Hacking Question How to CLEAN update with mismatch fuses and a burnt GC fuse?

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.
I want to restore and update my SysNAND so its safe-ish to go online. I have a NAND backup I did before SXOS but after Pegaswitch. My system was a launch 1.0 model I updated to 3.0 on Nintendo servers back in the day and had on airplane mode. I updated it to 3.0.1 with Super Mario Odyssey. After that I updated to 4.1 without burning fuses. Lastly I restore my first backup. My fuses are at 3.0.1 but now my system and my backup are on 3.0. RCM works. I tried to use the same SMO cartridge to update and I got an error. GCfuse.

EZ to read summary

My System
3.0 freshly restored first backup.
Fuses match 3.0.1
GCslot fuse burnt and disabled on current firmware

How do I update? Will booting in to ChoiDuJour leave traces visible to Nintendo? I suppose if I could update to 4.0.1 and keep my NAND clean I could go online and update then.

Please let me know what you think.

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess your best bet is to start the SXOS payload and then click on boot original firmware. That will circumvent the mismatching fuses. Then just update online. After being on latest firmware, check if eShop still works or if you got banned.

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants to know.. I wound up making a EmuNAND using my "clean" backup... I use the regular "Nintendo" folder as opposed to "Emutendo" (you change it in the config)... I go online using atmosphere, all legit software and no patches.. So far so good! Been going online since October using this method. I boot it up using fake news on a 3.0.1 SysNAND...

People are gonna freak out. I know someone who does this for a long time. His SysNAND has Linux on it.. No ban for over a year and a half..

This thread had over 1000 views (Thanks!) and I never posted the outcome. So here you go!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the limited knowledge I have on Pegaswitch, it by itself does not leave any traces on the system but the confirmed ban that happened to ShinyQuagsire was attributed to his error codes (and I would argue his status as a prominent hacker). So as long as you didn't meet those criteria, I don't think you were at risk for being banned. Heck the guy with Linux is basically at 0% risk because Linux doesn't touch Horizon whatsoever so not sure what your friend or other people would even be worried about.

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the limited knowledge I have on Pegaswitch, it by itself does not leave any traces on the system but the confirmed ban that happened to ShinyQuagsire was attributed to his error codes (and I would argue his status as a prominent hacker). So as long as you didn't meet those criteria, I don't think you were at risk for being banned. Heck the guy with Linux is basically at 0% risk because Linux doesn't touch Horizon whatsoever so not sure what your friend or other people would even be worried about.

It's not Linux that people say presented the ban risk , it's the fact he was running Atmosphere in EmuNAND in order to use his Switch online and to play legit games. That's the part everyone freaks out about.

I can tell you from experience, running EmuNAND on Atmosphere WILL NOT get you banned in itself. No piracy. No Patches. Stock clean EmuNAND and Stock clean Atmosphere online is OK. I have been doing it for quite some time now. No ban.

Last edited by mikefor20,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not Linux that people say presented the ban risk , it's the fact he was running Atmosphere in EmuNAND in order to use his Switch online and to play legit games. That's the part everyone freaks out about.

I can tell you from experience, running EmuNAND on Atmosphere WILL NOT get you banned in itself. No piracy. No Patches. Stock clean EmuNAND and Stock clean Atmosphere online is OK. I have been doing it for quite some time now. No ban.
I don't know why anyone would think that in the first place. EmuMMC is the only way for users with a patched console using Pegascape to go online and emuMMC was definitely made with them more in mind than unpatched users. If we had Stock emuMMC however, that may alleviate whatever doubts people have left of the safety of emuMMC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.