Hacking How to check if your Gateway 3DS is damaged?

siddartha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

My 3DS is running Firmware 4.4 and WiFi has always been off. I have a 4GB SD card and a 32GB micro SD card.

I was using Gateway 3DS Omega 2.7 for about a month. Then all of a sudden when trying to enter Gateway mode I got the following message:

An error has occurred, forcing the software to close.
The system will now restart.
(Unsaved data may be lost.)

I've checked forums for an answer here and here and both threads suggest faulty memory cards to be the problem but when I put them into Windows they seem to be running fine.

So the first question is whether or not there is some tool (apart from using Windows to scan for errors) to use to determine whether or not the memory cards are faulty.

The second question is whether there is a tool or method to check if the Gateway 3DS cards are damaged?

Or should I just start from scratch and reflash everything?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using Gateway 3DS Omega 2.7 for about a month.
You sure? 2.7 has only been out for about 5 days now.
Then all of a sudden when trying to enter Gateway mode I got the following message:

An error has occurred, forcing the software to close.
The system will now restart.
(Unsaved data may be lost.)
Usually I've seen this as a problem with the exploit. Take the card out and see what happens when you boot.
So the first question is whether or not there is some tool (apart from using Windows to scan for errors) to use to determine whether or not the memory cards are faulty.
Try H2testw.
The second question is whether there is a tool or method to check if the Gateway 3DS cards are damaged?
Run the SPI Test from the Gateway menu by holding L when entering Gateway mode.

But it sounds more like the problem is the exploit/launcher. Re-install with the blue card and make sure you have a valid launcher file.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you trying to load gateway mode directly, or are you doing it via the gateway menu (by holding L)?

If you are able to bring up the gateway menu there's a "diagnostic" option which might provide some insight.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe thats the error youll receive when u hit nintendo ds profile and the 3ds doesnt detect the launcher.dat file. i could be off but i had a similar problem recently but all i had to do was take out my sd in the 3ds and put it back in.

siddartha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you guys are fast - a reply in less than 15 minutes!

I went ahead and re-installed with the latest 2.7 and everything is back to working condition again.

You guys rock, what a great community this is. I'm a long time lurker here so I wasn't wrong about where to turn if I ever needed help.

Kudos to all! :bow:

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you are back up and running but if you decide to format the Sd card use the Panasonic Sd formatter for the Sd association. Works for me when things get screwy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches