Gaming How to change the name of several roms at once (removing their prefix)?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone.:)

I recently bought an ace3ds card, with a microSD included with 500+ nds roms (mostly puzzle games).
I'm very satisfied with it; I've already deleted some games and installed others, which didn't work with my r4 gold pro. By the way, you'll notice that its GUI makes a very good advertisement for this site.

IMG_20210804_210143.jpg

The games already present, however, are not in alphabetical order: they are sorted randomly, and each title is preceded by a number of three digits, increasing, followed by the release number (4 digits).
I would like to put them in alphabetical order by removing the initial numbers from the title: my question is if there is a program that allows you to edit them all at once, without renaming them one at a time, obviously freeware. Could you provide me a link to download it?

I would also like to know if, using it directly on the files contained in the microSD, there is a possible risk of corruption of the microSD. Or do you suggest me to copy them all on pc, rename them there, and then copy them again on the card?

Thanks in advance.:wink:

Last edited by Nikokaro,

GentlemanPotato

Trophies
XP
Country
Panda Batch File Renamer is good and free. It'd probably be fine renaming them on the sd card but you could copy them to your PC if you're worried about corruption.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.