Hacking How to clean up my softmodded Nintendo Wii?

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I bought a Nintendo Wii with Wiikey back in 2007, in 2014 I installed sofmod on it. Now I need to keep the softmod but clean up everything else(selling it). The question is how this is done?

The Wii got a installed SD card and a USB harddrive connected. Installed software is :

- Wii Mod 3.2
- WiiMC
- Priiloader shortcut
- Confugurable USB Loader
- Hackmii installer
- Priiloader installer
- SaveGame Manager GX
- SysCheck HD

On homescreen I got couple of channels(Nintendo 64 games), how do I remove them?

When running Confugurable USB Loader it shows a couple of Nintendo Wii games, how do I remove them? guessing this is done on a PC with some kind of software?

How do I remove any Nintendo account on the console, even those that is connected to the store?

Thanks for helping.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Wii got a installed SD card and a USB harddrive connected. Installed software is :

- Wii Mod 3.2
- WiiMC
- Priiloader shortcut
- Confugurable USB Loader
- Hackmii installer
- Priiloader installer
- SaveGame Manager GX
- SysCheck HD
If that's what's visible in the HBC, they're not "installed", just "placed on the SD/USB in the right place" :)

On homescreen I got couple of channels(Nintendo 64 games), how do I remove them?
The official way (settings > data management > channels), it will leave the tickets installed but they're harmless, if you want those gone too use an homebrew like bushing's version of AnyTitle Deleter
The console also has a file called uid.sys which records the titleID of every disc or channel ever used, it's harmless too but you can't restore a Wii to "like new" status without serious and risky effort (at least for certain definitions of "like new", most people indeed don't care)

When running Confugurable USB Loader it shows a couple of Nintendo Wii games, how do I remove them?
Those too are on your SD/USB storage, just don't include them - they aren't a standard accessory of the console in the first place :)

How do I remove any Nintendo account on the console, even those that is connected to the store?
Wii doesn't have accounts in the common meaning of the word, if you want to remove Wii Shop licenses open the store > settings > delete account > type the serial number and follow the instructions

I would just use the Priiloader installer to uninstall it then factory reset the console, this will leave any CIOS installed and remove the HBC, but they're easy for the new owner to reinstall updated versions of (and you won't become free tech support for them ;) )

Reactions: Alexander1970

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great! So all I really have to do to be able to sell it legaly is to remove the harddirve and and clear the SD from any backups that might be there. And also remove the channels from the data manager?

I have never bought any games online on this console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!