed and the extra dungeon on LttP unlocked, but I don't know how. You see, the save file is in .gsv (GameShark) format and it's only 9.04KB. How am I supposed to convert this file into one that can be used with the 3in1?

Thanks in advance.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For backing up the GBA game, use GBAldr. Check its thread in the EZ-Flash forums for more info on how to do that.

For converting the savegame, I've heard that you can just open up the game in VBA and use File - import - Gameshark Snapshot in order to load the save file. Then save in-game and VBA should produce a *.sav file for you. I'd imagine this save file would work on a 3in1.

n45800

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also want to backup a link to the past, but GBAldr doesn't seem to backup EEPROM. (LttP uses EEPROM)
Whenever you try, you end up with a 512 kilobyte file filed with (HEX) FFFFFF.
There is a utility for slot 2 flashcards that support DLDI that backs up EEPROM, but it doesn't work on a slot 1, or 3-in-1.
( chishm.drunkencoders.com/SendSave/index.html )
Anyone have any ideas? I want to copy over my Phantasy Star Collection File..
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1